Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened to people of Abydos after Ascension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happened to people of Abydos after Ascension?

Isn't it too bad we don't see the nice folks of Abydos after their ascension with the potential for their return to Abydos when the Goa'uld were defeated? For that matter, where was Oma Desala when the Tollans were being wiped out? Another nice race of humans who could have been saved.

And.......since SG1 was totally ascended after 10 seasons, can Oma Desala do a favor and bring them back down again? Anyone know her mailing address?

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    Isn't it too bad we don't see the nice folks of Abydos after their ascension with the potential for their return to Abydos when the Goa'uld were defeated? For that matter, where was Oma Desala when the Tollans were being wiped out? Another nice race of humans who could have been saved.

And.......since SG1 was totally ascended after 10 seasons, can Oma Desala do a favor and bring them back down again? Anyone know her mailing address?
    The show is over...I highly doubt anything on the abydosians' ascension will be said. I'm a little confused about SG-1 being ascended. I don't remember anyone from SG-1 (aside from Daniel) being ascended.,
    sigpic

Comment

...Was there an episode of SG-1 that I missed...?
      sigpic

Comment

About ascending it was a humorous comment on my part about the show ascending after 10 seasons. ;-)

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        ...Was there an episode of SG-1 that I missed...?

Comment

You know, I will say that the whole "everyone ascending all over the place" business bugged me. Couldn't we have just had a rollicking good sci-fi time without all the metaphysical stuff?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

they all asended, and that was the last time that they were shown.

i personally don't like the idea of them all asending, since it didn't really make sense and took away from the personal achievement of it. i do however love that daniel ascends twice.
            sigpic

Comment

The people of Abydos ascended and are living life the same as they ever did; just best to leave it at that.
              Back from the grave.

Comment

the Abydonians achieved ascension, something very few have. do you really think they'd give that up?

do you really think they'd return to their miserable lives with the constant threat from the goauld and such?

Comment

Ascension seemed kind of bogus to me. Daniel sure didn't make it seem like much fun.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                    You know, I will say that the whole "everyone ascending all over the place" business bugged me. Couldn't we have just had a rollicking good sci-fi time without all the metaphysical stuff?
                    I loved it as long as it was a 'purity of spirit' pseudo-Buddhist thing. Once they made it a physical eventuality (vis a vis Khalek, the Lanteans), I thought that really gutted the entire concept.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The evolutionary ascension I wasn't a fan of at all. The purity of mind and spirit aspect I did enjoy.

Comment

I was truly disappointed in how they handled the Abydos thing myself
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Oma Desalla ascended the Abydonians as a favor to Daniel Jackson. Why would Oma care about the Tollans? Is she expected to save every nice world's human population all throughout the galaxy? Are we forgetting she ascended Anubis?

Comment

The first step in ascension is to release ones burden. The Tollans might have struggled with that a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                              I disagree. I think it adds an interesting dimension to the whole storyline.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X