• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beside the Dying Fire (213)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON TWO
    BESIDE THE DYING FIRE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213
    Rick and Carl seek shelter as the farm is besieged by a huge herd of walkers, and the group is fractured. Andrea fights to survive alone in the woods, and a revelation causes the group to question Rick's leadership.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 22 March 2012, 02:27 PM.

Terrific finale on all fronts! Herchel with a shotgun defending his home at any cost was heartbreaking when Rick told him that it wasn't his home anymore. One of the best finales I have seen in a long time! The action in the episode should keep the complainers at bay, probably not, but still.

10/10

6 votes for Awful, seriously?! HOW COULD YOU SAY THIS FINALE WAS AWFUL?!? The poll on SpoilerTV.

Comment

IMDB is even worse its gotten a 5.8 vote, atleast ign gave it a 9
      Spoiler:
      I called it a couple of episodes ago Lori asks Rick to kill Shane, and when he finally did she treats him like a monster lol she is a *****

Spoiler:
      Another thing i called was who was gonna survive to the next season, the only person i was wrong about was Maggie's sister, i thought only Maggie and Herchel would survive (from the farm)

Spoiler:

Even tho i called it that Herchel would survive, i was still relieved when rick came to his rescue, my reasons for thinking that herchel would survive were mainly because of dales death, i think he will became the morale compass of the group
      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 19 March 2012, 05:37 AM.
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

I don't understand how the other characters are hating on Rick in this episode. Especially Lori, wow she is just awful here. Lost so much respect. The guy gets them out alive under pressure and all they do is complain. The speech he gave at the end was awesome too. Welcome to the Rickstatorship, I hope its awesome.

My favourite part was the new mystery character that saves Andrea's life. And two walkers on chains? That's just crazy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          My favourite part was the new mystery character that saves Andrea's life. And two walkers on chains? That's just crazy.
          Let me introduce you two, magic, Michonne, Michonne, magic.

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          IMDB is even worse its gotten a 5.8 vote, atleast ign gave it a 9
          Spoiler:
          I called it a couple of episodes ago Lori asks Rick to kill Shane, and when he finally did she treats him like a monster lol she is a *****

Spoiler:
          Another thing i called was who was gonna survive to the next season, the only person i was wrong about was Maggie's sister, i thought only Maggie and Herchel would survive (from the farm)

Spoiler:

Even tho i called it that Herchel would survive, i was still relieved when rick came to his rescue, my reasons for thinking that herchel would survive were mainly because of dales death, i think he will became the morale compass of the group
          14 votes for 10, 1 for 9,8 and 7 and 1 troll voted as 1 star episode. Simply awesome episode. Lori is one char that i don't like. She can die next episode i don't care, in fact i would like.
          Last edited by Steelbox; 19 March 2012, 06:32 AM.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Oh fantastic! The defense and fall of the farm were amazing, everyone scattering to the wind--a bit brief, but also awesome. Finally introducing Michonne, awesome. Rick going all self-righteous jerk just like he did for a while in the comics, awesome. The final reveal of the prison, awesome!

Only complaint: Lori. Really? After practically begging Rick to kill Shane an episode or two ago, now you're going to get all mad when he does it in self-defense?! Please hurry up and die, you stupid twit!
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Oh fantastic! The defense and fall of the farm were amazing, everyone scattering to the wind--a bit brief, but also awesome. Finally introducing Michonne, awesome. Rick going all self-righteous jerk just like he did for a while in the comics, awesome. The final reveal of the prison, awesome!

Only complaint: Lori. Really? After practically begging Rick to kill Shane an episode or two ago, now you're going to get all mad when he does it in self-defense?! Please hurry up and die, you stupid twit!
              My theory is that she was more horrified by the fact that Carl put down Walker Shane...
              sigpic

Comment

I agree awesome ep I also loved the new mystery character who saved Andrea... and that Katana... now that person had right idea *giggles* I would imagine they are keeping the walkers with them to throw off his/her scent from the other walkers and notice they had their arms cut off and it looked like their mouths chained? WOnder what he feeds his pets?

I suspect that Lori was more horrified at Rick because Carl was there and like Gen. Chris said had to put Shane down. I guess she's thinking OMG now my husband is teaching my son to be a killer? But oh well ....harsh times call for harsh measures I'm a bit concerned about the Ricktatorship (good one Magictrick ) because while I think it's necessary to have someone strong in charge...and with a group like that you can't committee everything to death cuz there is simply no time to do that...still I think there needs to be some process because I think the group needs to feel they have some input. That would be no way to live and I would suspect they will get tired of that real quick.

