Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't the Ori flood the Milky Way with followers instead of converting Milky Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't the Ori flood the Milky Way with followers instead of converting Milky Way

Why didn't the Ori flood the Milky Way Galaxy with followers from the Ori galaxy to replace the people in the Milky Way instead of trying to convert the people of the Milky Way?

If there weren't enough followers in the Ori galaxy or if the Ori couldn't risk decreasing the population of followers in the Ori galaxy, they could just use their ascended powers to create or "will into existence" more followers for the purpose of replacing the "natives" of the Milky Way, who would either be killed or outnumbered by the new Ori followers, thus giving the Ori the power source needed to overcome the ascended Ancients of the Milky Way.

1: We have never seen the ascended or the Ori possess the power to "create biological life from nothing", re-constitute a pre-made pattern, such as jackson sure, but not an entirely new independant biological entity.

2:If the Ori derive thier power from thier worshippers, merely moving thier location would do nothing to increase thier power. Also there is a chance that any new worshippers in the MWG may fuel Adria alone as the only "Ori" in the MWG.

Helpful?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

they needed or wanted more followers, so they wanted milky-ways as well.
      sigpic

Comment

The Ori wanted more worshippers to gain more power. Simply relocating people to Milky Way would not accomplish this goal. Why do you think the Priors took a "worship or die" attitude?

Comment

If the Ori got their powers from worshipers then it's likely so did the Ancients, only without actively following a specific religion forced upon them. The Ori wanted to get rid of the Ancients so they needed more power and thus more worshipers. Relocating worshipers does not increase power. Getting new worshipers in the MW would increase their power and probably decrease the power of the Ancients, and killing them if they refused to follow Origin would also mean less 'worshipers' for the Ancients, so it's a win-win for the Ori.

You'd think that someone called Alteran Prior would know, or at least be able to deduce this...
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            1: We have never seen the ascended or the Ori possess the power to "create biological life from nothing", re-constitute a pre-made pattern, such as jackson sure, but not an entirely new independant biological entity.

2:If the Ori derive thier power from thier worshippers, merely moving thier location would do nothing to increase thier power. Also there is a chance that any new worshippers in the MWG may fuel Adria alone as the only "Ori" in the MWG.

Helpful?
            Plus who's to say if the Ori tried that, they would have had any more luck..?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
              The Ori wanted more worshippers to gain more power. Simply relocating people to Milky Way would not accomplish this goal. Why do you think the Priors took a "worship or die" attitude?
              Originally posted by fems View Post
              If the Ori got their powers from worshipers then it's likely so did the Ancients, only without actively following a specific religion forced upon them. The Ori wanted to get rid of the Ancients so they needed more power and thus more worshipers. Relocating worshipers does not increase power. Getting new worshipers in the MW would increase their power and probably decrease the power of the Ancients, and killing them if they refused to follow Origin would also mean less 'worshipers' for the Ancients, so it's a win-win for the Ori.

You'd think that someone called Alteran Prior would know, or at least be able to deduce this...
              Read my original post again. I asked, if the Ori could not afford to decrease their galaxy's population of followers by relocating some of them to the Milky Way, why couldn't the Ori create MORE followers for the purpose of displacing or replacing the natives of the Milky Way so that the Ori would have a power base in the Milky Way to enable them to overpower the Ancients in the Milky Way, while at the same time maintaining their original population of followers in their own galaxy.

Both of you seem to have overemphasized the introduction of my post (the part about relocating existing followers) and underemphasized or ignored the main issue of my post (the part about creating more followers for the purpose of displacing/replacing Milky Way natives without decreasing the Ori galaxy population of followers).
              Last edited by Alteran Prior; 09 April 2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

How would the Ori "create" worshippers in the Milky Way galaxy, exactly? How would this not bring down the wrath of the Milky Way ascended?

Comment

Assuming they can't make new life out of nothing (which makes no sense), then they could still duplicate Ori followers and get more power.

and if you think that doesn't work, why not have the population of each of their planets get into the billions?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    Assuming they can't make new life out of nothing (which makes no sense), then they could still duplicate Ori followers and get more power.
                    Except for the pesky "canon lore" that pretty much runs "a person is born with some kind of "unique quality" that makes them, well, unique.
                    Call it a soul, call it whatever, but this "law" has never been broken in all of stargate. Asended beings can replicate a physical form, true, but they have NEVER shown the ability to make a "soul", and it is from this "soul" that the Ori draw power, an individuals *desire* (coerced or otherwise) to worship them.

and if you think that doesn't work, why not have the population of each of their planets get into the billions?
                    Errr
                    Cause then you would face situations like Earth??
                    ONE planet of freely developed beings brought down thousands of years worth of systemic rule, what do you think would happen if there were ten, a thousand or a million planets like that?
                    sigpic

Comment

ONE planet of freely developed beings brought down thousands of years worth of systemic rule, what do you think would happen if there were ten, a thousand or a million planets like that?
                      they're frakking ascended. they can read minds, and wipe whoever opposes them from the face of the planet forever.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        they're frakking ascended. they can read minds, and wipe whoever opposes them from the face of the planet forever.
                        Thier FRAKKING ACSENDED, they don't interfere in the course of "lower lifeforms"
                        As for the Ori, there is NO cannon evidence saying they DON'T interfere with it, yet all evidence points to them using some form of "population control" as they (thier planets) are all somewhat medieval in structure.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran Prior View Post
                          Read my original post again. I asked, if the Ori could not afford to decrease their galaxy's population of followers by relocating some of them to the Milky Way, why couldn't the Ori create MORE followers for the purpose of displacing or replacing the natives of the Milky Way so that the Ori would have a power base in the Milky Way to enable them to overpower the Ancients in the Milky Way, while at the same time maintaining their original population of followers in their own galaxy.

Both of you seem to have overemphasized the introduction of my post (the part about relocating existing followers) and underemphasized or ignored the main issue of my post (the part about creating more followers for the purpose of displacing/replacing Milky Way natives without decreasing the Ori galaxy population of followers).
                          Actually, I just chose to only answer your first question.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

i think this is only evidence that the Ori frakked up ascension

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                              How would the Ori "create" worshippers in the Milky Way galaxy, exactly? How would this not bring down the wrath of the Milky Way ascended?
                              The issue is whether the Ori could create more followers in the Ori galaxy and then send them to the Milky Way.

Comment

Working...
                              X