l
    e
    r

s
    p
    a
    c
    e

theries or roomers on who or what created the virus?
    and why didnt it kill the SGA members with the acient gene?

(sorry im a terrible speller)

It may be best to search the forum I think there is already a thread on this subject, IMO TPTB have done this so in the future if the need arises they can bring in another enemy.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

During the episode,
      Spoiler:
      McKay makes the deduction that the Ancients may have been the ones to create the nanovirus. The virus may have been created as a possible means to defeat the Wraith. (Not sure about that claim, but someone correct me if you will). Also, a claim was made that the Wraith were probably NOT the ones who created the virus (since killing humans defeats the purpose of feeding on us. If we're dead, there's no lifeforce available for the Wraith to feed off of. So that scratches the Wraith off the list of nanvirus creaters.

As for not killing those with the ancient gene?

If the ancients did indeed create the nanovirus, if it attacked those with the ancient gene, then they are putting themselves in a very bad predicament if the virus should get out of control. But then again, the plague that occurred could be related to the nanovirus in some way.

Comment

I think the transcript goes like this:
        Spoiler:

WEIR: You did come across it in an Ancient lab.

McKAY: What, so wiping out the Wraith’s food supply was a last-ditch consideration?

BECKETT: I don’t believe that for a moment. The Ancients would never create something like this.

McKAY: It doesn’t explain the visions either.

WEIR: OK, for the moment, who built the virus is really the least of our concerns.

McKAY: Good point.

*I don't think McKay thought it was the ancients because of this and later.

SHEPPARD: If not the Wraith, then who made ‘em?

McKAY: I honestly don’t know – but whoever they were, let’s just hope that they’re not still around.

WEIR: Let’s hope.

*That sounds like they had already ruled out the Ancients.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

OK, since there's a chance I may just say something that spoils it, I'll make my whole post a spoiler thingy:
          Spoiler:
          I have a feeling that it was an old ally of the ancients that created it. If it doens't kill people with the gene, then obviously, it has been programmed not to kill them. However, it does give them all the visions. Note that McKay had all the visions and side effects of the nanovirus, so it's not as ancient-friendly as one would assume.

If it were created by an ally of the ancients, it could be that they programmed it not to kill ancients. It doesn't sound like something that the ancients would produce, although that is a possibility, and i doubt it would be of wraith origin. I doubt that whoever did create it is now dead. (It would have been created over 10,000 years ago, and generations of wraith cullings would ensure that a society that did build it would be dead.) I think it will remain a mystery.

Comment

Do we really need to put everything in spoilers considering the title of the thread?

In any case, spoilers:

My immediate thought upon hearing that the Ancients might have created it was that a rogue scientist or group of scientists unofficially created it in order to 'ethnically cleanse' the population, so to speak. People with the ancient gene are clearly superior, and perhaps at some point there was friction between those who had the gene and those who didn't.

Comment

edit: moved post to proper thread
              Last edited by Azramm; 07 February 2005, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X