PDA

View Full Version : Gatecon 2005

Pages : [1] 2 3

David
September 15th, 2004, 05:23 PM
It's probably too early to start this thread, but I'm going to anyway. I'm really eager to find who is planning on attending!

Is GC2005 confirmed yet?

ShadowMaat
September 15th, 2004, 05:29 PM
No confirmation yet that I'm aware of, but I'll be there if/when it happens.

Curse you for starting this thread, David. I thought you'd gotten a scoop on it actually happening! :P

David
September 15th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Well that sure gave me an idea! I'm going to call my buddy Allan, who should be out of bed by now, and ask him what their plans are. Though if nothing's concrete, he'll give me a head's up but probably won't let me tell everyone :(

I get that a lot.
It sucks.

DownFallAngel
September 15th, 2004, 05:34 PM
What if its the last GC?

David
September 15th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Well I can tell you that I'll throw a tantrum and enter denial for a few months, but I'll eventually get over it. Gatecon and GateWorld were just kicking off our partnership, but that aside, they deliver a kick-butt con!

ShadowMaat
September 15th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Well that sure gave me an idea! I'm going to call my buddy Allan, who should be out of bed by now, and ask him what their plans are. Though if nothing's concrete, he'll give me a head's up but probably won't let me tell everyone :(
Aww, poor baby. I feel sooo sorry for you. No, really. I do. :P

Remind me to smack you next time we meet. ;)

I am gonna get to Victoria in '05 if it kills me. Five visits to Vancouver and I still haven't managed to get there. *sigh*

And Steveston. Definitely gotta see Steveston...

DJFavorite
September 15th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Well, I'm already saving my pennies to go. I'm just glad I don't have to save a ton of pennies.

(I already have $21.65CN from the last trip across the border for spending money :D .)

DownFallAngel
September 15th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I just remebered....their is that little spin off show called SGA. Think it can take the reins and run the convention on its own.

DJFavorite
September 15th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Aww, poor baby. I feel sooo sorry for you. No, really. I do. :P

Remind me to smack you next time we meet. ;)

I am gonna get to Victoria in '05 if it kills me. Five visits to Vancouver and I still haven't managed to get there. *sigh*

And Steveston. Definitely gotta see Steveston...
I love Victoria. That's where we went on the last trip. Actually, that's where we went on our only trips to Canada. Just plan on doing lot of walking.

David
September 15th, 2004, 05:46 PM
I just remebered....their is that little spin off show called SGA. Think it can take the reins and run the convention on its own.

Oh, that's what you meant! lol, yeah the convention would go on. Most of the cast and crew live in that area anyway. Mostly.

Yes yes, SAVE SAVE SAVE. I started in January of 04 for GC 2004 and it really helped. This time I left my GC bank account open to keep transferring stuff into it. If you start now and put in, say, 50 bucks a month, you'll be off to a great start.

DownFallAngel
September 15th, 2004, 05:49 PM
You think AT, MS, and CJ would stop by alot?

ShadowMaat
September 15th, 2004, 05:52 PM
I still have $80C left over from that pics disaster. Never got a chance to exchange it back to US and the banks here won't do it. *grumble*

Maybe when I go to London in Nov...

David
September 15th, 2004, 05:58 PM
From Allan Gowen:

"Regardless of what happens, we WILL do a gatecon 2005. BUT we are still
waiting to hear back from MGM concerning some licensing aspects."

ShadowMaat
September 15th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Yay! Good to hear. They should talk to David Hewlett. I bet he would LOVE to do Gatecon. :D I already have questions for him...

I'd say "You're the best, David!" but I wouldn't want it to go to your head. :P

David
September 15th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Additional details...

"It will still
have guests from Stargate, but we will be billing it as a general Sci-Fi
convention and inviting guests from other Sci-Fi series. And even the
guests we have from Stargate have been in other series, so we will push that
fact rather than the Stargate side."

Skydiver
September 15th, 2004, 06:07 PM
don't suppose he's willing to give you a hint as to dates????

for some of us, the earlier we ask for vacation, the better our chances of getting it

ShadowMaat
September 15th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Hmm... general scifi? Then add Andrew Miller and Vincenzo Natali to the list. :D Assuming they aren't busy with Necropolis.

General scifi would have me at a loss, though. At least in regards to current TV. Not much on genre-wise that I watch.

Bear Burge and Dragon Dronet. Two most excellent prop masters.

Hmmm...

Ramne
September 15th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Oooh, I am gonna have to plan to attend this one. Saving starts tomorrow!

Positively Kanyon
September 15th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Are there dates set for Gatecon 2005? Cause I'm actually planning a holiday for next year and I'll be popping through Canada for about 2 -3 weeks in either July or August next year, on my way to Greece for 2 months!

I have a funny feeling that Gatecon 2005 isn't being held anywhere near those months!

David
September 15th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Gatecon 2005 will be held in the latter weeks of July. I'm trying to get the exact dates from Allan. When he tells me, I'll be telling everyone else.

Skydiver
September 15th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Gatecon 2005 will be held in the latter months of July. I'm trying to get the exact dates from Allan. When he tells me, I'll be telling everyone else.

LOL

latter weeks maybe ;)

personally, i'm hoping for earlier than later. my co-worker goes on vacation every year the last week of july. it might be a hard sell for both of us to be gone at the same time

thanks david

David
September 15th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Yeah yeah, I fixed it. ttthhhpppttt.

David
September 15th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Hi David,

The dates will be 22-25 July I think. I'm pretty sure those are the date...
Maybe the week before or week after if I am wrong.

The hotel and everything is booked... We just need to wait for MGM.

Thanks
Allan

Positively Kanyon
September 15th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Sounds good, now I can start planning my holiday for next year!

David
September 15th, 2004, 07:23 PM
For those who don't know, GateWorld Forum members who attend Gatecon can come to the GateWorld Forum get-together! I think everyone really had a blast last year, so I'm definitely throwing it again.

Angel of Fire SG1
September 15th, 2004, 07:45 PM
YAy those dates are good
But bad

One week earlier would be better for all those Aussie school students who wanna come lol! Cos then it would be on our school holidays!!

I'll have to start begging

*has been saving for ages for this*

kiwigater
September 15th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Well, I don't REALLY need my immortal soul right? Shadow, you in the market for a slightly used, completely demented soul? :P ;)

Gonna do my darnest to be there, even if I have to SWIM from New Zealand (b'ah! I need the exercise :rolleyes: ).

Kliggins
September 15th, 2004, 09:38 PM
I am planning to go. Will start saving the quarters now. They will add up faster than pennies. :D

Gategirl
September 16th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Yaaaaa!!! My husband and I were wondering about Gatecon 05!!! As we were leaving the Chicago con, my husband said he wants to go to Victoria if they have another con!!! And I am the one who is addicted to Stargate!!! LOL So we have our huge glass water jug that we've been throwing our change in!! I tried to put a pic of the stargate on it, but my 1 yr old keeps ripping it off!!!

Can't wait!! Thanks for the info David!!!

CoffeeGirl
September 16th, 2004, 06:01 AM
I just got a heart attack when I saw the prices for a plane ticket from Germany to Vancouver... 1100 Dollars! Eeeek! I'd love to go to GateCon and see a bit of Canada too, but it's so expensive... :( Better start saving now.

GateCon or a Tolkien Festival in Switzerland, but I WILL get a vacation next year!

ShadowMaat
September 16th, 2004, 06:27 AM
For those who don't know, GateWorld Forum members who attend Gatecon can come to the GateWorld Forum get-together! I think everyone really had a blast last year, so I'm definitely throwing it again.
I'll be there to harass ya, David. No worries. ;) Although I do hope there's a better mix of fans. No offense meant and I did have a lot of fun, but as an anti-shipper, I also felt kinda isolated and ostracized.

DJFavorite
September 16th, 2004, 06:36 AM
I'll be there to harass ya, David. No worries. ;) Although I do hope there's a better mix of fans. No offense meant and I did have a lot of fun, but as an anti-shipper, I also felt kinda isolated and ostracized.
Shadow, you and I can stick together.

The only thing I think that could stop me is the hubby. He's not a SG fan, so to leave him for a long weekend with the kids could be interesting......

Skydiver
September 16th, 2004, 10:57 AM

as a shipper and jonas fan i felt the same way. If it wasn't for my close friends it would not have been as much fun.....if i had a penny for every dirty look from a few of the ardent anti-ship/daniel fans i'd have enough to buy my tickets for next year......(and no, i'm not addressing this generally, it was a specific few who reserved their glares and dirty looks just for me and my friends...eh, if that's how they got thier jollies <G>...after saturday it got to be quite predictible and humorous. I should have started taking pictures ;) )

but you know what, i just hung out with my friends and said screw the rest

in the end, it made things easier for next year. I know who to not even try to touch base with

CoffeeGirl
September 16th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Really? That bad? Can't imagine.

