Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Han never shot first, everyone just saw it wrong (for 25 years)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Han never shot first, everyone just saw it wrong (for 25 years)

http://movies.ign.com/articles/121/1218385p1.html

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Really?

Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
      Really?
      yes, really. Either way Han is bad*** because he walked out and Greedo didn't.

Comment

It's too funny to read the comments!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Oh dear...
          sigpic

Comment

Den of Geek steps in
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wow just wow.
              1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
              5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
              6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Ahh George, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Mind you I've seen some entitled people on the net say that "he can't do this, Star Wars doesn't belong to him", which is of course rubbish. He's the creator of the saga, he's free to do what he likes to it.

Of course I'm free to think that George Lucas is now one of the worst film makers ever, and has completed his slide into total stupidity. Honestly watching some Redlettermedia stuff, they point out it's almost like obsessive compulsive disorder, he always makes little changes to every rerelease, he can't leave the films alone, nothings ever perfect for him.

Comment

I just don't get why he is so insistent that han shot last. I mean sure, even if he originally intended was that way, the fact that he shot first made his character that much richer and more interesting. Far more so than any of the other characters. Yet he now wants all of his main characters to be swashbuckling heroes which, in han's case, ignores his background.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I think he's just trolling fans now to be honest. It can't be a coincidence that 3D Episode I is coming out and once again he says something to rile up the fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone has done a slow motion, frame by frame video showing that Han did infact shoot first. Even the actual dialogue shows that Han shot first, with his "over my dead body" comment.

sigpic

Comment

You know most sensible people in George's position would be happy to just sit back and let the cash from all the toys and lunchboxes roll in.

I mean why does he even care about things like this? About something that happened in a 3 second scene in a movie he made in the 1970s. It really does seem like an OCD thing.

The Han Solo character made and continues to make him a fortune, why try to **** with it 30 years after the fact? Why not just leave it alone as is and let people think they saw whatever they wanted so he can sell more lunchboxes?

Comment

I never understood this Han shot him in coild blood or George Lucas need to make Greedo shoot first so Han isn't seen as cold blooded killer. I always thought Han read Greedo's face etc and had faster reflexes and pulled the trigger a hair faster than Greedo did. Isn't that the way of the old west - the faster gunslinger stays alive. Doesn't make him/it a better worse being just the one left standing.

Once you release a movie out to the public, people are going to interpret it a million different ways. But George seems to want to insist that people see it the way he intended now and no other way. If it was so important that Greedo shot 1st then why wasn't that in the original cut?
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I've read up on the subject matter and this isn't nothing new (the whole Greedo shot first thing to make Han seem less cold-blooded.) The confirmation from George Lucas is and it's surprising that he's still revising history. I mean sure, I can understand (somewhat, I can't understand most of the things Lucas does) but Han Solo was a ruthless bounty hunter and we don't need a shot of Greedo shooting first to show he's not cold blooded. Like thunderstorm said, the reflexes are indicative of the fact that he was about to pull the trigger; that's indicative of both Han is cold-blooded and Han is just defending himself, it serves both interpretations well.

Personally I don't care much about the controversy but if I had to chose, Han shot first.
                          Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                            I never understood this Han shot him in coild blood or George Lucas need to make Greedo shoot first so Han isn't seen as cold blooded killer. I always thought Han read Greedo's face etc and had faster reflexes and pulled the trigger a hair faster than Greedo did. Isn't that the way of the old west - the faster gunslinger stays alive. Doesn't make him/it a better worse being just the one left standing.

Once you release a movie out to the public, people are going to interpret it a million different ways. But George seems to want to insist that people see it the way he intended now and no other way. If it was so important that Greedo shot 1st then why wasn't that in the original cut?
                            ^That. I never saw Han as a horrible cold-blooded killer for shooting first. It's not like he just randomly walked up to Greedo and shot him. Han knew he was in trouble with Jabba, and that Greedo was there to collect. I just figured that Han shot first, because if he didn't, Han knew that Greedo would have. It really did remind me of old west gunslingers in a bar(saloon, whatever lol).

I suppose now, it's more kid friendy if Greedo shoots first, since it's easier to understand the bad guy shooting first, and kids are the ones who beg mommy and daddy to buy the toys. Mommy and daddy might not want their child watching something in which the hero isn't absolutely heroic(because they might actually have to explain something to their kid) so .... yeah Geedo shot first and Han was just defending himself.

Either that or Lucas has OCD.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                              Either that or Lucas has OCD.
                              A little from Column A, a little from Column B....

Comment

Working...
                              X