PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will be victorious at the end of the series?

chrono trigger
April 5th, 2012, 08:47 AM
What i mean is who do you think will be the king or queen of westeros at the end when the books/series is finished? the obvious person would be danaerys but i think it's a little too obvious for a show like this so im going with someone who isnt even considered a candidate at this point in time in season 2 and that person is littlefinger. weird choice i know but i think his characters journey has been about how he came from nothing and now he has made something of himself. i also think George R martin will want to suprise the audience at the end and i cant think of anyone more shocking than littlefinger being king of westeros.

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Hodor! :D

Ukko
April 5th, 2012, 09:57 AM
All hail High King Syrio.

magictrick
April 5th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I don't think there will be just one clear victor. From what we've seen so far that is not GRRM's style. There will undoubtedly be major consequences as well facing the victors and what they have to go through to get there. Granted, most of the main players have already gone through quite the ordeals already.

Daenerys is one of the obvious candidates, but there are others. (spoilers for the books)
The other young Targaryen, Aegon is now in play for the throne as well. Dorne still has ambitions, even though the prince is dead.
The Tyrells still seem to hold a lot of power so you never know.
Stannis has fallen a lot but isn't out of it yet.
Littlefinger is always there, but I don't know if he really has ambitions for the Throne. Right now he doesn't have any support past the Vale.

VampyreWraith
April 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Sansa

Starfist
April 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I have to say my vote goes to Daenerys.

Ukko
April 5th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Hodor! :D

Seriously!! You must be on some kind of moderation. I swear your post wasnt there when i posted before. I was first to post in here!!*Stamps foot*

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 6th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Seriously!! You must be on some kind of moderation. I swear your post wasnt there when i posted before. I was first to post in here!!*Stamps foot*

Hodor has the ability to bend time and space, with some possible assistance from moderation. :P

Skydiver
April 6th, 2012, 04:04 AM
tyrion :)

Or, oh what's the youngest stark kid? Not bran, his little brother. He's all but vanished, which makes it very likely that he'll pop up towards the end, relatively untouched by all the fights, with the bloodline to rule but just enough of a question to bring some drama

I see sansa joining the silent sisters or something after all she's gone through. That or retreating to Winterfell - what's left of it. Arya will still be in play but she's more likely too be a support character not a main focus.

There's also that one last bastard who I think is still alive as of dance of dragons that's a possibility. although it'd be funny as heck if he and arya hooked up and Sansa, who wanted to be queen, retreats to the quiet life and her 'mousy' sister becomes queen

chrono trigger
April 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM
tyrion :)

Or, oh what's the youngest stark kid? Not bran, his little brother. He's all but vanished, which makes it very likely that he'll pop up towards the end, relatively untouched by all the fights, with the bloodline to rule but just enough of a question to bring some drama

I see sansa joining the silent sisters or something after all she's gone through. That or retreating to Winterfell - what's left of it. Arya will still be in play but she's more likely too be a support character not a main focus.

There's also that one last bastard who I think is still alive as of dance of dragons that's a possibility. although it'd be funny as heck if he and arya hooked up and Sansa, who wanted to be queen, retreats to the quiet life and her 'mousy' sister becomes queen

i like your theory regarding arya,sansa and i think the bastards name is gendry?
i just hope whoever sits on the throne at the end is a big player and not someone who shows up at the last minute.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Who will be victorious?

Winter.

Ukko
April 6th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Who will be victorious?

Winter.

"Who" will be victorious, not what.

Arrrrrrgh.

Coremae
April 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM
"Who" will be victorious, not what.

Arrrrrrgh.

The White Walkers

Cold Fuzz
April 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Who will be victorious?

Winter.

I'm beginning to think the same thing, actually. After everything that's happened with Westeros across five books and that Azor Ahai prophecy, here's one of my two theories:

The Azor Ahai prophecy states that whoever is Azor Ahai reborn, if he fails in his tasks, the world will fall with him. The prophecy doesn't state that he will win. Maybe GRRM is telling a type of Ragnarok/Apocalypse story where literally every single character will succumb to the ravages of winter, Azor Ahai fails, and a new ice age will begin?

Morbo
April 11th, 2012, 07:11 PM
H b o

Selina
April 19th, 2012, 10:55 AM
With the others looming as a threat in the far north, I'm not sure we will actually see a victor at all. Could very well be that none of the current contenders will be left standing after that is resolved, but if I had to choose I would probably pick Daenerys.