*pause*

REALLY? :S

Come on, this is supposed to be FUN. We may disagree on the forum, but that doesn't mean we can't be in same room and talk with each other! Or does it?

I'm best friends with an anti-shipper and slasher. What's the big deal? We have loads of fun together, discuss it light-heartedly and if it gets bad, we throw popcorn at each other. Where's the problem?

David
September 16th, 2004, 11:53 AM
One of my dearest Gatecon buddies is a Daniel fanatic and extreme slasher. Pretty much the dark side of the moon when compared with me. But we're still Gatecon buddies all the same. How very sad and rediculous to continue to fortify those walls while Stargate fans are united at a convention. IMHO, that' exactly what it's NOT about.

Random
September 16th, 2004, 12:31 PM
I have to go to this GC, my life (literally) depends on it. Is there any age limit for attending on your own? I'm 15 at the moment.

ShadowMaat
September 16th, 2004, 12:38 PM
It wasn't the whole con. I blended in pretty easily at the con itself. But the dinner... *shrug* Like I said, there was one person who made me uncomfortable so that probably colored my view of everyone else. I was kinda set away from them anyway.

Maybe next time I'll bring popcorn to throw. ;)

Random- no age limit for the con itself, but you might want to see what the rules are for under-age border crossings.

Skydiver
September 16th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Come on, this is supposed to be FUN. We may disagree on the forum, but that doesn't mean we can't be in same room and talk with each other! Or does it?

i don't have an issue with it, which is why i found their snubbing to be rather infantile and humorous. After a while my friends and i were keeping score....'so did x glare at you too??????'

there was a couple of years ago when i was chatting with a person. and we were having a decent little chat....then she read my lanyard, saw what picture was on it and all of a sudden her eyes grew wide and she started to back off....sort of 'oh my god, it's a jonas/ship fan....my god, i must get away before she hurts me'

it was sort of funny. never knew that i was that intimidating and scary. :)

There are some people that i avoid simply because if you say good morning to them, i'll get online the next week and learn that my 'good morning' has been interpreted as a vicious attack or that i called them some rude and horrible names. So i just don't talk to them at all. Which i'm sure i get taken to task for as well, but hey, what can you do???

Skydiver
September 16th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Like I said, there was one person who made me uncomfortable so that probably colored my view of everyone else. I was kinda set away from them anyway.

there was one person that snubbed me quite rudely, so i'll just make a note to just not have anything to do with her or her group in the future....which was all she needed to do in the first place. If she had an issue with me, she just needed to say something.

David
September 16th, 2004, 04:34 PM
I had a similar problem. Only mine wasn't with one of my fellow con-goers. It was one of the guests. I had watched this person for years on television and thought she was most beautiful, and when I met her she was awful - mean and overly self-indulgent.

If she's invited again, I'm staying clear.

But overall, it's a wonderful experience:D!

Jafana
September 16th, 2004, 04:59 PM
I had a similar problem. Only mine wasn't with one of my fellow con-goers. It was one of the guests. I had watched this person for years on television and thought she was most beautiful, and when I met her she was awful - mean and overly self-indulgent.

If she's invited again, I'm staying clear.
Thats just....wrong.
You would hope that someone in kind of position would realise that the fans are what keep her in a job.
But beyond that it would be incredibly disappointing. Particularly if you've been a fan for years.
Did it turn you off the character that she played?

David
September 16th, 2004, 06:53 PM
In a heartbeat. She's been in my Windows startup for two years. Not the desktop wallpaper, mind you, but the startup image where you punch in your code. Alas, the software that put her there EXPIRED (i.e. her face was stuck there for good), so I still had her up there until recently when I reformatted.

TameFarrar
September 16th, 2004, 07:10 PM
I am HOPING to be there :D and I definitely plan on bugging you : D:D you lucky girl !!!! you ;)

ShadowMaat
September 16th, 2004, 07:13 PM
I am HOPING to be there :D and I definitely plan on bugging you : D:D you lucky girl !!!! you ;)
David will protect me from your evil machinations! Assuming he isn't busy chatting up our guest. *rolls eyes* :P

TameFarrar
September 16th, 2004, 07:14 PM
David will protect me from your evil machinations! Assuming he isn't busy chatting up our guest. *rolls eyes* :P
HA...David will probably point me in your direction :D he is devious that way

one of the MANY reason I love him so much!!!!:)

ShadowMaat
September 16th, 2004, 07:26 PM
HA...David will probably point me in your direction :D he is devious that way
Yeah, but then he'd come to my rescue anyway because as devious as he is, he's still a good guy at heart. Which is why I... hmmm... well, that doesn't really explain why I like him, does it? Normally, that's a negative point... :P

TameFarrar
September 16th, 2004, 07:34 PM
kind of bites ya in the butt don't it.........ROFL :P

David
September 16th, 2004, 07:48 PM
That'll teach me to leave the computer for a night run.

ShadowMaat
September 16th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Aww, you love us and you know it, David. ;)

And I'm sure the con and the get-together will be LOTS of fun. One way or another. :D

TameFarrar
September 16th, 2004, 08:37 PM
just a repeat of what Shadow said...:D you love us and you know it :D :D

Plus think of how much fun it will be when we get you at GateCon :)

Kliggins
September 16th, 2004, 09:37 PM

David:

Is anyone allowed to harass you if we make it to Gatecon or just certain people? ;)

David
September 16th, 2004, 10:18 PM
If you're on my good side, and it's unusual that you wouldn't be, I think I put up with a great degree of harassment from just about everybody.

Though there are a few who are indeed spooked by me. I can't imagine why.

I'm a walking candy apple!

So yes, if you show at Gatecon, harass away.

Kliggins
September 16th, 2004, 11:41 PM
If you're on my good side, and it's unusual that you wouldn't be, I think I put up with a great degree of harassment from just about everybody.

Though there are a few who are indeed spooked by me. I can't imagine why.

So yes, if you show at Gatecon, harass away.

LOL. Must be those eyes. :D Thanks for the lovely invitation to harass away. I will do my best to be there.

ShadowMaat
September 17th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Does this mean if we throw stuff at you it'll stick? :D I'll have to remember that...

Thought of another current scifi actor I like: Gordon Michael Woolvett. :)

David
September 17th, 2004, 05:54 AM
If anyone has any suggestions for restaurants to suit a large number of folks, I'm all ears. Cronos was borderline. We were basically shoved into a storage closet, and I frequently found myself manipulating the accommodations just so we could all see and visit with one another.

Something tells me we'll have to go.. bigger.

DownFallAngel
September 17th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Why don't you guys set up a huge outdoor tent, get the whole thing catered, and have an outdoor thing going on.

keshou
September 17th, 2004, 06:22 AM
That's interesting that they're going to make it more of a general scifi convention. I assume they have to go that direction because of MGM's deal with Creation? Of course there are a number of scifi actors who have ties to Stargate now.

Adam Baldwin (Firefly and SG-1).
Claudia Black (Farscape and SG-1) I'd love to see her!
Robert Picardo (Voyager and SG-1)
John DeLancie (TNG and SG-1)
Jolene Blalock (Enterprise and SG-1)
Lexa Doig (Andromeda and well she sort of has ties to SG-1)
Steve Bacic of course (Andromeda and SG-1)
Gordon Michael Woolvett (Andromeda) - he'd be excellent, funny guy

David
September 17th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Gatecon is FAR more likely to invite folks in their area than to ship them over. Lexa is probably a given with Michael. I'm sure if they really do open the policy you can expect the return of Steve Macic. But I imagine DeLancie and Blalock are out of reach if they're wanting the main SG-1 three back again. I hope I'm wrong, though! It'd be thoroughly enjoyable to have them all.

Skydiver
September 17th, 2004, 06:34 AM
or if creation is going to continallly try to block gatecon, maybe they can focus on atlantis....and any stargate actors that happen to show up, hey, more the merrier ;)

they can come and talk about their guest starring role on Atlantis

ShadowMaat
September 17th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Why don't you guys set up a huge outdoor tent, get the whole thing catered, and have an outdoor thing going on.
If you'd care to donate the money for something that extravagant... and find a place to set up the tent, I'd be happy to go. ;)

I liked Boston Pizza, but I don't know how they'd handle a large party. I've only ever seen the front part and that would leave us in lots of booths, which probably isn't ideal. I think they have tables in the back, though...

