Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why would the guards looking for "the brotherhood" torture people to death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would the guards looking for "the brotherhood" torture people to death?

OK so they want info about the brotherhood so they torture that guy and he gives it to them.... but then they just keep going anyway.... IN FULL VIEW OF THE OTHER PRISONERS. I wonder how their next interrogation went?
    guard: tell me what I want to know before that giant rat thing burrows though your chest
    prisoner: no you'll just kill me any way.... you always bloody do
    guard: errrrr promise I won't this time?
    Last edited by slimjim; 25 April 2012, 07:16 AM.

They're the bad guys.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
      They're the bad guys.
      even an amoral person wouldn't hurt someone if not doing so was in their interest

Comment

Of course they would. They're idiots as well as bad guys. Tywin said as much.
        sigpic

Comment

Of course they would. They're idiots as well as bad guys. Tywin said as much.
          even small children can understand "go back on your word and people won't trust you any more"

Comment

They can understand "dont stick your hand in the flame, it burns" aswell, but children still get burned.
            sigpic

Comment

They can understand "dont stick your hand in the flame, it burns" aswell, but children still get burned.
              children often do stupid stuff because theirs as slaves to their emotions and impulses not because they don't understand why they shouldn't, these men aren't children

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                children often do stupid stuff because theirs as slaves to their emotions and impulses not because they don't understand why they shouldn't, these men aren't children
                Then why bring children into it?
                sigpic

Comment

Then why bring children into it?
                  I didn't say kids weren't pretty dumb as well as being emotionally immature

Comment

They're sadists. The entire point is that Harrenhal has become this mad hellhole and the Lannister soldiers have been torturing people for so long they don't really care about information, they're just doing it for their own amusement.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      They're sadists. The entire point is that Harrenhal has become this mad hellhole and the Lannister soldiers have been torturing people for so long they don't really care about information, they're just doing it for their own amusement.
                      did you get that from the books? because if so I don't except it as an explanation for something in the TV show

Comment

because they can.

its as simple as that.
                        remember in feudal societies, peasants and lower class don't mean **** to higher ups. they can rape pillage and burn whatever they want because as far as society is concerned its their right.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                          because they can.

its as simple as that.
                          remember in feudal societies, peasants and lower class don't mean **** to higher ups. they can rape pillage and burn whatever they want because as far as society is concerned its their right.
                          they can't if they need peasants to be cooperative
                          given this was suppose to be the south judging by their accent those guards weren't any one's "higher ups"

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                            did you get that from the books? because if so I don't except it as an explanation for something in the TV show
                            No, it's clear in the tv show that the guards are sadists doing it for their own enjoyment.

How much more do you need? A dictionary definition of sadism to pop up?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                              No, it's clear in the tv show that the guards are sadists doing it for their own enjoyment.
                              no it isn't.... at all

Comment

Working...
                              X