Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I won Sheppard's Johnny Cash poster but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won Sheppard's Johnny Cash poster but...

I won the jonny cash poster from Shep's quarters on ebay from VIP auctions. Came with the MGM certificate of authenticity and everything. But its not right. I've checked season 2 through 5 and they all show this picture..

poster.jpg

But what was advertised and arrived is this one...

cash-johnny-hammersmith-odeon-1966-5000544.jpg

Now, unless this thing was used briefly in season 1 somewhere, this is not the legit poster. I know i cant return it or anything like that but basically I just want to know... if its not from Atlantis.. then what the frak is it? lol

This thing look familiar to anyone?

You've been had. I'd be cranky.
    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
      granted, i didnt do my homework on it before buying it but you'd think mgm's prop department would have it together a little better than this. i've messaged vip to see whats up. i mean, it was as advertised so its my fault for buying it but i mean come on..

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        I'd say that'd be true. The feeling of being had will eventually had, I've been had many of times and a lot of those times I've been pissed off but eventually you learn to live on and not to make the same mistakes as you did in the past.
        Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
          I'd say that'd be true. The feeling of being had will eventually had, I've been had many of times and a lot of those times I've been pissed off but eventually you learn to live on and not to make the same mistakes as you did in the past.
          you wouldnt mind but they're as reputable dealer as it gets. its not like it got it from some schmuck on craigslist or something lol. thinking about just buying the real poster from some poster site and just framing it with the certificate lol

Comment

I would check the episode where they are sent back to earth because of the fog, i thought that it was in his apartment.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TuKwick_1 View Post
              I would check the episode where they are sent back to earth because of the fog, i thought that it was in his apartment.
              Checked... its the same as in the first picture. also found the same poster in "Vegas"

Comment

That's very unfortunate to hear you had this happen. I'd definitely try to return it if you can't see it in any frame of the show. Since you bought it on eBay you can return it I think eBay is within 60 days and if you paid with PayPal you can file a claim for up to 45 days from purchase.

I have the poster that was in Sheppard's room framed, my aunt got it for me a few years ago, thought it was pretty frakkin' cool to see it on screen!

Sorry to hear about your situation but hope you keep us posted as you move forward with it.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by dacooker
                The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

don't return it sell it for the same amount just don't scam people call it "Johny Cash Poster" i'll buy it
                  sigpic
                  Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

update: VIP Fan Clubs got back to me tonight and told me they've give me a refund if it wasnt right and i wasnt happy with it. so good on them!

Comment

hahaha they probably found this thread
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                        hahaha they probably found this thread
                        hah i know right!

/wish I was in australia right now you lucky bastard! lol

Comment

?
                          sigpic

Comment

lol i had just noticed you were from Oz and was jealous is all

i'm from new york but i've been to qld and nsw. cant effing wait to go back! i loved it down there!

Comment

you liked NSW?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X