Stargate Without Enemies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Without Enemies?

By the end of the series and movies there are no more bad guys.
    No more goa'uld system lords, no more replicators, no more Ori……Oma Desala and Morgan Le Fey have taken care of Anubis and Adrian. So what's left for a new story?
    Even the Wraith are not a big deal!

I'm sure new bad guys would come creeping out of the woodwork to cause chaos and mayhem.

Plus, there was still the Lucian Alliance to deal with.

Comment

After 10 years with parasites, diseases, religions, gods, ascension, parallel universes, time travel, replicators etc., what else could come out of the woodwork? I suppose that a series that concentrates on nice relationships between Earth and all those new friends wouldn't last long. They'd have to bring back those unknown evil aliens from "Foothold" and the Reetu......

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I'm sure new bad guys would come creeping out of the woodwork to cause chaos and mayhem.

Plus, there was still the Lucian Alliance to deal with.

Comment

Those aliens from Daedalus variations.
        sigpic

Comment

The Lucian Alliance were still out there making life difficult for the SGC by the end of Stargate. They kept blowing up SGC's supposedly secret hidden bases and had become quite a real threat to Earth!

Comment

The Nox...

I still suspect they are scheming for galaxy wide domination...I JUST KNOW IT!
            sigpic

Comment

Both the Pegasus and milky way galaxy's are big places. Even with, say, 10 teams exploring 5 different planets a week, over 10 years we would have only explored such a small fraction. Space is full of danger, and I'm sure there are/were plenty more threats.

Comment

All good stories come to an end. However, there are still enemies out there. In the Milky Way galaxy, there's the Lucian Alliance, and there are still Goa'uld out there even if they aren't System Lords. What about the Goa'uld hiding out on Earth, the Trust? What happened with that? Also, there's the Wraith in Pegasus. There are a few surviving rogue Pegasus Asgard. A few Asuran rebels survived the destruction of Asuras on a single ship. They're adrift in space thanks to a spacegate. What if they're recovered? Could there be other Asuran survivors?

Though the Goa'uld, Replicators, and Ori have been defeated; there are still plenty of foes left to contend with.

Comment

I have to agree with Snowman; Stargate would have barely any purpose without enemies but they could manage without them if done right. I feel like the Lucian Alliance aren't fit to be Stargate enemies and their introduction as those enemies feels like they've been thrust into the position of enemy without any buildup or anything. Not only that but they were introduced as a rogue trading group without any real positions towards conflicts, to make them have a hatrid towards earth feels a bit forced, at least without understanding their positions first.
                  Back from the grave.

Comment

Baal is still out there with Kull Warriors and they could always think of something
                    sigpic
                    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                      Baal is still out there with Kull Warriors and they could always think of something
                      Where do you come up with Ba'al still being out there?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                        Where do you come up with Ba'al still being out there?
                        Yeah! Ba'al is dead in Continuum.
                        Back from the grave.

Comment

Having already watched Continuum and Ark of Truth, it looks like potential enemies from the past still exist, including human ones on Earth.
                          How did Mitchell forget all about a whole race of Wraith?!
                          After all, who created the new replicator that almost destroyed the ship?
                          Where is Adria? What happened to all the priors and the Doci with all their knowledge?!
                          There must still be goa'uld potential enemies around.
                          The Trust or associated groups playing around at Area 51 still have the potential for harm.
                          The only problem is how often can they keep RECYCLING the same themes and enemies until the public gets bored to death?!
                          If I see one more goa'uld or replicator or prior I think I'll puke. ;-)
                          Maybe that's why Cooper hasn't put together a new film.

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                          By the end of the series and movies there are no more bad guys.
                          No more goa'uld system lords, no more replicators, no more Ori……Oma Desala and Morgan Le Fey have taken care of Anubis and Adrian. So what's left for a new story?
                          Even the Wraith are not a big deal!
                          Last edited by Dave2; 27 February 2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Where there is good, there is evil. There is no escaping a new major threat.

Comment

You could add Free Jaffa to that list as well. Never know when a higher up Jaffa who has a general dislike for the Tauri may come to power.
                              Hi There!

Comment

Working...
                              X