Time travel discussion thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time travel discussion thread.

Discuss the general idea/probability of time travel here.
    Back from the grave.

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    I get it....this is an exam question
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'd love to discus, but I just don't have the time! Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzle foot View Post
        I'd love to discus, but I just don't have the time! Sorry!
        I wanna see Dazzle foot "discus."
        sigpic

Comment

Agh!! The predictive text on my iPad makes me look like a 4 year old school child!!

Comment

I can tell you one thing the next time skynet sends me back in time to find that little whiny punk john connor I'm not going to look for leather pants off a sketchy dude in the bar. Maybe it was nanocyte crabs.

Comment

i love a good time travel story. i wish i could travel to the future, like past my life time.
              sigpic

Comment

We just don't have the time to be talking about this! I could be coming out with time jokes forever! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                  Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I get it....this is an exam question
                  IT IS?!
                  *travels forward in time/gets anwers to test/travels back/aces the exam*

YES!
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Primer is an example of an excellent, smart time travel story which is all the more extraordinary because the entire movie was created on a budget of just $7000.

The first 20 minutes or so of the movie is nigh-on incomprehensible unless you're extraordinarily gifted in physics or engineering (or both), but that's done deliberately to evoke a certain feel. Endure, and you're rewarded with a fascinating story about time travel and the impact it has on the two main characters' lives.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Time Travel...!
                      Temporal Theory gives me a headache.
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Um, if we invent time travel in the future, wouldn't we already know about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post
                          Um, if we invent time travel in the future, wouldn't we already know about it?
                          You'd think so, wouldn't you. Like if I invented a time machine, I'd be wizzing backwards and forwards letting everyone know about it!

Comment

Perhaps not. There's a theory which suggests that a time machine can only travel back as far as its own invention. So you'd never see people from the future until a time machine was actually invented.

Comment

Yeah, but it's only a theory, and as far as we know hasn't been proven or dis-proven yet.
                              As soon as I build my time machine, I'll come back and let you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X