This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought

I've been thinking about how to defeat the wraith. These suckers can take a lot of bullets, and even an explosion. (If you've seen the defiant one, you'll agree.)

Mild spoiler for Poisoning the well: (i'm not familiar with the spoiler system, and don't know if this constitutes a spoiler, but I want to be on the safe side.)
    Spoiler:
    But what I don't get is why they don't just use the stuff that Beckett developed in poisoning the well, and put it into a tranquilizer dart in place of the tranquilizer liquid, and use super wraith-killing tranquilizer guns to kill them?

Maybe they didn't bring tranquilizer guns with them from earth.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

maybe it needs the body. like it attaches it self to a protien or something

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
        maybe it needs the body. like it attaches it self to a protien or something
        either way itd be too inhumane for them to willingly use
        Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
        Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
        Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
        Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmeister
          I've been thinking about how to defeat the wraith. These suckers can take a lot of bullets, and even an explosion. (If you've seen the defiant one, you'll agree.)

Mild spoiler for Poisoning the well: (i'm not familiar with the spoiler system, and don't know if this constitutes a spoiler, but I want to be on the safe side.)
          Spoiler:
          But what I don't get is why they don't just use the stuff that Beckett developed in poisoning the well, and put it into a tranquilizer dart in place of the tranquilizer liquid, and use super wraith-killing tranquilizer guns to kill them?
          Possible spoilerage:
          Spoiler:
          We aren't entirely sure whether the Hoffans abandoned development of the Wraith-killing serum. All we do know is that a fair majority of the Hoffan population was injected with the serum, and ended up dying as a result. Since Beckett used his computer as part of the development process, maybe he stored some of the research data for himself. There's a possibility that the Atlantis team could pick up on the research, but that's doubtful. From where the team stands currently, the best weapon against the Wraith is the Hoffan Serum, despite the side-effects.

Comment

1. The Hoffans are presumed dead.
            SOURCE: SCI-FI Atlantis Website; Wraith Blog (Note: May not be canon)

2. The Wraith will be unaffected by 'transquilizer darts with poison' if they are not feeding and it is not transmitted by the host's body to the Wraith's hand.

This is what really happens.
            -Wraith starts feeding
            -Wraith's body sends a protein over to the host.
            -Wraith's protein comes in contact with the poison. Protein mutates.
            -Wraith gets back incorrect protein mutation and is unable to drain victim.
            -Protein kills Wraith. Wraith dies.

So, the poison is only usable through feeding.

Comment

Working...
            X