BTW, in case I haven't mentioned it in the past five minutes: David Hewlett. :D He's done loads of scifi stuff, not just Stargate. ;)

keshou
September 17th, 2004, 06:42 AM
or if creation is going to continallly try to block gatecon, maybe they can focus on atlantis....and any stargate actors that happen to show up, hey, more the merrier ;)

they can come and talk about their guest starring role on Atlantis
Hasn't MGM granted Creation the exclusive con rights to Atlantis as well? I see the "Official" title slapped on Atlantis on their website. Seems like there might be the same conflict with them.

I'm all for inviting the Atlantis folks - David Hewlett and Joe Flannigan would be top of my list.

Not that I'm going to get to go - just thinking of you guys. :)

David
September 17th, 2004, 06:46 AM
It would be a tremendous shame if Gatecon wasn't allowed access to the Atlantis cast. I would have a few bones to pick into. In fact, I'm going to check with Allan about that one and get back to you guys.

Skydiver
September 17th, 2004, 09:26 AM
yes, it would be.

I prefer gatecon because i like to support the charity of Make a Wish.

David
September 19th, 2004, 08:12 AM
I just got an email from the Gatecon C4.

As of right now the possibility of having Stargate Atlantis cast and crew at Gatecon 2005 is still entirely up in the air. Frankly I was hoping the response would be "What are you talking about, David? Of COURSE they'll be coming." But if this steers in the wrong direction, Gatecon won't be allowed to have them. MGM could give exclusivity to Creation.

Pray.

ShadowMaat
September 19th, 2004, 09:25 AM
That's just sick and wrong. Friggen Cretin Cons. I hate them. Hate, hate, hate. *tries to hate away Creation a la Nothing (http://www.alldvd.ca/productDisplay.do?itemId=816)* :P

pettygrew
September 19th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Of course there are a number of scifi actors who have ties to Stargate now.

What about the actress that played Reese? She was excellent.

Sam & Jack Shipper
September 19th, 2004, 12:08 PM
If you'd care to donate the money for something that extravagant... and find a place to set up the tent, I'd be happy to go. ;)

I liked Boston Pizza, but I don't know how they'd handle a large party. I've only ever seen the front part and that would leave us in lots of booths, which probably isn't ideal. I think they have tables in the back, though...

BTW, in case I haven't mentioned it in the past five minutes: David Hewlett. :D He's done loads of scifi stuff, not just Stargate. ;)
Boston Pizza had pretty good food too and the price was good.

Liv
September 19th, 2004, 12:21 PM
I'm all for inviting the Atlantis folks - David Hewlett and Joe Flannigan would be top of my list.

Yes, please. :)

Even though I can't attend, I want them there - so I can read the transcripts of what they have to say. Every single word.

Transcripts are my friend.

Skydiver
September 19th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I just got an email from the Gatecon C4.

As of right now the possibility of having Stargate Atlantis cast and crew at Gatecon 2005 is still entirely up in the air. Frankly I was hoping the response would be "What are you talking about, David? Of COURSE they'll be coming." But if this steers in the wrong direction, Gatecon won't be allowed to have them. MGM could give exclusivity to Creation.

Pray.

ask allen if letters in support of gatecon would be beneficial please.

or has he also asked Make a Wish to write mgm, asking for thier support for a charity.

You would think that it'd be massively great press to have MGM sponsoring a convention that assists a great charity like Make a Wish. good press like that is hard to come by

The main reason i support gatecon is because of Make a Wish. I'm not going to help the rich get richer, but i will do it for the kids

David
September 19th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Boston Pizza had pretty good food too and the price was good.

Oh, I'm all for pizza! lol - question is will their place support a quiet and friendly atmosphere for 40 GateWorld folks?

Skydiver
September 19th, 2004, 04:58 PM
probably if you give them notice. a dozen of us just walked in, and we had to wait a bit for them to put tables together, but they accomodated us with no notice.

i feel that if you let them know you're coming, they will accomodate you.

i even have a menu from 2 years ago if you want contact info closer to the actual time

David
September 19th, 2004, 06:47 PM
I'll try and call up there tomorrow to see what they could do for us.

Skydiver
September 19th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I'll try and call up there tomorrow to see what they could do for us.

the number i got is 604-310-9999

or check out www.bostonpizza.com

they have pizzas, sandwiches, stromboli, nachos, salada, soups, pastas and a few entrees

probably enough to satisify any appetite....ooh, and i think they serve alcohol too :)

David
September 19th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Oooh no.. JUST what we need. <smiles, shakes head>

Thanks for the number! I guess they're not a chain.

ShadowMaat
September 19th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Boston Pizza is definitely a chain. Like Boston Chicken only with less chicken. :D

David
September 19th, 2004, 07:53 PM
That's what I get for not checking out their website. My computer can't stay connected tonight and when I do I can only pull a 9kb bandwidth.

I retract my previous observation.

ShadowMaat
September 19th, 2004, 08:27 PM
*looks innocent* Your comp problems aren't my fault. Honest! :D

kiwigater
September 19th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Oh, I'm all for pizza! lol - question is will their place support a quiet and friendly atmosphere for 40 GateWorld folks?

quiet? are you sure you're thinking of the right group of people? :P
Friendly, yes, definitely :D but quiet?..... not so much :D (and alcohol could only help matters along ;) ).

David
September 19th, 2004, 09:10 PM
I'm only saying quiet in terms of the rest of the restaurant's atmosphere, us aside. Everyone in our group can be LOOUUD!!

Feli
September 20th, 2004, 07:09 AM
it was sort of funny. never knew that i was that intimidating and scary. :)
But you are! The blond, curly hair and sweet smile is just a ruse, admit it...

;)

Skydiver
September 20th, 2004, 10:02 AM
But you are! The blond, curly hair and sweet smile is just a ruse, admit it...

;)

bwahahaha

now that my secret is out, i'm gonna have to get even with ya.....wet noodles at 30 paces ;)

Feli
September 21st, 2004, 02:16 AM
EEEEK, wet noodles? Can't we go for whipped cream instead?

Skydiver
September 21st, 2004, 04:50 AM
whipped cream might be a little odd....silly string????

Feli
September 21st, 2004, 05:24 AM
No, don't want silly string either. How about rubber ducks?

LOL, soon we're gonna fight about what to have a fight with...

Skydiver
September 21st, 2004, 06:37 AM
rubber ducks work

or beenie babies

David
September 21st, 2004, 10:13 AM
OK Mods, come'on ;)

ShadowMaat
September 21st, 2004, 12:02 PM
*grabs popcorn and sits back to watch the fight*

Skydiver
September 21st, 2004, 12:31 PM
*picks up Mel and lobs him at Feli*

David
September 21st, 2004, 02:14 PM
:p

Gilder
September 21st, 2004, 08:53 PM
*flings tortilla*

David
September 21st, 2004, 09:42 PM
Fine.

*Sits next to Shadow, who graciously shares the popcorn.*

Kliggins
September 21st, 2004, 10:37 PM
*slides in very quietly to watch Feli and Skydiver fight with camera in hand* :D

Feli
September 22nd, 2004, 01:07 AM
rubber ducks work

or beenie babies
The only beenie baby I have I won in the raffles at SP5 and I'm so not going to throw that around!

*piles up all her rubber ducks beside her*

*jumps up and starts yelling in German*

Hehe, now that scared you, didn't it?

;)

Feli
September 22nd, 2004, 01:09 AM
*slides in very quietly to watch Feli and Skydiver fight with camera in hand* :D
*takes out camera with one toss of her rubber duck*

Pah!

Denise, come back here, I'm not finished with you yet!

And David, nice try putting that bowl of jello here but we're not falling for it...

Jafana
September 22nd, 2004, 01:29 AM
what the?? the mods are fighting..

*cowers in a corner, scrunched into a little ball*

we're doomed!! DOOMED!!!

*whimpers*

Kliggins
September 22nd, 2004, 01:43 AM

Pah!

And David, nice try putting that bowl of jello here but we're not falling for it...

*Calmly slides out spare camera disguised as a rubber duck while leafing through German dictionary to translate what Feli yelled while comforting Jafana*

ShadowMaat
September 22nd, 2004, 03:39 AM
*Sits next to Shadow, who graciously shares the popcorn.*
Graciously??
*tries to think if she's ever done anything graciously in her life* :P
Hm... Will have to get back to you on that one. ;) Meanwhile, you may want to grab an umbrella to help fend off the rain of rubber duckies.

BTW, friend Wiliqueen's livejournal included a link to a fun quiz a while back. What kind of rubber duck am I? (http://www.captainquack.com/quiz.php)

As I recall, I'm the "Inventive Duck who likes to make the other ducks wonder." :D

Feli
September 22nd, 2004, 06:42 AM
*Calmly slides out spare camera disguised as a rubber duck while leafing through German dictionary to translate what Feli yelled while comforting Jafana*
Pfft, as busy as you are you won't have time to take any pictures anyway!

