• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stranger (120)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON ONE
    THE STRANGER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 120
    The blue fairy calls upon Geppetto and his son Pinocchio to help save the realm. In the hopes of convincing Emma to believe in fairy tales, Mr. Gold points her to August to find a way to beat Regina -- who is attempting to work her way into David's good graces.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 11 May 2012, 12:46 PM.

Poor August. He went through alot and appears to have failed for the moment, though I think he got through to Emma. She is starting to belief it, so she is trying to run away from all of it. I doubt though that the Town will let her leave. I know that she was outside Storybrook with August, but the last time she was leaving she was stopped by a Wolf where there are supposedly none. Just saying.

Regina of course should go to Hell. Charming will never fall for her, I hope. I loved how Mary Margaret told her that she felt truly sorry for her. There was so much emotion going on in that scene that it proofs that they chose the right actresses for the Job. I cant wait to see what the Season Finale has in store for us at this point.
    Last edited by tomstone; 29 April 2012, 09:15 PM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      Poor August. He went through alot and appears to have failed for the moment, though I think he got through to Emma. She is starting to belief it, so she is trying to run away from all of it. I doubt though that the Town will let her leave. I know that she was outside Storybrook with August, but the last time she was leaving she was stopped by a Wolf where there are supposedly none. Just saying.

Regina of course should go to Hell. Charming will never fall for her, I hope. I loved how Mary Margaret told her that she felt truly sorry for her. There was so much emotion going on in that scene that it proofs that they chose the right actresses for the Job. I cant wait to see what the Season Finale has in stores for us at this point.
      I'm with you on that, I don't think she can leave town now. She set things in motion, so she's part of the mechanism of it all now. If I'm wrong, then my second choice is Henry saying something that makes a difference.
      sigpic

Comment

I totally CALLED that August was.......

Spoiler:
        PINOCHIO

I just knew it!!!

This episode was awesome and momentarily I wanted to hit Emma upside the head for being so stubborn... but she has to come to terms with this on her own and August set her down the path where I think Henry will push her the rest of the way.
        sigpic

Comment

If there is not a big change by the finale. Then I will be more annoyed with Emma then I am with Henry. This is starting to get silly now. At this point. Even if Mr. Gold came clean & told Emme everything he knows about the curse & how & why he did it. She would still not believe it. Even if Mr. Gold showed her some proof. She would still not believe it
          Last edited by TheRandomOne; 30 April 2012, 06:07 AM.

Comment

I think tomstone is right, She is starting to belief it, so she is trying to run away from all of it.

I think that is why she has become rather hyper and mistrustful of just about everyone lately. It follows that someone from the "real world" would think all these people are insane or that she herself is going insane. In our real world what would you think of these people? I would think there's something wrong with them for sure. Regina and Mr.Gold are playing a really scary game in any world, magical or not.

So now she wants to run away with Henry to keep him and herself safe. Go back to what she knows. She's afraid because she is feeling it, she's on the verge of falling into it.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh my gosh! I didn't see that coming. Way to go leading us down one path in the previous episode only to solve it for us in the next!

Very interesting

EDIT:

I think she is in the process of believing, she was reading the book after meeting the Hatter, but she hasn't given in to it.

Now I have a question. Rumpel was around when Geppetto's parents died, then fast-forward and Geppetto is in his 40s to 50s.

Since Rumpel's kid, Bae, left before all that, then how old would Bae be now? 40 or 50 or so? Around Geppetto's age, right? Unless there's more than one world without magic.
              Last edited by Mrja84; 30 April 2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

The Hatter said there was more then one world without magic I believe. But come in this is TV. There is no way in hell that Bae is not in the real world. He will show up eventually for the drama for TV sake. In fact I can almost bet $10. That the person on the other side of the phone that August was talking to was Bae. How else would August know so much about Rumpel & know how to talk like Bae ? He is working with & in contact with the real Bae
                Last edited by TheRandomOne; 30 April 2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

It just occurred to me, that August really might be the Writer of the Book. There is a mistake going on at the moment and I dont know if it is on purpose.

In the first Episode we saw a Picture from a page in the Book that showed Baby Emma in her blanket on the side of the road, but thats not what really happened. August made that part up to hide the truth. So the only way that could be in the book is that he wrote it or that he has a connection to its writer.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    It just occurred to me, that August really might be the Writer of the Book. There is a mistake going on at the moment and I dont know if it is on purpose.

In the first Episode we saw a Picture from a page in the Book that showed Baby Emma in her blanket on the side of the road, but thats not what really happened. August made that part up to hide the truth. So the only way that could be in the book is that he wrote it or that he has a connection to its writer.
                    In the first Episode, I think that was an image of her in her crib. I don't think it showed the road at all. I just rewatched the first episode on Hulu and I didn't get that impression at all.

Comment

Well I loved the episode I never expected August to be Pinocchio not in a 1000 years, that was a nice twist. I wonder if the curse is lifted do they simply return whence they came for or does their world and ours somehow merge for all time? Let's keep in mind that Rumpel created the curse to get to his son but he never wanted to abandon his powers either.
                      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                        Well I loved the episode I never expected August to be Pinocchio not in a 1000 years, that was a nice twist. I wonder if the curse is lifted do they simply return whence they came for or does their world and ours somehow merge for all time? Let's keep in mind that Rumpel created the curse to get to his son but he never wanted to abandon his powers either.
                        Well, recall right now. Rumpel has no power. He just made a deal with Regina to have her do anything he asks with "please" and for him to have wealth in this cursed life.

The curse did move them from one world to another...so maybe breaking it will send them back (Emma and August too?) Or maybe they will just remember their lives, but could then leave Storybrooke once knowing who they are.

Comment

Can I just add that Tony performance was OUTSTANDING! Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                            Well, recall right now. Rumpel has no power. He just made a deal with Regina to have her do anything he asks with "please" and for him to have wealth in this cursed life.

The curse did move them from one world to another...so maybe breaking it will send them back (Emma and August too?) Or maybe they will just remember their lives, but could then leave Storybrooke once knowing who they are.
                            Part of the curse was that he would have no power but the series has shown us that although he gave the curse to Regina, he did not created it for her but to find and get his son back, i suspect that if the curse is lifted he will be anything but powerless.
                            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                              Part of the curse was that he would have no power but the series has shown us that although he gave the curse to Regina, he did not created it for her but to find and get his son back, i suspect that if the curse is lifted he will be anything but powerless.
                              The curse doesn't take away his powers, the fact that our world has no magic is the reason he is powerless in the magical sense.

It is unknown if the curse will take them back to FTL. Also given that Storybrooke is a small town, it is unknown how many people were taken and if anybody was left in FTL.

Comment

Working...
                              X