Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Regina even love Henry? (Possible spoilers as episodes air)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Regina even love Henry? (Possible spoilers as episodes air)

Okay, so I read an interview from the actress that plays Regina. She said she felt Regina does care for him and that she is more off put by Emma wanting to come back in his life.

I'm not sure if the show has done a good job of showing that, they do more to show that Henry doesn't trust her and showing how he is growing closer to Emma. No where have I seen, Regina do something that seemed like a mother would do.

Yes, she built a park, but out in the woods where any creepy person can just walk in a grab a kid? Seriously, that's the worst idea for a playground to be surrounded by trees in the woods.

She named him after her father, that's true. But still, I don't think the show let's us see that.

I don't think Regina is even capable of love anymore after the events of her past.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I think she cares for him but I doubt she loves him. I agree with jelgate, she's not capable of love anymore after what had happened to Daniel. She blames Snow for that and she is so stubborn about her vengeance that she doesn't even think of a second chance she possibly could have had...
      sigpic

Comment

I doubt it & it is not a coincidence that Regina has Snow Whites Grand Son

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
          I doubt it & it is not a coincidence that Regina has Snow Whites Grand Son
          There hasn't been any impression she knows who he is or who Emma is. Of course with time starting back up once Emma decides to stay then that could have given her a clue that something was up. But instead of focusing on Emma she focuses on Snow White and getting her killed/imprisoned.

Comment

Mr Gold found Henry on purpose; this was revealed in one of the earlier episodes.

I'd like to know why Regina chose to adopt a child, was it just PR or does she actually want a child of her own?

Comment

I think Regina wants to love Henry, but I'm not sure she knows what love is anymore, or how to love someone.

I think she wanted a child of her own, she might have wanted a child because she thought a child would love her. I think Regina wants to be loved.
              Last edited by VampyreWraith; 05 April 2012, 08:01 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Completly agree with the others, she wants love and doesnt know how to do it anymore.

I would love to see a Episode about their Relationship before Emma came to Town.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                  Mr Gold found Henry on purpose; this was revealed in one of the earlier episodes.

I'd like to know why Regina chose to adopt a child, was it just PR or does she actually want a child of her own?
                  I doubt it was PR, but we just don't know what the people (including Regina) were like before Emma showed up. We they aware, conscious? Was it like Groundhog Day and they just did the same things over and over. If so, then having a child for PR doesn't make sense if the people aren't going to notice.

She did this curse 1) to have power over people (esp. Snow and Rumpel) and 2) to ruin their happy ever-afters.

But there's got to be more. I mean we saw Snow on the run from the law in FTL. What happened that changed that? They didn't seem to worried about her in the last episode compared to Charming.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                  I would love to see a Episode about their Relationship before Emma came to Town.
                  Definitely, I want to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post

Possibly because no one could have a child naturally while time was standing still (like Ashley/Cinderella who had to have been pregnant since forever until Emma came and she could give birth) so the only option would be to adopt one from out of town.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      Possibly because no one could have a child naturally while time was standing still (like Ashley/Cinderella who had to have been pregnant since forever until Emma came and she could give birth) so the only option would be to adopt one from out of town.
                      Yes, that's why, time had stood still. I believe she wants love, but is so consumed with her "dark side" she isn't capable of love the way she is. I believe there is some kind of redemption for her, but what that may be, I don't know.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think Regina loves Henry as much as she can love anyone.... which isn't saying much... But somewhere deep down, I think she does care for him.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm watching episode 2 on TV right now, and Malificent just said something that I think sheds a little light on this - that if Regina cast the Dark Curse, it would destory something inside her, she'd be left "with a void that nothing could fill".

I think that she really does have an empty place inside her, she loves no-one and no-one loves her, and she was trying to fill it by adopting Henry. But she's just as cursed as everyone else...

Comment

Or henry is just another magnificent pawn in the whole thing and Regina wants to 'own' him and have control over him until she needs him. But I also think complicating this all is those old maternal instincts. While she may not love Henry, I think she cares for him.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't even think she cares for him though. I mean he can skip school and she doesn't even care or find out. Talk about unresponsible. Who allows their kid to skip school whenever they want?

Comment

Working...
                              X