Skydiver
September 22nd, 2004, 07:08 AM

Pah!

*grabs rubber duck and tosses it at Feli. Not intimidated by the german at all...shifts into her best hick accent and is gonna do her best to get even with y'all*

Feli
September 23rd, 2004, 01:32 AM
*switches to an Austrian accent*

Ha! Now I've scared everyone off!

Skydiver
September 23rd, 2004, 04:49 AM

not meeeeeee

*picks up rubber ducks and bombards feli*

Feli
September 23rd, 2004, 07:36 AM
not meeeeeee

*picks up rubber ducks and bombards feli*
Okay, I'm no longer wasting my breath then. Just give me a second to prepare a counter-attack.

Skydiver
September 23rd, 2004, 09:42 AM
braces herself and cowers behind a pile of pillows

ShadowMaat
September 23rd, 2004, 07:38 PM
*wonders if she should mention her cold*

*realizes it's a little late for that*

Hope you're enjoying the popcorn, David. :D

*sneezes on rubber duck and hands it to Feli*

Kliggins
September 23rd, 2004, 08:58 PM
Pfft, as busy as you are you won't have time to take any pictures anyway!

I can multitask very well when the end result is worth it. ;) *checks to see if extra film is here*

Nice try, but I don't think so. Try harder :D

Skydiver
September 24th, 2004, 04:51 AM

HEY!!

you're trying to make me sick????

ooh, you're gonna get it ;)

Feli
September 24th, 2004, 04:57 AM
braces herself and cowers behind a pile of pillows
Pillows? No fair! No one said anything about pillows! Okay, in that case...

*runs to the side and comes back dragging a tub of soapy bathwater*

*SPLASH*

Mwuahhhaa, Denise, you don't look so innocent anymore when you're soaking wet...! ;)

GateGipsy
September 24th, 2004, 04:58 AM
er, dare I say topic... **runs away**

Feli
September 24th, 2004, 04:59 AM

*realizes it's a little late for that*

Hope you're enjoying the popcorn, David. :D

*squish*

Oops, sorry, Shadow! That rubber duck slipped right through my hand and fell into the popcorn....

Feli
September 24th, 2004, 05:00 AM
I can multitask very well when the end result is worth it. ;) *checks to see if extra film is here*

Nice try, but I don't think so. Try harder :D
*Feli easily distracts Kliggins with pictures from the RDA thunk thread*

Feli
September 24th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Topic, of course! We're practicing for next year's Gatecon rubber duck fight.

What did you think?

ShadowMaat
September 24th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Oops, sorry, Shadow! That rubber duck slipped right through my hand and fell into the popcorn....
Doesn't make any difference to me, I'm already germ-infested. I'm sure David would love a few days off, too, wouldn'y you, David? :P

you're trying to make me sick????
Moi?? Would I do that to vous?? Of course not! But I am trying to learn how to share so I'll be all set for whatever happens at Gatecon, be if crazed roomates or food thieves or silly people who think they deserve to spend more time with certain actors than I do. :D

I'm also practicing having Con Crud. Maybe this year I'll get to be Patient Zero. :P

Kliggins
September 24th, 2004, 08:40 PM

I thought the topic was get to know the "real" moderators. :D

Feli
September 25th, 2004, 07:55 AM
I thought the topic was get to know the "real" moderators. :D
Actually the complete thread title is "Gatecon 2005 - What you're letting yourself in for when you show up at the GW meetup" but that was too long and therefore we cut it down. ;)

Skydiver
September 25th, 2004, 08:57 AM

TOPIC??? we don't need no stinkin topic!!!

Kliggins
September 25th, 2004, 01:42 PM
*Feli easily distracts Kliggins with pictures from the RDA thunk thread*

Thank you for the pictures *drools as she looks at RDA pictures*, but it wasn't enough to distract me completely. :D

kiwigater
September 25th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Actually the complete thread title is "Gatecon 2005 - What you're letting yourself in for when you show up at the GW meetup" but that was too long and therefore we cut it down. ;)

Shouldn't that be "Gatecon 2005 - meet the REAL mods" :P
*sits back and munches own popcorn (of the Shadow germ-free variety :P ) and watches the show*

Kliggins
September 26th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Shouldn't that be "Gatecon 2005 - meet the REAL mods" :P
*sits back and munches own popcorn (of the Shadow germ-free variety :P ) and watches the show*

Thinks Kiwigater has the right idea. *Sits down next to Kiwigater and asks her to pass the popcorn*

ShadowMaat
September 26th, 2004, 12:29 PM
At this rate, it'll scare everyone off and the Mods will be the only ones left at the get-together. Which is probably their plan. :P Which is another reason I'm not gonna let them skeer me. :P I've had worse battles with my breakfast cereal...

DJFavorite
September 27th, 2004, 05:11 AM
At this rate, it'll scare everyone off and the Mods will be the only ones left at the get-together. Which is probably their plan. :P Which is another reason I'm not gonna let them skeer me. :P I've had worse battles with my breakfast cereal...
I don't think it's working. I myself, is now really looking forward to meeting everyone next year.

*sits next to Kiwi* Can I have some popcorn too? :D

Feli
September 27th, 2004, 06:24 AM
At this rate, it'll scare everyone off and the Mods will be the only ones left at the get-together.
Oops! There goes our cunning plan... :D

Skydiver
September 27th, 2004, 07:06 AM

dang, they figured it out

we'll have to come up with a new one.

ooh, i know, let's see if we can convince everyone that the con is in Colorado SPrings ;)

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Oops! There goes our cunning plan...

dang, they figured it out

we'll have to come up with a new one.

ooh, i know, let's see if we can convince everyone that the con is in Colorado SPrings ;)

Told ya you would have to try harder. We don't scare off easily. :D

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Told ya you would have to try harder. We don't scare off easily. :D
shhh just play along and maybe we will get more pictures :D

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 11:51 AM

Sorry, slips back next to Kiwigater for more popcorn and tries to be invisible.

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Sorry, slips back next to Kiwigater for more popcorn and tries to be invisible.
well no not invisible..we have to figure out how to get more pictures....Kiwi likes Daniel and you KNOW who we want....so :D :D and if we ply Feli with a bunch of compliments about her shoes ;) and tell Skydiver how great her hair looks we may be able to find their stash :D :D :D

DJFavorite
September 27th, 2004, 12:11 PM
well no not invisible..we have to figure out how to get more pictures....Kiwi likes Daniel and you KNOW who we want....so :D :D and if we ply Feli with a bunch of compliments about her shoes ;) and tell Skydiver how great her hair looks we may be able to find their stash :D :D :D
I'll help out with those compliments..... (Kiwi isn't the only one who wants more of Daniel :p )

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 12:16 PM
well no not invisible..we have to figure out how to get more pictures....Kiwi likes Daniel and you KNOW who we want....
Ohhh, THOSE kinds of pictures! I figured sit quietly and take pics of the Mods when they aren't looking to use for blackmailing purposes. ;) Pics of Jonas would do nicely, though. :D

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 12:17 PM
The more the merrier DJF you know I would always share any Daniel I had with you.......:eek: that didn't come out quite the way I meant it ;)

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Ohhh, THOSE kinds of pictures! I figured sit quietly and take pics of the Mods when they aren't looking to use for blackmailing purposes. ;) Pics of Jonas would do nicely, though. :D
ROFL...well those are ALWAYS handy to have around... I know I have a couple now :D.....I could always use some more....... can't we do BOTH :)

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 12:19 PM

Uhmmmm, I think I am afraid to type this, but I was kind of thinking along the same lines as shadow. I like Tame's idea of doing both; we can multitask :D

*Sits quietly in the corner thinking how to accomplish both*

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 12:34 PM
No no .....whew....was worried about just what corner you were heading for...it is OK ...no worries everyone :)

We will have to plan and plot with out them actually *knowing* we are planning and plotting ;)

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 12:39 PM
*wonders how she ended up with Daniel, then decides to shut up and enjoy the moment :P *

I say we go for BOTH sorts of pics ;)

*sits by Kliggins, shoves more popcorn in mouth* :D

DJFavorite
September 27th, 2004, 12:44 PM
*wonders how she ended up with Daniel, then decides to shut up and enjoy the moment :P *
Well, if you don't want him.... :D

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 12:45 PM
We will have to plan and plot with out them actually *knowing* we are planning and plotting ;)

Without them knowing? Dontcha think we might have blown that plan already?

