Acting Acording to Ori Promises to Achieve Enlightenment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acting Acording to Ori Promises to Achieve Enlightenment

I've wondered why, since the Ori promise their followers that they'd ascend them if they died fighting for the Ori, why the Orisians (I use this term to denote Ori corporeal human followers) didn't try to kill themselves off quickly purposely figthing recklessly? Perhaps they didn;t think the ori would condier this type of dying to count?
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    I've wondered why, since the Ori promise their followers that they'd ascend them if they died fighting for the Ori, why the Orisians (I use this term to denote Ori corporeal human followers) didn't try to kill themselves off quickly purposely figthing recklessly? Perhaps they didn;t think the ori would condier this type of dying to count?
    There is still something to be said for human self preservation.

On the other hand, there is a good chance that there is something in the ori religion that says that you cannot intentionally commit suicide to achieve ascension. I mean the Bible says suicide is pretty much the same as murder. Same concept.
    As for fighting recklessly, going by what was season in seasons 9 and 10, I'd say they definitely did that.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

it is a very good question but think the said the Ori could see all so they might've thought not to risk it
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

The Priors say ascension is the reward for serving the Ori. If you try to get yourself killed then you really aren't serving them.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Thanks for replying people. You all suggested answes that make a lot of sense.
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

sure
            sigpic
            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              The Priors say ascension is the reward for serving the Ori. If you try to get yourself killed then you really aren't serving them.
              This.. Serving them faithfully can't be accomplished in anyway if you just kill yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X