Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do you think of the actor behind McKay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what do you think of the actor behind McKay?

Your opinion change in any way?
    Back from the grave.

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    What do you mean? David Hewlett is the most talented actor on tv!
    sigpic
    "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

I'm a bit confused by the question as to why my opinion of David Hewlett would change? He always does a good job with his characters.
      sigpic

Comment

I've only ever seen him as MacKay, and in the beginning I didn't actually like him, I later became a fan. So I guess there is a change in that.
        sigpic

Comment

no change, I've liked him since his first appearance on SG-1

Comment

You can't really judge an actor on one role alone, so I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to see him in other stuff in very different roles than McKay. David Hewlett is a great actor. Might not like every single one of his characters, but I do enjoy watching him play.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I've enjoyed a few of his other roles, but he will always be Rodney in my eyes.

Comment

I have no opinion on David Hewlett. I've not bothered to read up on the actor. From what I've seen of him in the DVD special features, he has a sense of humor and thoroughly enjoyed having a starring role in Stargate: Atlantis. Beyond that... well, he's just not an actor whom I care enough about to read up on.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                  I've enjoyed a few of his other roles, but he will always be Rodney in my eyes.
                  People chose to see actors as either the characters or the actors, there's no barrier between them.
                  Back from the grave.

Comment

Well, we kind of need a bit more than that!

Being a Canadian, I've seen him in his many movie roles (mostly Canadian for his earlier roles). And his other tv show role in Traders. Grant is a VERY different character than McKay and very well played out.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Yeah I'm not even sure what this question is asking.

McKay, I hoped would die a horrific, painful, and utterly meaningless death. Hewlett, on the other hand, is awesome.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        McKay, I hoped would die a horrific, painful, and utterly meaningless death. Hewlett, on the other hand, is awesome.
                        I think think this is why he's asking.

McKay is the type of character you'd enjoy watching being fed on by a Wraith, great at his job but too annoying at times. Hewlett on the other hand is great.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          I think think this is why he's asking.

McKay is the type of character you'd enjoy watching being fed on by a Wraith, great at his job but too annoying at times. Hewlett on the other hand is great.
                          McKay annoying? I've never found McKay to be annoying, love seeing McKay and Radek banter

Comment

although im not that fond of mckay (saw too much of him in the show) i do like david hewlett and think he is a very talented actor.
                            sigpic
                            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I've seen him in some other stuff and I wasn't all that impressed to be honest. Sorry
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X