X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Men (AMC)

Season 5 is underway.

Who else is watching?

So far this season has been good as usual. LOL to fat Betty.

They are really hitting homeruns everywhere this season.
    I think it's been possibly the best season of the show yet.

Comment

Apparently no one else watches this show?

Season finale last Sunday. So good.

Easily the best season of the series.
      So so good.

Comment

I tried it first but it was too slow paced for my taste but i have still three seasons at home so im gonna give it another shot because I really like Jon Hamm and .... Christina Hendriks of course she was great in one of the firefly episodes !
        sigpic

Comment

Well it is slow. It's not an action show. It's a show about life. There are no murders to be solved, there are no monsters to overcome, there are no spaceships to fly. Its the story of these people that drives it. I'll admit season two was a little stifling, but 3 was good, 4 was excellent, and 5 was the best of the best.

Comment

it's on my to watch list
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Season 5 felt a little bit aimless compared to previous seasons, but I still found it enjoyable. I know some people don't like her, but I think Megan is a solid addition to the cast. I just hope for season 6 they balance character use a little bit more; this season was so heavy on Don/Megan/Pete that it felt like other characters' stories suffered for it (Kenny, Harry, and Roger in particular). I'm also quite looking forward to what they do with Peggy next year.

Massive season 5 spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              Oh Lane I was bummed for the whole next day after that episode....
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i love megan

Comment

Peggy's not going anywhere! Whew!
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just wanna say I love Mad Men. It's one of the few non-sci-fi shows I like.

I have to wait for the DVDs since I don't have AMC. LOVE Jon Hamm!

IHS
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Good. Show wouldn't be near as great as it is without her.

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                      Just wanna say I love Mad Men. It's one of the few non-sci-fi shows I like.

IHS
                      Same here.

Was actually shocked at how great it is. About two or three months ago I decided to watch it since Netflix has the first 4 seasons on streaming. I used to think how good could that show possibly be? It was set in the 60s and about ads salesmen. Nothing I cared to watch. Was I ever wrong.

Now I need to catch up on S5. Watch like one or two eps and the season finale. But this was while I still hadn't/was working on watching the other seasons so was rather lost as to what was going on.

I just finished L.A. Noire for the 360 and the guy that plays Ken Cosgrove on Mad Men voiced the main character. Course they used his likeness as well. The actors playing Pete and Harry also had bit parts in the game.
                      Last edited by LoneStar1836; 04 August 2012, 11:25 AM.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm almost finished with season one and I like it much more then the first time around. My favorite characters are Joan, this woman with the shopping center and her dad. Roger sterling of course, and I respect Don Draper... He is kind of awesome !
                        sigpic

Comment

Returns tonight!

EXCITE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X