Why the hate for Castiel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the hate for Castiel?

Seriously, why? About a few months ago all I read over on TVBTN comments was ''Bring back Castiel!!'' now suddenly its all ''Castiel's out stayed his welcome'' or in light of the S8 renewal news ''Hopefully no more Cas''

Seriously, WTF?! Fact is Jensen & Jeard couldn't continue to hold the show by themselves past the first two Seasons, they needed to bring in more characters. I know there is a rather 'vocal crowd' of SPN fans on the net that slam Sera Gamble at ever turn, but I love Cas' character. Humor is so dry and well performed/timed.

Hello!

I have no idea why so many do not like Castiel. I really like Castiel and I am glad that they brought him back. I feel that Castiel brings a lot to Supernatural.

Comment

I love Misha Collins, and I love Castiel, but I had the feeling during S6 that they noticed that it's pretty difficult to have a character as mighty as Castiel is and still have situations where the boys are in any danger. It's pretty convenient when you have an ally who can do anything.
      So at first he has to becomes their ally (S4) then he was cut off from heaven (S5) and then he had his own plan (S6), so what's to expect? With a mighty, in-occupied angel as an ally every episode cand end after 10 minutes because Castiel saved the day or you have to invent yet another reason for him to not be around, and that gets difficult and boring after a while.
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

I would say there was done a lot of damage to Cas'character in season 6 when he became an allie of Crowley and started finally the Leviathan-storyarc. I know how I reacted the first time when I watched those episodes, especially the season-6-finale, and I call myself Castiel-fan.

Well, I would say, no one will blame Sera anymore in season 8 (yay! for the greenlight!). I have to say, I don't blame her for demonating Cas and (at least for the German fandom) I love the storyarc she opened and that they let the heaven/hell-thing slide aside.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Sera won't be around in S8 since she resigned as a showrunner. Let's see how Castiels state is at the end of S7 and what Jeremy Carver will make out of it.

I for myself hope for either an satisfying end for Castiel or have him with the boys but not as full angel, instead I'd like him to be a real (maybe a little spiced up) human who accepts his limits and does not end like the Cas in "The End (S5)".
          Last edited by iolanda; 04 May 2012, 05:44 AM.
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

For me personally... I was angry at Cass for how he betrayed the boys/mains, but at the same time, he was trying to do things for the right reasons - to stop Raphael... I just can't stay mad at him!

Cass, I ain't mad at ya!

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I haven't seen any hate for Castiel anywhere. Certainly not here on GW. I may be a bit miffed at him for what he did to Dean and Sam during S6 - and at the beginning of S7 - but I don't hate him. I could never hate the nerd angel that pulled Dean out of hell. I'm with you Lunaeclipse, 100% of the way. Granted I prefer S4-S5 Cas to current Cas. But, to each her own right?

And I don't know what this TVBTN is.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                I haven't seen any hate for Castiel anywhere. Certainly not here on GW. I may be a bit miffed at him for what he did to Dean and Sam during S6 - and at the beginning of S7 - but I don't hate him. I could never hate the nerd angel that pulled Dean out of hell. I'm with you Lunaeclipse, 100% of the way. Granted I prefer S4-S5 Cas to current Cas. But, to each her own right?

And I don't know what this TVBTN is.
                Sadly I've seen some Cas hate and at the JIB3 in Rome Misha even got booed at, which I find is something you just don't do :-(. That's places where I don't want to go at all!

I, too, can't stay mad at him and I hope they find a good storyline for him.

TVBTN is TV By The Numbers - the site where you can find the ratings for TV episodes.
                http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/

I guess it's one of those sites where comments can go crazy.
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

I wasn't even a little miffed at what Cas did during season 6. I agreed with what he was doing and felt bad for him that he was put in that position.

I missed having Cas around this season.

Fans vary widely in fandoms as we should all know by now. Doesn't surprise me that some of them hate Cas. I mean there are SPN fans that hate Sam or Dean.... Possibly even both!
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                    Sadly I've seen some Cas hate and at the JIB3 in Rome Misha even got booed at, which I find is something you just don't do :-(. That's places where I don't want to go at all!
                    Yeah, there was just no call for that at all!

I, too, can't stay mad at him and I hope they find a good storyline for him.
                    Same here.

TVBTN is TV By The Numbers - the site where you can find the ratings for TV episodes.
                    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/
                    Ah, yes. I had a feeling it was a site I was familiar with...I just wasn't able to put my finger on it.

I guess it's one of those sites where comments can go crazy.
                    This.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    I wasn't even a little miffed at what Cas did during season 6. I agreed with what he was doing and felt bad for him that he was put in that position.
                    I guess my love for the boys, one in particular, and how bad I felt for them overrode the part of me that would have felt bad for him; or perhaps did feel bad for him for one fleeting moment.

I missed having Cas around this season.
                    In a way I did too. I miss early Cas a lot!

Fans vary widely in fandoms as we should all know by now. Doesn't surprise me that some of them hate Cas. I mean there are SPN fans that hate Sam or Dean.... Possibly even both!
                    It is expected. Not everyone likes every character on a show. We don't all have the same "type" as it were. Yes, fans do vary widely.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                      I guess my love for the boys, one in particular, and how bad I felt for them overrode the part of me that would have felt bad for him; or perhaps did feel bad for him for one fleeting moment.
                      It was sad to see Dean sad about the whole thing... Cass was trying to do what he thought was the right thing, but I guess Dean had a bad feeling about the situation, so they had to disagree... I felt sad for them both...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I like all the characters and I like what they did with Bobby & Cass. These have been some great moments for those characters and I'm very much interested in seeing where it goes.

But angry at the actors? Haha...no way!

But it's like what happened to Michael Shanks where a fan grabbed his butt...some just go too far with the feelings shows provokes in them.

Comment

... Apparently Misha got booed on the stage at one of the cons lately. He played Cass that doesn't make him responsible for the direction the character went in...

Comment

Thankfully nowbody even remotely booed at him in Germany last weekend.
                            Misha was just a great and gentle guest and he was terrific on stage.
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                              ... Apparently Misha got booed on the stage at one of the cons lately. He played Cass that doesn't make him responsible for the direction the character went in...
                              Some people can't accept actors as separate from their characters nor the impact actors have in how a character progresses. It's a shame

Comment

Working...
                              X