• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End of All Things (414)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    THE END OF ALL THINGS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 414

As David Robert Jones tortures Nina in order to activate Olivia's abilities, Peter realizes that the only way to find her is to enter the mind of the rogue Observer called "September."

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 April 2015, 11:48 AM.

haha well that just threw everything up in the air again

I had a feeling that the Nina who's who wasn't so simple, wonder who she is really

and now 4 weeks

Comment

Loved it. Now to settle down for a month of waiting...
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It kind of answered who the Observers are, though still in a pretty vague manner. I was hoping we'd get some more info from the Observer but in true Fringe fashion they didn't reveal more than what was needed.

The Nina switch was interesting, I knew it wouldn't be that simple. Could the Nina that is working for Jones be from the alternate universe? Or did they find a way to alter the shape shifting. We already saw that Alternate Broyles is working for Jones.
        sigpic

Comment

Looks like both Nina's are working for Jones, either that or Jones worked out how to clone someone without killing the host (because wasn't there also a Nina locked up at the FBI while they were torturing her?).

Home obviously means the AltUniverse for Peter, but I wonder how long it's going to be before he realises he is actually in the right timeline, and that history was re-written around him, September pretty much told him that was what had happened.

Comment

What an amazing episode. At last, some concrete answers about the Observers. This month-long wait for the next new episode is definitely going to be torture.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm a bit concerned about the future of Fringe after this episode. It's not like Abrams to offer answers unless the series is about to be cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                I'm a bit concerned about the future of Fringe after this episode. It's not like Abrams to offer answers unless the series is about to be cancelled.
                Gah Don't say that, Quickly edit your post !!!
                Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                  Excellent episode...and yes things were answered...but new questions were made as well. So...there ya go!
                  sigpic

Comment

I ended up watching 4 Fringe episodes back to back yesterday, so hope I won't get them mixed up when posting...

Anyway - I really enjoyed this episode. I liked how it gave at least a partial explanation of quite a few elements from previous seasons, and I enjoyed how some of them were 'classic', recognisable sci-fi explanations.

First - the Observers as scientists - I loved this. I was constantly afraid we'd get some airy-fairy supernatural 'explanation' of them, but this just suited their behaviour perfectly - taking notes, watching from afar, not interfering.

Second - the Observers as visitors from the far future - this made so much sense! The "look, don't touch" non-interference thing is such a common time-travel trope, I feel like an idiot for not guessing it sooner. And it makes the other Observers' reactions make much more sense - September's mistake may have terrible consequences for their own future. (Particularly as they always go to view 'significant' events, so any changes could naturally have a more 'significant' effect. Unlike the lass from season...um...3? that August gave his life for...though I need to give that more thought.)

Third - September's mistake in being seen by Walternate. Somehow I'd never given the right significance to this. The whole problem of the 2 universes being in danger, the holes in the alt-universe, all the major problems in the show go back to this one point - which was really just an example of human error. (In the full sense of the word, given the Observers 'were' human!) It gives another facet to whose fault this really is - even given Walter's mistakes, the dominoes didn't actually start with him.

I have another point, but I think it bleeds into the next episode, so I'll pop over there with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                      Third - September's mistake in being seen by Walternate. Somehow I'd never given the right significance to this. The whole problem of the 2 universes being in danger, the holes in the alt-universe, all the major problems in the show go back to this one point - which was really just an example of human error. (In the full sense of the word, given the Observers 'were' human!) It gives another facet to whose fault this really is - even given Walter's mistakes, the dominoes didn't actually start with him.

I have another point, but I think it bleeds into the next episode, so I'll pop over there with it!
                      Very good point, but as always you are responsible for your own actions. While yes, things were complicated by September's interference. Walter played his part and feels remorse for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                        Very good point, but as always you are responsible for your own actions. While yes, things were complicated by September's interference. Walter played his part and feels remorse for it.
                        Oh definitely! Walter is far from guiltless in this...

What I think gives it an extra dimension though (I'll see if I can put my thoughts clearly) is that Walter seemed to believe that it was his action that started the whole thing. He didn't even know who September was, or why he had distracted Walternate, he *definitely* didn't know at that point about the Observers whole non-interference policy and that this was a major error on September's part. So to Walter, the imminent destruction of two universes lay square on his own shoulders.

We now know that that's not entirely true. (Though I'm not sure if Walter knows it yet! I don't think he does.)

It also seems as though September - not maliciously, mind you - has used Walter to try to fix his own mistake, making Walter a [willing!] pawn in a much bigger game.

Comment

Working...
                        X