PDA

View Full Version : Should 'Miracle Day' have worked?

Archaeis
February 11th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Regardless of whatever influence the morphic field may have over humanity, Jack immortality was an effect of the time vortex itself, one of the most powerful forces in the DW universe. The Doctor said it made him a fixed point in time. Though he had to be biologically "alive" for this to happen, there was nothing inherently biological about the immortality.

So, I guess 2 questions:

1) Should the morphic field be able to overwrite something as overwhelmingly powerful as the time vortex?

2) How could Jack's blood have caused any of it when this trait wasn't biological, but caused by space-time?

cosmichobo
February 12th, 2012, 05:08 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about... other than to say yes, what was done to Jack is not biological...

And I think I'm glad I don't know... :)

Billz
February 12th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Torchwood + american TV station throwing money at the BBC = PLOTHOLES!!! :p

cosmichobo
February 12th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Torchwood + american TV station throwing money at the BBC = PLOTHOLES!!! :p

There is I think a featurette on the telemovie DVD, with Jo Wright from the BBC talking about the collaborative efforts with Fox/Universal on making the telemovie... Sounded like a complete nightmare... Don't imagine things have changed since 1996.

Ian-S
February 16th, 2012, 07:18 PM
American TV station throwing money at Russell T Davies = PLOTHOLES!!! :p

I corrected that for you :)
When Davies walked out on the BBC, he should have left Torchwood alone too, this is what happens when you have spinoffs and the instigator of itt takes his new toys to another network and leaves his old toys with the original one.