The Aschen discussion thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Aschen discussion thread.

Pardon me if one already exists, I did not see one. Or find one with a search.

This is a thread dedicated to the grey and the proud,(not the Asgard.) the Aschen.(Dubbed "the Stargate Pixies" by some, referring to the older cartoon Fairly odd parents.)

The Aschen are one of the many cultures in Stargate that did not receive enough attention. They were cool enough to deserve more then two episodes. Do you agree?

I also believe their way on conquering a race is one of the nicest, most humane ways. The Goa'uld would just nuke a planet. The Aschen let people live out their lives in almost perfect health.

Current baseline discussion, has anyone else heard the Aschen called "a race of Aspies." They are highly intelligent, practical, logical, capable of focusing on their work quite well, (Turning Jupiter into a star.) but not socially gifted or expressive of emotion. I believe they do possess emotion, they just did not show it. They stared a lot, and had very rigid body language. They also showed sensitivity to loud noises. Sound familiar?

So, have you ether heard that, thought that, or now agree/disagree with "the Aschen are a race of Aspies."
    Last edited by Gormagon; 30 April 2012, 09:01 AM.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Did u know that originally in SG-1 season 8 or 9 the writers had planned to do an episode in which the Aschen accuse Earth of causing billions of their people to die by providing a misleading Stargate address which led to a black hole? The Asgard acta s the judges.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Really, two episodes was enough. "2010" provided a great What if? "2001" showcased a great story, what if the warning didn't work? Really, I don't think there was any gas left in the story after "2001." If the Aschen dialed the black hole, that's what they get for conquering an entire civilization.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        Really, two episodes was enough. "2010" provided a great What if? "2001" showcased a great story, what if the warning didn't work? Really, I don't think there was any gas left in the story after "2001." If the Aschen dialed the black hole, that's what they get for conquering an entire civilization.
        The English did it to Scotland and wales they did it to Ireland they did it to practically half the world. Would you say that the UK deserves to be destroyed.

The UK practically did the same thing to America and the Native Americans never chose that so would you say that if America and the Uk were destroyed by another country deeming that to be wrong they would deserve it?
        sigpic

Comment

The real question we should be asking is did the Aschen overthrow the Goa'uld?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JosephGracey View Post
            The real question we should be asking is did the Aschen overthrow the Goa'uld?
            Well, the replicators pretty much took care of the Goa'uld in season 8 anyway.

For me, two episodes of the Aschen was enough, with one story of what would have happened and another showing an alternate version. However, I do have to wonder about the fate of the Aschen. Would they have tried to use the gate coordinates Sam gave them? As smart as the Aschen are, knowing Sam & the Tau'ri had figured out their devious plan to take over Earth, would they still have trusted those gate coordinates? If they didn't try those coordinates, don't you think they would have found another way to get back at the Tau'ri somewhere down the line?

However, I probably would have rather had a full season or two of battling the Aschen in place of the crappy Ori story.

The thing that bugged me the most about the Aschen storyline was the changes they made post-production for "2010" on how to pronounce the name. As much as I love the Sam/Jack cabin scene, it irks me like crazy to listen to AT's obvious overdub of most of her dialogue when they decided to change the pronunciation from ASH-en to a-SHEN. RDA didn't have to dub over his dialogue, because we all know Jack never gets the names right anyway.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree with the general consensus...2 episodes was enough.
              sigpic

Comment

What about one more episode like what Stargatewatcher posted, wrapping up what happened to the Aschen? We never do find out what happens, officially.

Because of their reserved and cautious nature I doubt they would dial from their homeworld. More likely a offworld outpost.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

I seem to remember reading that there were plans for a third Aschen episode, but it never materialized.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                    What about one more episode like what Stargatewatcher posted, wrapping up what happened to the Aschen? We never do find out what happens, officially.

Because of their reserved and cautious nature I doubt they would dial from their homeworld. More likely a offworld outpost.
                    While I enjoyed the two episodes with the Aschen...I didn't feel particularly drawn to them. I felt what we saw was enough. There are times when you want to know what happened to person X after the episode...but the Aschen didn't fall into that category.
                    sigpic

Comment

I always thought that the Aschen deserved one more episode, wrapping up what happened. Especially since they would want to get back at Earth.

The Tollan deserved one or two more just because they were the Tollan.

The Serakkin/Hebridan needed 2 more, one with diplomatic stuff and checking out their home world, one with their fighting the Ori.

Any other major races we never saw again?

But the writers left many many loose ends.

Comment

Nah. The Tollan went out right when they needed to, and most effectively as well. They couldn't have been written out in a better way.

Hebridan....yawn. I didn't even want to see them the first time, never mind the second (though Space Race did end up being kind of an amusing aside). I wasn't sad to hear about them being conquered and never seeing them again.

I was disappointed that Jonas (and by extension, Langara) were basically never heard from again in SG-1. Send Jonas home, visit once later that season, and then poof gone. Season 10 they mention the planet getting conquered, and nobody so much as wonders about their buddy Jonas? Sloppy writing, guys. Sloppy. And that the Ori conquest didn't even get mentioned come Seizure...good lord.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The bad guys that I really wanted to see again were the ones who duplicated everybody in Foothold. I would have liked them to reappear at some point, considering that many got away through the stargate, and they had more than enough info from the minds of other SG personnel.
                          sigpic

Comment

If you follow the GWVF 4.0 timeline the foothold aliens are called the Tka-Tko-Tka. Here is some info on them if you are interested.
                            http://gwvf.wikia.com/wiki/Tka-Tko_-Tka
                            http://gwvf.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hidden_Empire

Comment

I think the Aschen could've used a story or so more. especially since a LOT of people would've been vulnerable to them after the Goauld. no ori crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X