I just ordered the second Triliogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered the second Triliogy

I just ordered the second trilogy and I can't wait for it now I will have all the movies. Yay!!!
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

The prequel trilogy? I ask, because some people refer to the original trilogy as the second trilogy since it's chronologically second. Episodes 4-6 and all.

Comment

I was kind of wondering the same, actually.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've always referred to them as the original and prequel trilogies myself.

Comment

Most people do, to the point that OT and PT are generally understood shorthand.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I ordered the Prequel Trilliogy
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
              I ordered the Prequel Trilliogy
              Attack of the Clones is the best out of the three!

Comment

o___________________________________________O

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  o___________________________________________O
                  Yeah, its crazy. But honestly I think ROTS is my least favorite. I like the peacetime era building up to the Clone Wars, I like the look of alot of the characters more so than in ROTS too. Episode II Anakin > Episode III Anakin. I think Anakin being whiny in Episode II was okay and kinda made since for his age. Plus the Clones looked cooler too!

Comment

I don't like sand....it's coarse, and it gets everywhere...

AotC was almost as bad as TPM. Almost.

Comment

I don't like sand....it's coarse, and it gets everywhere...

AotC was almost as bad as TPM. Almost.
                      Over time I've begun to hate it less and less(first I loved it when it came out and it was the first Star Wars DVD I owned and rewatched many times, I eventually got sick and tired of it but now I just like it). Its kinda hard to when my favorite side of the family loves it! So I couldn't be left out! I think the prequels as a whole I've just come to enjoy them and try not to think into them too much.

Comment

Huh. I have no idea why that image got pulled down, there was nothing offensive about it.

Anyway. The Phantom edit of AotC was actually quite good and quite watchable. Amazing that good editing can turn a complete turd of a movie into something rather respectable. Shame about the 'official' version.

Comment

Huh. I have no idea why that image got pulled down, there was nothing offensive about it.

Anyway. The Phantom edit of AotC was actually quite good and quite watchable. Amazing that good editing can turn a complete turd of a movie into something rather respectable. Shame about the 'official' version.
                          I've been meaning to watch both Phantom edits for ages now! I just haven't..gotten to it...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            I've been meaning to watch both Phantom edits for ages now! I just haven't..gotten to it...yet.
                            Phantom edits? You have me intrigued. Explain please.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom_Edit

Basically, the guy has taken regular off-the-shelf DVDs of I and II and plugged them into a video editor. He trimmed the fat, cut out the monstrously stupid bits, tightened up parts that dragged, substituted in deleted scenes (which are G-canon where they don't conflict with final cuts of films) where he felt they fit better than the existing material, and bam.

The change in both is pretty dramatic. I don't know that anything, ever, could make TPM a watchable movie but damned if it wasn't an absolutely heroic effort. It did make it a ton better. And Episode II, rather than being a confused mess of a movie, is actually very very coherent and a pretty decent movie. So much better, in fact, that I can't even watch the official cut of the movie anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X