*Munches chocolate and offers some to Kiwigater

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 12:46 PM
KG...nudges KG...... I was trying to get you your own guy for the GW get together and I figured since I KNEW there would be no sharing of the R guy and well you KNOW how possesive Shadow is..... sshhh she will hear you ..no giggling....and well then we have the WHOLE compliment the Mod thing and the blackmail pictures AND we have to figure out presents for David now so he will let us do stuff............ We have got A LOT of *Stuff* going on here!!! :eek: ;)

DJFavorite
September 27th, 2004, 12:46 PM

*Munches chocolate and offers some to Kiwigater*I think they are too busy getting thier rubber duck supply replentished, so I think we are ok for the moment.

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 12:47 PM

*Munches chocolate and offers some to Kiwigater
No....shhh they don't *actually pay us any attention...we are just the peons

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 12:48 PM
I think they are too busy getting thier rubber duck supply replentished, so I think we are ok for the moment.
ROFLMAO!!!!! Sorry for the one word but that really was saying it all for the moment

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 12:48 PM
KG...nudges KG...... I was trying to get you your own guy for the GW get together and I figured since I KNEW there would be no sharing of the R guy and well you KNOW how possesive Shadow is..... sshhh she will hear you ..no giggling....and well then we have the WHOLE compliment the Mod thing and the blackmail pictures AND we have to figure out presents for David now so he will let us do stuff............ We have got A LOT of *Stuff* going on here!!! :eek: ;)

The multitasking queen!!!!!! :D I knew she had a plan.

*Sits in corner waiting for assignment*

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I think they are too busy getting thier rubber duck supply replentished, so I think we are ok for the moment.

Oh, those rubber ducks; you mean the ones I put away after the fray died down. Gee, I didn't know they might need them again. :D

DJFavorite
September 27th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Oh, those rubber ducks; you mean the ones I put after the fray died down. Gee, I didn't know they might need them again
well, don't get them back out right away, then they will be back and we won't be able to conspire.... er... plan anymore.

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 01:01 PM
and well then we have the WHOLE compliment the Mod thing and the blackmail pictures AND we have to figure out presents for David now so he will let us do stuff..........
Oooo, I know what David likes! :D

DVDs! Get yer minds outta the gutters!! :P:P Not that knowing seems to be helping me out very much. If anything, it means I get away with less! *sigh* Someone obviously needs to explain the situation to the dear boy.

Or maybe it was my little popcorn joke... It was all germ-free. Honest! :D

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Well, if you don't want him.... :D
noooooo, I didn't say THAT! :P

KG...nudges KG...... I was trying to get you your own guy for the GW get together and I figured since I KNEW there would be no sharing of the R guy and well you KNOW how possesive Shadow is..... sshhh she will hear you ..no giggling....and well then we have the WHOLE compliment the Mod thing and the blackmail pictures AND we have to figure out presents for David now so he will let us do stuff............ We have got A LOT of *Stuff* going on here!!!

score! thanks Tame :D I graciously accept your gift, and promise not to break him (before sharing - I'm a good gutter gal, I share....... eventually ;) ).

The multitasking queen!!!!!! I knew she had a plan.

*Sits in corner waiting for assignment*

*joins in waiting and munches chocolate thoughtfully provided by Kliggins*

You know, we appear to have scared off all the mods :o :P Perhaps they're all off still chasing the ducks?

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 01:09 PM
*opens mouth* ............. *closes mouth* :P

DVDs! Get yer minds outta the gutters!! :P:P Not that knowing seems to be helping me out very much. If anything, it means I get away with less! *sigh* Someone obviously needs to explain the situation to the dear boy.

? But I LIVE in the gutter? and now you're asking me to leave it? I don't think so! :P ;) :D :D
*sneaks out of thread to get back to work - boss just came to visit :eek:*

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 01:12 PM
I am so not saying a WORD :)

You have something against gutters :eek: :S :cool:
So is it safe to assume we can *assign* David to you:D :D

or are you still planning evil things that even you don't know about yet ;)

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 01:15 PM
or are you still planning evil things that even you don't know about yet ;)
I never plan evil things. Sometimes I just happen to be in a place at a time when evil things coincidentally tend to occur. It has nothing to do with me whatsoever. :D I am always planning SOMETHING, though... Feeding homeless kittens, rescuing lost puppies, picking daisies on sunny hillsides, the usual sorts of things...

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Oh, those rubber ducks; you mean the ones I put away after the fray died down. Gee, I didn't know they might need them again. :D
I just that *Collector* gene :D

well, don't get them back out right away, then they will be back and we won't be able to conspire.... er... plan anymore.
....plan.....yeah thats right plan.......now if I only knew what the heck we were actually planning and why :D are we just blackmailing for the heck of it at Gatecon.......or do we have long term goals ;)

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I never plan evil things. Sometimes I just happen to be in a place at a time when evil things coincidentally tend to occur. It has nothing to do with me whatsoever. :D I am always planning SOMETHING, though... Feeding homeless kittens, rescuing lost puppies, picking daisies on sunny hillsides, the usual sorts of things...
Ok everyone........everyone....EVERYONE........ I have no clue just how big her nose is going to get this time............this is a HUGE whopper of ........

well I would just clear the forum if I was you!!!!!!!!!!! CLEAR THE FORUM!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: LOOK OUT CAP'N SHE'S GONNA BLOW!!!! :eek: :eek:

;)

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Bah. You're just jealous of my awesome goodness. :P

DJFavorite
September 27th, 2004, 01:22 PM
I just that *Collector* gene :D

....plan.....yeah thats right plan.......now if I only knew what the heck we were actually planning and why :D are we just blackmailing for the heck of it at Gatecon.......or do we have long term goals ;)
Well, for me Gatecon is a long term goal :p !

What to blackmail.. er...request for............

......private party with Jonas, Daniel, etc.????

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 01:25 PM
private party with Jonas, Daniel, etc.????
Jonas is MINE! :P

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Ok everyone........everyone....EVERYONE........ I have no clue just how big her nose is going to get this time............this is a HUGE whopper of ........

well I would just clear the forum if I was you!!!!!!!!!!! CLEAR THE FORUM!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: LOOK OUT CAP'N SHE'S GONNA BLOW!!!! :eek: :eek:

;)

ROFLMAOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Kiwi....where is that picture you had last night....(the stick one) Awesome goodness my butterscotch sundae ;)

I read your posts of meyhem :D your tidings of terror ;)

I can't think of anything else that sounds really cool and menecing at the same time :p ;)

DJFavorite
September 27th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Well, having the private party will make it easier for you to steal him away. ;)

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 01:28 PM

Don't worry. I took care to hide, um I mean put the rubber ducks in their proper place

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Did you NOT read the part in my earlier post about SHADOW IS POSSESIVE .....

heavy sigh... I need to get a blackmail coordinator Where is Martin Short when you need him ;)

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 01:31 PM

I believe we just passed the need for knee boots to boats.

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 01:37 PM
I believe we just passed the need for knee boots to boats.
You're gonna need a bigger boat.

http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/ups/DeNiro/jaws.gif

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 01:41 PM

My momma didn't raise any fools. Took care of that before I posted. :D It's Shadowproof

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 01:45 PM
My momma didn't raise any fools. Took care of that before I posted. :D It's Shadowproof
Your naivity is almost sweet, in a delicious "you're so doomed" kinda way. ;) You planning to go to Gatecon? You likespice food? Maybe I'll contrive a way to accidentally spill tabasco on your food at the get-together... :P

(ooo, that was almost on topic!)

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Your naivity is almost sweet, in a delicious "you're so doomed" kinda way. ;) You planning to go to Gatecon? You likespice food? Maybe I'll contrive a way to accidentally spill tabasco on your food at the get-together... :P

(ooo, that was almost on topic!)

Why yes, I am planning on going to Gatecon, thank you for asking. I am looking forward to meeting all the mods and shadowy characters that might show up from Gateworld. Of course you would have to know who I am to "accidently" spill tobasco on my food, wouldn't you.

I don't remember the last time I was called naive and sweet and threatened with doom in the same sentence.

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 02:02 PM
[I]Of course you would have to know who I am to "accidently" spill tobasco on my food, wouldn't you.
Oh, I'll know. Trust me. :D

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Oh, I'll know. Trust me. :D

You will? You have ESP powers that you have not mentioned yet? I know others think that, but I am not one of them. Certainly you don't think I will be wearing a big honkin sign at Gatecon.

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 02:29 PM
*removes big honkin sign from Kliggins' back* :eek:
Well, OK then. Ruin my fun :P :D
*hands chocolate back to Kliggins*

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 03:11 PM
*removes big honkin sign from Kliggins' back* :eek:
Well, OK then. Ruin my fun :P :D
*hands chocolate back to Kliggins*

ROFLMAOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I thought you were my friend Kiwigater and I did not know you were part of Shadow's spy network. See if I ever rave about your popcorn again. .

