SG1 with original SG Movie Cast ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 with original SG Movie Cast ?

What would SG-1 be like if they kept the original cast i.e. Kurt Russel, James Spader, John Diehl, Leon Rippy and so on. so what would it be like?
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

A lot less funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
      A lot less funny.
      This.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

i don't think it would have been as good.
        sigpic

Comment

I like Kurt Russell, but I preferred RDA's interpretation of the character Jack O'Neill. And while I do adore James Spader (he was so fantastic in Boston Legal and I really did like how he played Daniel in the film, I don't think he could have brought about the character changes and development that Michael Shanks did.

I will say that I liked how they kept the original actors for Kasuf and Skaara around and I wish, wish, WISH they could've done the same with Sha'uri. Of course there's also the writers to blame there, but I don't know, I just wasn't all that fond of the series' actress. Also I think it's funny how in COTG at one point you hear Alexis Cruz (Skaara) (correctly, perhaps, lol) pronounce her name as it was in the movie.

It's not my only gripe with actor/actress changes in SG-1, though. I liked "Bloodlines" Drey'auc considerably better than the actress who played her in "Family" and "Threshold" - but Tony Amendola was there in all cases so that automatically makes everything okay. Because he's so bra'tac.
          /fangirl

I suppose that's another thing, though. With the original cast, we may have never gotten Sam Carter or Teal'c! And that would be awful! SG-1 without Teal'c is no SG-1, aha. After all, who was the only one there pretty much all the time, all ten seasons..?

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
            What would SG-1 be like if they kept the original cast i.e. Kurt Russel, James Spader, John Diehl, Leon Rippy and so on. so what would it be like?
            Kurt Russell and James Spader never would have signed on to the series. What would it be like? I can't imagine for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
              And while I do adore James Spader (he was so fantastic in Boston Legal and I really did like how he played Daniel in the film
              i loved him as 'Robert California' on the office US and from memory Mili Avital played Sha're in the 1994 film
              sigpic
              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Would of been different in terms of feel and content but it'd still be a cult series; we wouldn't have much in terms of different characters, different races, theoretical science, Stargate facts but we would have some sci-fi adventures for 3-4 seasons.
                Back from the grave.

Comment

I will say that I liked how they kept the original actors for Kasuf and Skaara around and I wish, wish, WISH they could've done the same with Sha'uri. Of course there's also the writers to blame there, but I don't know, I just wasn't all that fond of the series' actress. Also I think it's funny how in COTG at one point you hear Alexis Cruz (Skaara) (correctly, perhaps, lol) pronounce her name as it was in the movie.

It's not my only gripe with actor/actress changes in SG-1, though. I liked "Bloodlines" Drey'auc considerably better than the actress who played her in "Family" and "Threshold" - but Tony Amendola was there in all cases so that automatically makes everything okay. Because he's so bra'tac.
                  /fangirl
                  I actually think for the most part the reason for them changing actresses may have been a money issue (in Milli Avatal's(I think that's her name) case) and maybe a time/interest thing in Sally Richardson's case. If I remember right Sally Richardson may have had some other projects and things and it seems like her original airing was one of those one episode "guest spot" deals. On an interesting note however, the actress that played Sha're in the series originally auditioned to play Shau'ri in the movie, so to quote one of my favorite episode titles "There But For The Grace of God", we could actually have gotten all three of them (Shau'ri, Skaara, and Kasuf) as the same roles for both the series and the film, that is if Vaitiare Bandera didn't do what Milli Avatal did and only signed on for the movie.

Comment

I like Kurt Russell, but I preferred RDA's interpretation of the character Jack O'Neill.
                    The absence of Russell was the main reason I didn't watch SG1 at first. I just couldn't stand MacGyver trying to replace the mighty Kurt. However in the end the series became a different beast and I started loving for what it is.
                    But people who said that it would've been 'less funny' with Russell instead of RDA clearly haven't seen Big Trouble In Little China So I have to disagree there.

I will say that I liked how they kept the original actors for Kasuf and Skaara around and I wish, wish, WISH they could've done the same with Sha'uri.
                    Yes, this is still something I can't live with. The girl in SG1 is not even a mere shadow of Mili Avital.
                    History, Metal & SciFi !

Comment

Working...
                    X