X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the Re'tu

Has anything really happened with the Re'tu after 'show and tell'
    Last edited by FixxxeR; 19 May 2004, 01:46 PM.

That's what I want to know! Especially now that nearly all Goa'uld civilization has collapsed. The Goa'uld threat would no longer be an issue. Meaning the Re'tu rebels would no longer need to kill humans. However since SGC doesn't no which world it was that the Re'tu (the nice ones) were on it would mean back tracking planets with those special flashlights. Then again Jack could just ask Charlie since he is with the Tok'ra.
    Check your facts.
    http://www.fact-index.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mobiac
      That's what I want to know! Especially now that nearly all Goa'uld civilization has collapsed. The Goa'uld threat would no longer be an issue. Meaning the Re'tu rebels would no longer need to kill humans. However since SGC doesn't no which world it was that the Re'tu (the nice ones) were on it would mean back tracking planets with those special flashlights. Then again Jack could just ask Charlie since he is with the Tok'ra.
      charlie is with the tok'ra?? do they even mention his name anymore? i thought he died. and why exactly did the the re'tu want to kill the humans again?
      "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Originally posted by KingKha
        charlie is with the tok'ra?? do they even mention his name anymore? i thought he died. and why exactly did the the re'tu want to kill the humans again?
        You're getting confused young man. Charlie was the name the boy picked in the episode 'show and tell' because it was the name of Jack's son.

Comment

This is unfortunately one of those side stories that got pushed out of the way and forgotten by the writters (unless they are planning to finished the story in season 8). I want them to go back and revisit Daniel's grandfather with the Giant Aliens - that is something that we are really missing out on. As for the Re'tu, your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea what happened to them. Our introduction to the transphaze eradication technology is how we end up kicking Nirrti's butt in two seperate episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Odens återkomst
            This is unfortunately one of those side stories that got pushed out of the way and forgotten by the writters (unless they are planning to finished the story in season 8). I want them to go back and revisit Daniel's grandfather with the Giant Aliens - that is something that we are really missing out on. As for the Re'tu, your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea what happened to them. Our introduction to the transphaze eradication technology is how we end up kicking Nirrti's butt in two seperate episodes.

I'm hoping that the Re'tu do come back in season 8, if just to close the story.

As for the giant aliens, I'd love to see them again, we know nothing about them, other than the fact that they are Anti-Gou'ald
            sigpic

Comment

Of course, the System Lords could have found the remaining Ree'tou and destroyed them in the middle of Season 3

Comment

The Re'tu were strange spidery bugs. 'Charlie' was different. I never understood why. Does anyone know?
                __

__

Comment

Charlie was made by his 'mother'. He was constructed to resemble humans so that they could interact....I think. He had some modifications done so that he could both hear and see the Reetou as well.
                  "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I understand that he was somehow made, but I guess the interaction didn't really work that well. I think it was clever that they could go invisible!
                    __

__

Comment

I think it would have been great if we could have formed an alliance with the Re'tu.

Or maybe now that the gould are pretty much decimated we still could. Who knows, might be something to look forward to in season 8.
                      "Maktal shree! Loc'tak. Mek'ta satak Oz! Moktal Oz. Moktal Oz, Kree!" - Daniel Jackson

"So, you want to be my Oma?" - Jack O'Neill

Comment

The Retu are living in the same plot hole populated by Nyan, 'Charlie', Ferretti, Ballard and those giant aliens.
                        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                          The Retu are living in the same plot hole populated by Nyan, 'Charlie', Ferretti, Ballard and those giant aliens.
                          How are those plot holes... you know what a plot hole is. Something in the story that doesn't make sense (Like the entire plot of The Core for example ). They're just options the writers chose not to use....

Comment

Sorry.. I just meant to say hole, but I have just gotten to used to using the phrase plot hole.
                            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Yeah, I've often wandered what happened to them - but as they're 180(o) outta phase with our spectrum they could be fighting against the Goa'uld and we wouldn't even see them. An alliance would be cool.

Or maybe, just maybe, they've made friends with the Furlings

Comment

Working...
                              X