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 03:18 PM
ROFLMAOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I thought you were my friend Kiwigater and I did not know you were part of Shadow's spy network. See if I ever rave about your popcorn again. .

There's a network? :eek:
You know, you never asked WHAT the sign said! It might have said "Rick, this is the one!"........ now you'll never know..... ;) :P

David
September 27th, 2004, 03:22 PM
You will? You have ESP powers that you have not mentioned yet?

Actually when we all get situated we introduce ourselves, real name & online name :)

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 03:26 PM
There's a network? :eek:
You know, you never asked WHAT the sign said! It might have said "Rick, this is the one!"........ now you'll never know..... ;) :P

Okay, I might have typed too quickly. I should have known you would never betray me... would you

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Actually when we all get situated we introduce ourselves, real name & online name :)

As mouthy as I have been today, I am not sure I am ready to do that. :D

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 03:42 PM
As mouthy as I have been today, I am not sure I am ready to do that. :D
That's OK. David will do it for you. He's good like that. ;)

Or is it bad? :P

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Okay, I might have typed too quickly. I should have known you would never betray me... would you
never ever in a million years! *puts hand over heart - if I lie may I live a thousand years and never have time with my Jack clone again* I'm afraid once I consider you a friend it's all over, you're a friend forever *cue ominous music* :eek:

Actually when we all get situated we introduce ourselves, real name & online name
well, that just takes the fun out of the whole thing doesn't it! what good are psychic powers if I can't use them? :P awwww, OK then. We'll do it the old fashioned way..... ;) *starts plotting what sign to put on Kliggins' back* :P :D

Hey look! A flying rubber duck! *blatant attempt to distract Kliggins* :D

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 04:11 PM
David won't have to introduce himself. He'll be the one covered in popcorn. :P

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 04:51 PM

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOO

Oh this is just too good......:DThis is now my NEW picture of ShadowMaat :D

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 04:55 PM
never ever in a million years! *puts hand over heart - if I lie may I live a thousand years and never have time with my Jack clone again* I'm afraid once I consider you a friend it's all over, you're a friend forever *cue ominous music* :eek:

Have you been taking lessons from Shadow? :eek: It is getting even deeper in here. I will need an ocean liner pretty soon. Like I believe you now.

well, that just takes the fun out of the whole thing doesn't it! what good are psychic powers if I can't use them? :P awwww, OK then. We'll do it the old fashioned way..... ;) *starts plotting what sign to put on Kliggins' back* :P :D

Hey look! A flying rubber duck! *blatant attempt to distract Kliggins* :D

Not falling for it. :D I am not as naive and sweet as Shadow seems to think I am. *Plots revenge against Kiwi for big honkin sign on back that did not say anything about RDA*

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Hi David....::Waving:: at David :D no we aren't doing anything here but discussing how much fun it will be to meet everyone at Gatecon and how wonderful it is to be chatting on the one thread that *stays* On Topic :D :D

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 04:57 PM

When I joined Gateworld, did I have to give you my real name and if so is it too late to change it? I can't remember that far back.

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Don't listen to her I have seen her *other* secret plans ....hehehehe

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Hi David....::Waving:: at David :D no we aren't doing anything here but discussing how much fun it will be to meet everyone at Gatecon and how wonderful it is to be chatting on the one thread that *stays* On Topic :D :D

]:eek: On topic, what, where? Is Shadow giving a class that I don't know about?

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 05:00 PM
When I joined Gateworld, did I have to give you my real name and if so is it too late to change it? I can't remember that far back.
WHAT??? you mean your name isn't Wilamena NewHouse?????? Now how am I going to find you :eek: :confused:

Oh yeah...the sign ...hee hee

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 05:01 PM
:eek: On topic, what, where? Is Shadow giving a class that I don't know about?
I am trying to throw him off :D :D

:D <---- that is my innocent smile

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 05:02 PM
What no feathers this year.....darn it and I was so looking forward to that :p

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 05:02 PM
WHAT??? you mean your name isn't Wilamena NewHouse?????? Now how am I going to find you :eek: :confused:

Oh yeah...the sign ...hee hee

Yeah, yeah, that's it, Wilhelmena NewHouse. Silly of me to forget. Thanks for reminding me. I will be the one with big honkin sign on my back courtesy of Kiwigater :p

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 05:03 PM
I am trying to throw him off :D :D

:D <---- that is my innocent smile

It is not working. I don't think you have an innocent smile ;)

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Don't listen to her I have seen her *other* secret plans ....hehehehe

I knew it! Behind that smiling New Zealand face is a mind plotting mishap and mayhem on unsuspecting Gatecon attendees with names starting with K

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 05:09 PM
I knew it! Behind that smiling New Zealand face is a mind plotting mishap and mayhem on unsuspecting Gatecon attendees with names starting with K

:D <-- MY innocent smiley :D

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 05:10 PM

Couldn't David find a better covering than popcorn? :) I guess it will be easy to spot him then

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 05:12 PM
:D <-- MY innocent smiley :D

It needs work, entirely to cheezy.

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 05:17 PM
What no feathers this year.....darn it and I was so looking forward to that :p
Shhhh.... ixnay on the eathersfay! :P Never know when he may be popping in to read...

Just lots of innocet talk about innocent get-togethers with no dastardsly planning going on at all... http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/cool/cool-smiley-020.gif

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Couldn't David find a better covering than popcorn? :) I guess it will be easy to spot him then
Not going there... not going there... NOT going there... This is me, not going there... :P http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/engel/angel-smiley-002.gif

Anthro Girl
September 27th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Coming in late here.

Sigh...if Gatecon is in the latter weeks of July, I won't be able to make it. :( I'm theoretically supposed to be back in school by then and if I am, there will be no way I'll be able to travel. I'll just have to find some other con between Dec-June. Crap-o-la. :mad:

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Sigh...if Gatecon is in the latter weeks of July, I won't be able to make it. :( I'm theoretically supposed to be back in school by then and if I am, there will be no way I'll be able to travel. I'll just have to find some other con between Dec-June. Crap-o-la. :mad:
Let us know when a good time to meet is. We'll have a party at David's house. :D

Skydiver
September 27th, 2004, 07:18 PM
it could be dodgy for me too.
the guy that i work with always takes the last week of july off, which is when GC could be.
now technically, both of us can be off at the same time, but if some conference comes up that needs to be tended....yep, there could go the vacation

i'm hoping that it's the third week or something, just not that last week

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Illinois is probably more central for everyone anyway, right? Party time! ;)

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 07:27 PM
works for me! I'm just across the river anyway! I'll bring snacks....... :D

*starts feeling mildy sorry for David at vision of invasion by GW people* LOL :D

David
September 27th, 2004, 07:37 PM
When I joined Gateworld, did I have to give you my real name and if so is it too late to change it?

You can go by whatever you want on-line, as I do. My actual name is Gerald.

David
September 27th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Here's a random thought. What does anyone say to renting out a conference room in the convention center hotel for, say, two hours, and ordering in about 10 pizzas???

David
September 27th, 2004, 08:09 PM
I'm perfectly willing to give them a call and check on prices. something tells me if we all went in on it it couldn't be more than two or three bucks a head.

And as to a party at my place, only as long as folks have a place to stay. I only have one spare bedroom...

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Here's a random thought. What does anyone say to renting out a conference room in the convention center hotel for, say, two hours, and ordering in about 10 pizzas???
Sounds nice, David, but something tells me it'd be a LOT more expensive!

Besides, we've decided that to be fair to those who might not make it to Gatecon, we're gonna have the party somewhere more centrally located.

'Twas very nice of you to volunteer your house. I always knew you were a good guy. I never believed all those rotten things the other mods said about you. ;)

Erik Pasternak
September 27th, 2004, 08:28 PM
You can go by whatever you want on-line, as I do. My actual name is Gerald.
Funny. (I think).

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 08:43 PM
well we are planning madly over here and if you are serious THAT would be a BLAST :)

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Shhhh.... ixnay on the eathersfay! :P Never know when he may be popping in to read...

Just lots of innocet talk about innocent get-togethers with no dastardsly planning going on at all... http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/cool/cool-smiley-020.gif
ROFLMAOO. I love your accent :)

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Coming in late here.

well gads this is just not good.....What if we send in a Note to the attendence office :D

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 08:45 PM
it could be dodgy for me too.
the guy that i work with always takes the last week of july off, which is when GC could be.
now technically, both of us can be off at the same time, but if some conference comes up that needs to be tended....yep, there could go the vacation

i'm hoping that it's the third week or something, just not that last week
Can we just say WE are a Conference that NEEDS tending :D

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 08:46 PM
I'm perfectly willing to give them a call and check on prices. something tells me if we all went in on it it couldn't be more than two or three bucks a head.

