Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professor Charles Xavier (in the movies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professor Charles Xavier (in the movies)

I don't read comic books, but I really dig the X-Men movies. My second favorite character is Professor Charles Xavior. His death scene in The Last Stand was fantastic and foreshadowed the film's ending. However, after the credits... there's a brief scene that implies his resurrection. I presumed this would lead into the fourth movie. Instead, we got the prequel Wolverine. Though a brief cameo, it was awesome to see Patrick Stewart reprise the role of Charles Xavior. In First Class, we get the origin of how Xavior came to create the X-Men team and have his falling out with Magneto. The flashback in The Last Stand and the cameo in Wolverine had me believing that the fallout was recent, some ten to twenty years prior to the trilogy. First Class recasted Xavior from Patrick Stewart to James McAvoy. A very different actor, but brilliant casting regardless. British to Scottish, but worth it given McAvoy's talent. The prequel has the fallout and his paralysis happen in 1962. A bit of a retcon, but it made for a fantastic film. I still want to see what happened to Xavior after he woke up in the secret ending after the credits of X3. Are they ever going to make X4? Will Patrick Stewart resume the role, or will he be recasted? I have hopes that Patrick Stewart would continue the role. It would be more authentic, no? Imagine everyone's reaction when he returns from the dead. It'd have more impact if it's Stewart and not some new guy claiming to be Xavior.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...ion-Discussion

And...Xavier.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Read. I'm interested in discussing Xavior as a whole, not speculating X-Men 4. Do you have any further contributions than a web link?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post

A very different actor, but brilliant casting regardless. British to Scottish, but worth it given McAvoy's talent.
        Hate to be pedantic, but Scottish is British, because Britain comprises of England, Scotland and Wales. James McAvoy may be Scottish, but he used a very English accent in First Class, so it didn't have any impact on the film in any way at all.
        Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

I've seen him in the movies and I found him to be intreguing; the actor behind him perfectly captured the cunningness yet sentimentailness (for lack of a better term) that I expected from Mr. X; In my opinion X2 contains the best usage of Mr. X, mainly because it had a plot device which it used in conjunction with Mr. X to make him appealing. Have not seen the movie in a while but from what I do remember, it does work well in that regard.
          Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
          X