Sam's Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam's Bike

sorry don't have any caps of it but in a ep of S3 we see Sam working on a Motorbike and one of my mates think thats a reference to AT but i think it was just put in there to give Sam a little Masculine touch
    so what do you think?
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

I think it's there to make her look cool and edgy. Though I don't remember seeing her working on a bike, only coming in wearing biker gear in that space-race episode. All a bit contrived IMO.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

AT has talked about it in a feature article once:

What's up with that bike that Carter is occasionally working on? It really throws me for a loop, seeing her tweaking it.
      Thanks,
      Bob

Amanda Tapping:
      Yeah, I have a classic 1940 Indian motorcycle. Initially in this episode they had me tending my garden. What does Carter do in her off time? Tend her garden?? And I went, this woman doesn't have time for flowers! She's never home! They'd die! So I said, what if she had, like, a really cool motorcycle, like an old Harley, an old Hog? And then they found this 1940 Indian, beautiful, classic, mint condition bike. But it was weird, because I just assumed you'd see Carter in her garage tweaking her motorcycle. But I guess we didn't have access to the garage, so we ended up doing it in her lab. Which was weird! I don't know how she got the bike down there, or whether she'd be allowed to, but that's neither here nor there at this point! The thing with Carter is she's an adrenaline junkie, and so she has an Indian, and she has a Harley, and she has a classic Volvo. And she also has a new Volvo, which happens to be Amanda's Volvo which they're now using in the show! But occasionally they'll put gas in my tank. It's all good! So yes, she's a Volvo and Indian girl, I guess, and Harley. Motorcycles and Volvos, that's the girl! What's with it? I don't know. She's an adrenaline junkie. On weekends she goes out and rides her bike.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

A Harley is an odd choice of bike for an adrenaline junkie. Cruisers are built for cruising and looking cool, not for bursts of speed. A Blackbird or Fireblade or even ZZR would have been better. But I suspect having a Jap bike in an American TV programme might have made people gasp or something.
        Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

What episode did we see her working on a bike? I know she came in wearing biker gear at one point, but don't remember anything with a bike.

sigpic

Comment

4x13 The Curse
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I quite liked that. Before then her 'time off' had always been catching up on science stuff and that time they mixed up a bit by having Jack assume that's what she was going to be doing and then her and siler are working on this honking great bike.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                sorry don't have any caps of it but in a ep of S3 we see Sam working on a Motorbike and one of my mates think thats a reference to AT but i think it was just put in there to give Sam a little Masculine touch
                so what do you think?
                It's shown in "The Curse", the episode that introduces Osiris. And it hardly gives Sam a little masculine touch; lots and lots of women are into motorcycles and it doesn't give them a "masculine touch".

Comment

i thought it was awesome to see her doing something other then science stuff. it showed that she does have other interests. and it hardly makes her masculine.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
                    A Harley is an odd choice of bike for an adrenaline junkie. Cruisers are built for cruising and looking cool, not for bursts of speed. A Blackbird or Fireblade or even ZZR would have been better. But I suspect having a Jap bike in an American TV programme might have made people gasp or something.
                    Harley's aren't bad Danno owns one he loves it me on the other had have a Chopper LOVE IT!
                    sigpic
                    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

I'm not a big fan of choppers, I think they can look silly and OTT. Though I must admit, cruisers are comfortable for longer journies. I wouldn't like to do a thousand mile trip on anything too sporty, unless it was a sports tourer. Even my streetfighter would make me hesitate.

Comment

Working...
                      X