Yeah couldn't tell if that was a prison or a fort of some sort but it looks like most of you all say it's a prison. AWESOME...that's gonna come in handy
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                  I agree awesome ep I also loved the new mystery character who saved Andrea... and that Katana... now that person had right idea *giggles* I would imagine they are keeping the walkers with them to throw off his/her scent from the other walkers and notice they had their arms cut off and it looked like their mouths chained? WOnder what he feeds his pets?
                  She. Her name is Michonne

And she doesn't feed her pets....it's in the comics but I notice they did the same in last night's episode--her walkers have no arms and no lower jaw. Nothing to scratch or bite with
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    She. Her name is Michonne

And she doesn't feed her pets....it's in the comics but I notice they did the same in last night's episode--her walkers have no arms and no lower jaw. Nothing to scratch or bite with
                    Couldn't they theoretically drag their upper jaw on someone?
                    sigpic

Comment

I loved the episode, loved Andrea, and thought the new characer that saved her looked cool. Loved Rick's little speech towards the end too.

I need to vent about my issues with Lori for a bit here lol.

I lol'd at the beginning when Lori was looking for Carl(I couldn't help it). She just noticed Carl was missing again? The least she could do is keep a better eye on her kid, but I guess she had to look incompetent in order for Carl to to have been able to shoot zombieShane last episode. If Lori was upset, about Carl shooting Shane, she really can't blame Rick for that, she was the one who was supposed to be watching him(but I guess it would be typical of her to pass off the blame).

Her character is always all over the place (IMO), and thats why I don't like her. I can never tell if she's being sincere or if she's trying to be manipulative(or just being manipulative but not really realizing it herself). A few episodes back, when she was telling Rick that she was afraid of Shane, I couldn't tell if she was really afraid of him, or just afraid of her feelings for him, and the guilt she had over thoose feelings. Is her character really supposed to be like that(where it's hard to tell if she is sincere) or is it just me not seeing her the right way? Right now she's the only character I don't like.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                        I loved the episode, loved Andrea, and thought the new characer that saved her looked cool. Loved Rick's little speech towards the end too.

I need to vent about my issues with Lori for a bit here lol.

I lol'd at the beginning when Lori was looking for Carl(I couldn't help it). She just noticed Carl was missing again? The least she could do is keep a better eye on her kid, but I guess she had to look incompetent in order for Carl to to have been able to shoot zombieShane last episode. If Lori was upset, about Carl shooting Shane, she really can't blame Rick for that, she was the one who was supposed to be watching him(but I guess it would be typical of her to pass off the blame).

Yeah. Its like what the 3rd time he just wandred off this 2nd part of the season..
                        Its like hello! Zombie Apooc here. Keep your kid on a leash for CrizzSake!!
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                          Yeah. Its like what the 3rd time he just wandred off this 2nd part of the season..
                          Its like hello! Zombie Apooc here. Keep your kid on a leash for CrizzSake!!
                          Yeah, no one ever seems to notice that Carl keeps wandering off. It looks like he's allowed to wander about for long periods of time with no one seeming to notice or care. This last time he was in the house with Lori, and she managed to loose track of him. There can't possibly be that much laundry and cooking that she needs to do herself that she can't find the time to look in on what Carl is doing. One would think that looking after her child would be the priority during a zombie apocolypse(not to mention that one of the reasons they were all in house, was that there supposedly was a dangerous person on the loose, who might lead his even more dangerous friends to the farm if he was able to get to them).
                          sigpic

Comment

You would have thought that she would have learnt from sofia.... keep an eye on your kid for frak sake...... or he could end up exactly like her or worse inadvertently cause someone's else death (i'm looking at you dale)

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                            Let me introduce you two, magic, Michonne, Michonne, magic.

14 votes for 10, 1 for 9,8 and 7 and 1 troll voted as 1 star episode. Simply awesome episode. Lori is one char that i don't like. She can die next episode i don't care, in fact i would like.
                            I'm one of the ones that rated it a 10, it's better now it was like a 5.8 or something i'm like what?.... but it's rated a 9 now which is good

As for Lori i'm hoping she doesnt make it past season 3 aswell, but i think thats too much to ask for
                            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 20 March 2012, 04:49 PM.
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

^ I rated it a 9
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X