Darth Bane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darth Bane

I am realitivley new to the EU Universe of Star Wars, only watched the movies countless time of course but I decided to dive into the EU because I need more Material so I have to stick to novels and graphic novels. Has anyone read the Darth Bane Trilogy? I am currently at the first novel and I have to see I am pleasently surprised I never read a book that fast! I really like the characters, especially Ka'sim ... but well and General Hoth, has he got more appearances in the next two Bane Novels and the Tales of a Jedi? Too bad we never will get movies around that time... oh.. and Bane is really bad... I think the mentioned Sith Revan is the same Revan with his own novel? and he does appear in the KotR Games, is he not? I don't play so I will only stick to books and graphic novels, but I can read the books as well without playing the games, right?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
    I really like the characters, especially Ka'sim ... but well and General Hoth, has he got more appearances in the next two Bane Novels and the Tales of a Jedi?
    Man, like the fourth time I've linked this for you Unlikely that anyone should live thousands of years!

I think the mentioned Sith Revan is the same Revan with his own novel? and he does appear in the KotR Games, is he not? I don't play so I will only stick to books and graphic novels, but I can read the books as well without playing the games, right?
    You can, most certainly. And yes, the Revan mentioned in the Bane trilogy is the one and only. He's the player character in the KOTOR game and the lead character the first half of the book bearing his name. Personally I think you'd be doing yourself a great disservice by not playing KOTOR, but that's just my opinion. It's not required playing, so much as fairly essential knowledge for the era (which you can glean from other books or Wookieepedia anyway).
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am realitivley new to the EU Universe of Star Wars, only watched the movies countless time of course but I decided to dive into the EU because I need more Material so I have to stick to novels and graphic novels. Has anyone read the Darth Bane Trilogy? I am currently at the first novel and I have to see I am pleasently surprised I never read a book that fast! I really like the characters, especially Ka'sim ... but well and General Hoth, has he got more appearances in the next two Bane Novels and the Tales of a Jedi? Too bad we never will get movies around that time... oh.. and Bane is really bad... I think the mentioned Sith Revan is the same Revan with his own novel? and he does appear in the KotR Games, is he not? I don't play so I will only stick to books and graphic novels, but I can read the books as well without playing the games, right?
      My personal opinion, the Darth Bane novels are some of the best of the Old Republic era. I won't spoil them for you but you are in for some suprises.
      Last edited by mandogater; 21 February 2012, 08:52 PM.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Man, like the fourth time I've linked this for you Unlikely that anyone should live thousands of years!
        Fourth time? Really? sorry, man. I don't play computer games so it's really unlikely that I begin to play it now, so I'll only stick to the movies, clone wars, books and graphic novels.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X