This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatecon 2005

It's probably too early to start this thread, but I'm going to anyway. I'm really eager to find who is planning on attending!

Is GC2005 confirmed yet?

No confirmation yet that I'm aware of, but I'll be there if/when it happens.

Curse you for starting this thread, David. I thought you'd gotten a scoop on it actually happening!

Comment

Well that sure gave me an idea! I'm going to call my buddy Allan, who should be out of bed by now, and ask him what their plans are. Though if nothing's concrete, he'll give me a head's up but probably won't let me tell everyone

I get that a lot.
      It sucks.

Comment

What if its the last GC?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Well I can tell you that I'll throw a tantrum and enter denial for a few months, but I'll eventually get over it. Gatecon and GateWorld were just kicking off our partnership, but that aside, they deliver a kick-butt con!

Comment

Originally posted by David
            Well that sure gave me an idea! I'm going to call my buddy Allan, who should be out of bed by now, and ask him what their plans are. Though if nothing's concrete, he'll give me a head's up but probably won't let me tell everyone
            Aww, poor baby. I feel sooo sorry for you. No, really. I do.

Remind me to smack you next time we meet.

I am gonna get to Victoria in '05 if it kills me. Five visits to Vancouver and I still haven't managed to get there. *sigh*

And Steveston. Definitely gotta see Steveston...

Comment

Well, I'm already saving my pennies to go. I'm just glad I don't have to save a ton of pennies.

(I already have $21.65CN from the last trip across the border for spending money .)
              No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

I just remebered....their is that little spin off show called SGA. Think it can take the reins and run the convention on its own.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Aww, poor baby. I feel sooo sorry for you. No, really. I do.

Remind me to smack you next time we meet.

I am gonna get to Victoria in '05 if it kills me. Five visits to Vancouver and I still haven't managed to get there. *sigh*

And Steveston. Definitely gotta see Steveston...
                  I love Victoria. That's where we went on the last trip. Actually, that's where we went on our only trips to Canada. Just plan on doing lot of walking.
                  No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

I just remebered....their is that little spin off show called SGA. Think it can take the reins and run the convention on its own.
                    Oh, that's what you meant! lol, yeah the convention would go on. Most of the cast and crew live in that area anyway. Mostly.

Yes yes, SAVE SAVE SAVE. I started in January of 04 for GC 2004 and it really helped. This time I left my GC bank account open to keep transferring stuff into it. If you start now and put in, say, 50 bucks a month, you'll be off to a great start.

Comment

You think AT, MS, and CJ would stop by alot?

Comment

I still have $80C left over from that pics disaster. Never got a chance to exchange it back to US and the banks here won't do it. *grumble*

Maybe when I go to London in Nov...

Comment

From Allan Gowen:

"Regardless of what happens, we WILL do a gatecon 2005. BUT we are still
                          waiting to hear back from MGM concerning some licensing aspects."

Comment

Yay! Good to hear. They should talk to David Hewlett. I bet he would LOVE to do Gatecon. I already have questions for him...

I'd say "You're the best, David!" but I wouldn't want it to go to your head.

Comment

Additional details...

"It will still
                              have guests from Stargate, but we will be billing it as a general Sci-Fi
                              convention and inviting guests from other Sci-Fi series. And even the
                              guests we have from Stargate have been in other series, so we will push that
                              fact rather than the Stargate side."

Comment

Working...
                              X