No announcement yet.

The Philological Origin of the name Euronda and Eurondan in "The Other Side"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Philological Origin of the name Euronda and Eurondan in "The Other Side"

Recently, I thought about the name EUrondan for said culture which practiced superstrict EUgenics and wished to annihilate their "Breeder" enemies for reproducing naturally. Does anyone else think that the these two words may be linked?
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Possibly...

Oh, and +1000 for actually knowing and using the word "philological"!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      Possibly...

Oh, and +1000 for actually knowing and using the word "philological"!
      Thanks, SF! Very generous of ya to give the whole 1000 lols. Yeah; I only recently discovered the term for the field of studies which is somewhat similar to linguistics.

BTW, several months ago when I had the attention span I read ur story involving a still-alive Frank Cromwell. Cromwell intended fully to sacrifice his life to save Earth so I like to see him not dead. He can later also reconcile with his old friend Jack. And a more sympathetic group of Tok'ra is great too.
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
        Thanks, SF! Very generous of ya to give the whole 1000 lols. Yeah; I only recently discovered the term for the field of studies which is somewhat similar to linguistics.
        Yes, the historical and comparative side. I'd have studied this in college if I'd had the chance. In fact, I would have loved to pursue a Ph.D in this.

BTW, several months ago when I had the attention span I read ur story involving a still-alive Frank Cromwell. Cromwell intended fully to sacrifice his life to save Earth so I like to see him not dead. He can later also reconcile with his old friend Jack. And a more sympathetic group of Tok'ra is great too.
        Glad you like it. I hope you keep reading, because the story is still going on, and you've pretty much pegged where it's going... although there are going to be some surprises along the way!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
          Yes, the historical and comparative side. I'd have studied this in college if I'd had the chance. In fact, I would have loved to pursue a Ph.D in this.

Glad you like it. I hope you keep reading, because the story is still going on, and you've pretty much pegged where it's going... although there are going to be some surprises along the way!

It is fascinating indeed.

Cool to know! :-)

Comment

Working...
          X