Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do juvenile Tok'ra symbiotes incubate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do juvenile Tok'ra symbiotes incubate?

If the Goa'uld use Jaffa to incubate their young symbiotes, how do the young Tok'ra symbiotes incubate?

Their hasn't been any for over two-thousand years. No one knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran Prior View Post
      If the Goa'uld use Jaffa to incubate their young symbiotes, how do the young Tok'ra symbiotes incubate?
      Check with the Pangarans (Season 6). Although, when they were through with all the young ones, there likely weren't any left to incubate.

Comment

I don't think that there are any juvenile Tok'ra.
        As the Tok'ra lost their breeding Queen.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Like others have mentioned, there were no juvenile Tok'ra anymore because they lost their queen. I don't know what they did 2000 years ago, though I'm under the impression that incubating larvae Goa'uld in Jaffa isn't necessary, it just makes it more likely that they'll be able to blend with humans. So it may be that a lot of Tok'ra 2000 years ago were unsuccessful at blending with humans
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Its possible that Egeria bred the Tok'ra and they were mixed in with the other symbiotes in Jaffa and the Goa'uld lost track of where they all were.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
              Like others have mentioned, there were no juvenile Tok'ra anymore because they lost their queen. I don't know what they did 2000 years ago, though I'm under the impression that incubating larvae Goa'uld in Jaffa isn't necessary, it just makes it more likely that they'll be able to blend with humans. So it may be that a lot of Tok'ra 2000 years ago were unsuccessful at blending with humans
              This. From "Cure"

TEAL'C
              (in lecture mode)
              Prior to the process of incubating Goa'uld symbiotes using Jaffa, the blending between Goa'uld and host had only a one in two chance of success. Jaffa were created for the very reason of improving the ability of the symbiotes to take human hosts.
              So, a Goa'uld or Tok'ra doesn't need incubation. It just makes a successful blending more likely.
              Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran Prior View Post
                Originally posted by escyos View Post
                Its possible that Egeria bred the Tok'ra and they were mixed in with the other symbiotes in Jaffa and the Goa'uld lost track of where they all were.
                This would be my theory.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                sigpic
                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Aren't they aquatic as little ones? I think we've seen them put the larvas in a tank? Couldn't that work if they don't have Jaffa?

I just watched some of season 1, and there's a Goa'uld queen (Hator) and she says the symbiotes doesn't have probelms blending when they get human dna. So maybe either that or be in a Jaffa works? Is that a possibility?

Sorry for all my questions, I haven't watched so much of sg-1 yet (most of 5, all? of 6-10, just started 1 as I only watched a few before), but I am working on it

Comment

Receiving human DNA just makes it more likely to succeed. That plus incubation in Jaffa makes the chances 100%. As was said before, they can take hosts without Jaffa first, but some die. I think all plausible possibilities have been suggested already.

Or maybe they use anti-rejection drugs...

Comment

They are a dying race, so they don't have any offspring. They might have had a few in the beginning, but once they lost their queen there was no way to make more... unless there is some way for a regular symbiote to become a queen through the use of hormones or DNA manipulation. They said right off the bat that they were short on hosts anyway, so I doubt that they would take measures to breed more of themselves in the first place.
                      sigpichttp://www.strawpoll.me/11228381

Comment

Originally posted by K5Rakitan View Post
                        They are a dying race, so they don't have any offspring. They might have had a few in the beginning, but once they lost their queen there was no way to make more... unless there is some way for a regular symbiote to become a queen through the use of hormones or DNA manipulation. They said right off the bat that they were short on hosts anyway, so I doubt that they would take measures to breed more of themselves in the first place.
                        But then they allied with earth so there is hundreds of possible hosts also you forgot cloning

Comment

Yeah they have more hosts but they don't use the sarcophagus so there is a finite number and they are all going get to the limit of their natural lifespan as symbiotes, so ultimately they will all die.

Comment

Working...
                          X