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 19th, 2012, 03:41 PM
With the others looming as a threat in the far north, I'm not sure we will actually see a victor at all. Could very well be that none of the current contenders will be left standing after that is resolved, but if I had to choose I would probably pick Daenerys.

Well GRRM has said he likes bitterweet endings, so someone will probably "win" but it will cost them or someone else a terrible price. And I'm sure at least some of the villains will survive, perhaps even prosper and not get their comeuppance.

Ukko
April 19th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Well GRRM has said he likes bitterweet endings, so someone will probably "win" but it will cost them or someone else a terrible price. And I'm sure at least some of the villains will survive, perhaps even prosper and not get their comeuppance.

They'll win, but there'll be nothing left of Westeros but rubble and about 6 peasants.

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 20th, 2012, 06:49 AM
They'll win, but there'll be nothing left of Westeros but rubble and about 6 peasants.

That's not really bittersweet though is it? Just bitter. :P

No more likely someone will "win," at least a chunk of Westeros will survive, but there will probably be the implication that 'the game of thrones' will continue, and that characters like Littlefinger will always be around seeking power.

chrono trigger
April 20th, 2012, 08:26 PM

i hope that the ending wont be that bleak.

Cold Fuzz
April 20th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Another theory I've been mulling on: At the very end, we see R'hllor and the Great Other in some celestial room playing a chess game or something similar. The game finally ends and we see one or both of them say, "Fancy another game?"

Skydiver
April 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM
lol

that'd be funny

Selina
April 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
Indeed, that would be hilarious, but I think ASOIAF is too much low fantasy for GRRM to pull something like that ;-)

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 21st, 2012, 05:35 PM
Indeed, that would be hilarious, but I think ASOIAF is too much low fantasy for GRRM to pull something like that ;-)

I dunno, he did write about Jaime fighting Cthulhu.

I kid you not:P
http://grrm.livejournal.com/140797.html

Phinguyver
April 30th, 2012, 12:14 AM
I think it will either be Khaleesi, Tyrion, or Robb.

AresLover452
April 30th, 2012, 01:34 AM
I think Rob Stark and Tyrion Lannister will be around in the end.

Stannis will get his SOUL eaten by the red headed witch

Joffrey is gonna gett it in the end.... and I hope it is Painful

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 30th, 2012, 06:31 AM
[huge spoilers I'm really not kidding]

Robb lasts to the end Muwhwahahahahahahahahaahahahahah

Phinguyver
April 30th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I hope Joffery lives, but becomes a slave of someone who makes his life a living hell

g.o.d
May 1st, 2012, 08:10 AM
there are worse characters than Joffrey

Skydiver
May 2nd, 2012, 04:00 AM
My money is on Gendry and Arya

I will say, without spoiling, GRRM doesn't seem attached to any single character and if the story dictates that a character die, s/he will.

VampyreWraith
May 2nd, 2012, 06:06 AM
I'm sticking with Sansa as Queen with I guess (character that that's not introduced until bk 5) Young Griff/Aegon(especially if he's not a Targaryan, and as long as he doesn't end up being a half brother or something like that lol) as King or her consort. For some reason I want Sansa to be queen and get a happy ending(even if it's probably not likely to happen). :)

I love Arya(she's a favorite along with Jon Snow), but for some reason I can't picture them making to all the way to the end. I think it would be cool if she ended up as Queen though. I can see Rickon as Lord of Winterfell, or King in the North(Westeros doesn't have to be united at the end).

chrono trigger
May 2nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
I love Arya(she's a favorite along with Jon Snow), but for some reason I can't picture them making to all the way to the end.

I think Arya might die aswell:( i hope not as she is my fav character, so i have to hope GRRM wont kill a young girl but sadly i think what sky said about him is right.

I will say, without spoiling, GRRM doesn't seem attached to any single character and if the story dictates that a character die, s/he will.

Selina
May 2nd, 2012, 12:06 PM
While no one is save, I doubt we will see Arya dieing anytime soon. Too much time has been invested into her story line in recent books to casually kill her off. I wouldn't want to guess which chars will make it to the finale though ...

chrono trigger
May 2nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
While no one is save, I doubt we will see Arya dieing anytime soon. Too much time has been invested into her story line in recent books to casually kill her off. I wouldn't want to guess which chars will make it to the finale though ...

i hope your right:)

magictrick
May 2nd, 2012, 12:26 PM

My top choices to make it through to the end would be:

Sansa
Jaime
Sam
Rickon