And as to a party at my place, only as long as folks have a place to stay. I only have one spare bedroom...
Since no one has done it yet

I CALL DIBS ON THE SPARE ROOM!!!!!!

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Sounds nice, David, but something tells me it'd be a LOT more expensive!

Besides, we've decided that to be fair to those who might not make it to Gatecon, we're gonna have the party somewhere more centrally located.

'Twas very nice of you to volunteer your house. I always knew you were a good guy. I never believed all those rotten things the other mods said about you. ;)
Did he really say GERALD??????

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Did he really say GERALD??????
Gerald or Geraldine, I wasn't paying attention. ;)

I get dibs on the couch. :D

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 08:56 PM
well, I WAS going to bring a tent, but forget this sleeping outdoors thing! *finds comfy piece of floor for thermarest* :D

Tame and Shadow, and anyone else, would you guys really come visit us poor sods in the middle of the country? *gets all excited at prospect of party!* :D

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 08:57 PM
If there's good food involved- and the chance to torment people I love- I'll go just about anywhere. ;)

I seem to recall a group of us somewhere once planning a meetup in Iceland...

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 09:09 PM
well, I WAS going to bring a tent, but forget this sleeping outdoors thing! *finds comfy piece of floor for thermarest* :D

Tame and Shadow, and anyone else, would you guys really come visit us poor sods in the middle of the country? *gets all excited at prospect of party!* :D

Of course we would Kiwigater. I wouldn't miss this opportunity for anything and I don't even need food or people to torment. :D

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Can we just say WE are a Conference that NEEDS tending :D

I think we are definitely a group that needs tending.

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 09:12 PM
If there's good food involved- and the chance to torment people I love- I'll go just about anywhere. ;)

I seem to recall a group of us somewhere once planning a meetup in Iceland...

OK, if tenting in central Illinois is out, there is no WAY tenting in Iceland is gonna work! Altho, now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind visiting Iceland. I hear it's pretty. Nowhere near as pretty as Vancouver tho, which is of course where we all want to go to Gatecon...... *collapses from exhaustion at manouvering post back around to topic* :P :D

Anyway, who wants to come party in the mid-west?!

er, except, seeing as this is at Dav, er, i mean Gerald's :P, I of course mean "Who wants to come to an in-depth, intellectual study of the phsyics behind, and the characterisations of..... Stargate!"

nah! who am I trying to kid! PAAAAAARRRTTTYYYYY! :P

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Of course we would Kiwigater. I wouldn't miss this opportunity for anything and I don't even need food or people to torment. :D

Kliggins! You still wuv me! *hugs Kliggins*
You could come too? Yay! :D :D :D

ShadowMaat
September 27th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Iceland has lots of natural hot springs. :D

I'm all for the partying/wormhole physics discussion. Just let me know when and where and I am there. ;) Of course, depending on the timing of this, it's going to be interesting explaining to my boss why I need THREE vacations in one year...

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Kliggins! You still wuv me! *hugs Kliggins*
You could come too? Yay! :D :D :D

Of course I do; *hugs Kiwi back*. You can even meet me at the airport with a big honking sign. :D :D

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Of course I do; *hugs Kiwi back*. You can even meet me at the airport with a big honking sign. :D :D

LMAO. Only if you tell me what pic what you want on this sign...... uh, on second thoughts..... *vision of me standing at airport with giant pic of mostly naked RDA* :eek: :P

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 09:27 PM
well As much as I would LOVE to be there...MY attendence would depend on timing....money and vacation time :D...........But IF I can be there I GET THE ROOM...I already called it :D

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 09:28 PM
LMAO. Only if you tell me what pic what you want on this sign...... uh, on second thoughts..... *vision of me standing at airport with giant pic of mostly naked RDA* :eek: :P
Egads... I just had this vision of KG trying to explain to *Homeland Security* about the Gutter and RDA and with her accent they would probably be charmed :S :rolleyes: :D

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 09:30 PM

Definitely works for me. ;) Thank you for thinking of me. :D

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Egads... I just had this vision of KG trying to explain to *Homeland Security* about the Gutter and RDA and with her accent they would probably be charmed :S :rolleyes: :D

I am sure they would and while she is explaining, I will just quietly take my RDA sign and mosey off.

Just curious Tame; did you get any work done today cuz I am sure not getting any done tonight.

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 09:38 PM

well, as long as I don't try to take RDA thru security it should all be fiiiiinnne *crosses fingers* :P :D

I am sure they would and while she is explaining, I will just quietly take my RDA sign and mosey off.

Just curious Tame; did you get any work done today cuz I am sure not getting any done tonight.

thanks a lot! at least I should get to clutch the sign while they haul me off for a wee "chat" :eek: :P

I don't know about work, but I sure as heck ain't getting any SLEEPING done!

TameFarrar
September 27th, 2004, 09:40 PM

to be honest............No

But I did bring it home and it is sitting right here in front of me NOT getting done here either.......

Maybe if I take with me to Gatecon :)

Kliggins
September 27th, 2004, 09:47 PM
well, as long as I don't try to take RDA thru security it should all be fiiiiinnne *crosses fingers* :P :D

If you make the sign for me, I should be able to do what I want with it. What kind of midwestern/New Zealand hospitality is that?

thanks a lot! at least I should get to clutch the sign while they haul me off for a wee "chat" :eek: :P

I don't know about work, but I sure as heck ain't getting any SLEEPING done!

C'mon, you know sleeping is overrated. Just think of it as practicing for Gatecon 2005. (like the smooth slide to be on topic)

kiwigater
September 27th, 2004, 09:53 PM
If you make the sign for me, I should be able to do what I want with it. What kind of midwestern/New Zealand hospitality is that?
The self-preservationist kind! :P I was only coming thru security to meet you at the plane! honest ;)

C'mon, you know sleeping is overrated. Just think of it as practicing for Gatecon 2005. (like the smooth slide to be on topic)
*admires finegling to get back on topic* :D :D
I'll tell you tomorrow if the people at work agree *sleep-deprived kiwi on the rampage* :P

Feli
September 28th, 2004, 12:31 AM
LOL, at least you have your priorities in order...

Anthro Girl
September 28th, 2004, 12:34 AM
well gads this is just not good.....What if we send in a Note to the attendence office :D
Sadly, that won't help. :( Sigh...oh well. If I can't make it, I'll donate pizza money. ;)

Feli
September 28th, 2004, 12:35 AM
You know, we appear to have scared off all the mods :o :P Perhaps they're all off still chasing the ducks?
Don't get your hopes up; we're just gathering our forces!

Feli
September 28th, 2004, 12:40 AM

Pssssssttt!

*frantically tries to shut Shadow up*

Madeleine
September 28th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Give her some popcorn, that'll work.

Feli
September 28th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Good idea!

*Feli dumps a bucket of popcorn over Shadow's head*

Ohh, there's my rubber duck that was missing!

*Feli aims but gets distracted by the collage of Jack, Daniel and Jonas pics*

Wow, talk about sensory overload... ;-)

Btw, there are still no news on the Gatecon site. Just thought I'd pretend to bring this thread back on topic *g*

ShadowMaat
September 28th, 2004, 03:37 AM
So should David's House Party go in fandom or in Off Topic? Since some spoil sports seem to think it's not on topic for Gatecon. :P It's just Gatecon South...

Tame- so when would be good for you? It isn't as if we have a set schedule for this thing. We'll figure out when is best for all of us and then maybe warn David that we're coming. Maybe. ;)

*shakes off popcorn, sending it flying in all directions* :P

TameFarrar
September 28th, 2004, 07:07 AM
LOL, at least you have your priorities in order...
Of course...you doubted this Feli :D :D

TameFarrar
September 28th, 2004, 07:11 AM
So should David's House Party go in fandom or in Off Topic? Since some spoil sports seem to think it's not on topic for Gatecon. :P It's just Gatecon South...

Tame- so when would be good for you? It isn't as if we have a set schedule for this thing. We'll figure out when is best for all of us and then maybe warn David that we're coming. Maybe. ;)

*shakes off popcorn, sending it flying in all directions* :P
First I promise not to metion just *where* you still have popcorn stuck ;)

I have my hands full right now trying to afford Gatecon for July..Although I AM putting it as my Christmas list number one item -
1) Send Tame (Mom) to Gatecon
2) LOTR TROK extended DVD (just in case you wndered what number two was :D)

So Sept - Oct would actually be the earliest in terms for me to do any OTHER vacation and we are talking NEXT year :( so unless everyone wants to come out west :) I will have to miss out

ShadowMaat
September 28th, 2004, 07:15 AM
BTW... if for any reason you CAN'T make it, Tame, I get dibs on the spare room!! :P

kiwigater
September 28th, 2004, 07:29 AM
First I promise not to metion just *where* you still have popcorn stuck ;)

I have my hands full right now trying to afford Gatecon for July..Although I AM putting it as my Christmas list number one item -
1) Send Tame (Mom) to Gatecon
2) LOTR TROK extended DVD (just in case you wndered what number two was :D)

So Sept - Oct would actually be the earliest in terms for me to do any OTHER vacation and we are talking NEXT year :( so unless everyone wants to come out west :) I will have to miss out

LOL, I like your Christmas list! *runs off to put "plane ticket to Gatecon" on list* ;)

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/disappointed.gif but, but, but, I was all looking forward to you coming! *pitiful chin wobble* I'm fairly sure I can't possibly convince the boss I have yet to start working for that I need to make either two trips to the US in three months, or one reaaaallllllly long trip ;) (I vote for the one really long one!).

TameFarrar
September 28th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Ok well I am just going to think POSITIVE and concentrate on getting my $$$ together for Gatecon BUT if we can actually plan a GATHERING (gads we sound like Highlanders...there can be only one) and I can convince my work that I should have the time off, AND I can afford a plane ticket I will do everything in my willpower to get there and that of course means I GET THE SPARE ROOM :D

kiwigater
September 28th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Ok well I am just going to think POSITIVE and concentrate on getting my $$$ together for Gatecon BUT if we can actually plan a GATHERING (gads we sound like Highlanders...there can be only one) and I can convince my work that I should have the time off, AND I can afford a plane ticket I will do everything in my willpower to get there and that of course means I GET THE SPARE ROOM :D

does this mean there will be men in kilts?? :P
*sigh* I understand completely. Hey, but I already have $40 in the "go to Gatecon fund" :D $40 down, only ~$2460 to go!:eek: *contemplates swimming to Gatecon from New Zealand* :S Perhaps it would be easier to just design and build one of those nifty Aschen platforms thingys......

TameFarrar
September 28th, 2004, 08:33 AM
*Men in Kilts* ... My morning just perked right up ...and NO that is NOT the sugar from the Krispy Kreme talking ;):P

KG..maybe you should look at boat building *First*..:) it might be easier if you try to build something that ACTUALLY exists before you move onto the fantasy stuff for your trip ;)..no biggie just a suggestion :)

kiwigater
September 28th, 2004, 08:45 AM
pish! why build a boat, when I'm sure with the average everyday things lying about the place I could build a platform for instant travel..... now, where did I put that extra microwave..... :P (the Orlin ep was on last night :o )

ShadowMaat
September 28th, 2004, 08:53 AM
does this mean there will be men in kilts?? :P
Well, there's always Our Illustrious Host. ;) And hey, he has "connections" so maybe he could arrange for some visitors. And Wossname showed up in a kilt to Gatecon last year. Someone should invite him. He would LOOOOVE something like this, I betcha, I betcha. :D

Skydiver
September 28th, 2004, 09:27 AM
there could be men in kilts if dougie wears his again. I have this lovely pic of him and me....and we're both in 'skirts'

Shipperahoy
September 28th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Dougie.....kilts.....ummm....what was the topic again. Got lost there for a moment. A Gateworld get together would be quite the shindig I imagine. If nothing else it would give me the opportunity to tortu...um...harass....uh...talk to Shadow in person. I am so going to Gatecon next year. I've already got it budgeted. I don't know the summer schedule for school yet but somehow I will mangage it. I'm going to get an early start on getting a roomate or roomates this time so I won't be stuck boarding with complete strangers. I could conceivably afford a room to myself but the more spending money I have the better. ;) Umm...kilts....sorry I have a one-track mind. :D

FoxyBrownSGC
September 28th, 2004, 10:39 AM
I told Dougie last year that if he *really* wanted to make a splash in a kilt, he should wear a black leather one like Vin Diesel did at the EMA's. ;)

As for Gatecon 2005, I hope I can make it but right now things aren't looking too good. But who knows what the future holds?

-- :cool: Foxy

ShadowMaat
September 28th, 2004, 05:09 PM
If Gatecon does happen, I'm thinking of trying to spend a little more time there next trip out so I can actually DO things that have nothing to do with the con itself. I STILL haven't been to the Suspension Bridge, I STILL haven't been to Victoria or Steveston and I'd like to hit some of the restaurants that aren't within walking distance of the hotel. :P Company on any of these excursions and bullying to get me to do them will, of course, be much appreciated. Within reason. :P

David- have you called the hotel about renting space, yet? I just have a feeling it'd be prohibitively expensive, but maybe you can sweet talk them into a better deal. ;) Otherwise, I'm still all for Boston Pizza. I know they have good food and I promise I'll at least try to stay away from all those cool-sounding drinks of theirs and be on my best behavior. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/biggrinlove.gif

Also, if you guys are serious about the secondary meet-up at David's, should we maybe start a separate thread for it so folks don't get confused and the rubber duck-addled mods don't come down on us for being wildly off topic? :D

DJFavorite
September 28th, 2004, 06:19 PM
If Gatecon does happen, I'm thinking of trying to spend a little more time there next trip out so I can actually DO things that have nothing to do with the con itself. I STILL haven't been to the Suspension Bridge, I STILL haven't been to Victoria or Steveston and I'd like to hit some of the restaurants that aren't within walking distance of the hotel. :P Company on any of these excursions and bullying to get me to do them will, of course, be much appreciated. Within reason. :P

David- have you called the hotel about renting space, yet? I just have a feeling it'd be prohibitively expensive, but maybe you can sweet talk them into a better deal. ;) Otherwise, I'm still all for Boston Pizza. I know they have good food and I promise I'll at least try to stay away from all those cool-sounding drinks of theirs and be on my best behavior. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/biggrinlove.gif

Also, if you guys are serious about the secondary meet-up at David's, should we maybe start a separate thread for it so folks don't get confused and the rubber duck-addled mods don't come down on us for being wildly off topic? :D
And to just let you know, if you are interested, Seattle is less than a 3hr drive and loads of interesting sites. I'd be happy to give you some tips and even show you around (if I can get the extra time off). :D

ShadowMaat
September 28th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Seattle is also on my list of places to visit some day. In fact, it's on my list of places to move to. ;) But I figure if I can't even get to Victoria, there's no way I'm getting to Seattle. *sigh* Or maybe what I need to do is fly to Seattle and then find people willing to carpool to Vancouver. Get to see a bit of both, that way, and a lot less stress with airport security. Dunno what the border guards are like, though. ;) Hopefully cute, but that's probably asking a bit much. *sigh*

DJFavorite
September 28th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Seattle is also on my list of places to visit some day. In fact, it's on my list of places to move to. ;) But I figure if I can't even get to Victoria, there's no way I'm getting to Seattle. *sigh* Or maybe what I need to do is fly to Seattle and then find people willing to carpool to Vancouver. Get to see a bit of both, that way, and a lot less stress with airport security. Dunno what the border guards are like, though. ;) Hopefully cute, but that's probably asking a bit much. *sigh*
I'd be happy to carpool. I plan to drive anyway. The border's not too bad. We went to Victoria over Labor Day weekend. We left the house Saturday morning and drove to the BC ferry terminal. It too less than an hour to get through. Now coming home on Monday took even less time. I think 20 minutes and we crossed about 3 pm.

ShadowMaat
September 28th, 2004, 06:44 PM
I'd be happy to carpool. I plan to drive anyway. The border's not too bad. We went to Victoria over Labor Day weekend. We left the house Saturday morning and drove to the BC ferry terminal. It too less than an hour to get through. Now coming home on Monday took even less time. I think 20 minutes and we crossed about 3 pm.
*sigh* Another boat?? But that's just to Victoria, right? I suppose it might be fun to see what other peoples' ferrys are like, anyway, but sheesh: boat, bus, plane, car, boat? I really need to move to a real place...

DJFavorite
September 28th, 2004, 06:48 PM
*sigh* Another boat?? But that's just to Victoria, right? I suppose it might be fun to see what other peoples' ferrys are like, anyway, but sheesh: boat, bus, plane, car, boat? I really need to move to a real place...The BC ferries are much better than the Wash. St ferries. The one we were on had a cafeteria and a buffet, a gift store and two small arcades. Pretty nice.

Oh and yes, the ferry was to Vancouver Island. The ferry trip was 1.5 hr and another 30 min. or so to drive to the Inner Harbour of Victoria.

ShadowMaat
September 28th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Oh and yes, the ferry was to Vancouver Island. The ferry trip was 1.5 hr and another 30 min. or so to drive to the Inner Harbour of Victoria.
*cries* I can't escape the bloody boats... :P