Dawn of the Jedi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dawn of the Jedi

So this new comic series is starting up soon. Preview issue #0 came out on the 1st of this month, and issue #1 is on shelves next week.

I'm rather looking forward to it. There's some interesting and rather Star Wars-y tantalizing even just in the preview issue.

For the uninitiated: Dawn of the Jedi is a new ongoing comic series that's set even before the birth of the Republic, 25,000 years before the films. It's set on Tython--the Jedi starting planet in The Old Republic, and tells the story of the earliest Force users in the galaxy.

Some points of interest in the Issue #0:
    • 36,000 years before the films, the mysterious Tho Yor ships scoured the galaxy, collecting Force-sensitives and bringing them back to the Force-rich world Tython. Notice anything interesting about the ships? Don't they bear a rather striking resemblance to the Mortis monolith from last year's Mortis Clone Wars trilogy?
    • there are structures on Tython which were ancient ruins when the first of the Force-sensitives arrived
    • the earliest establishment of the order of the Force wielders is the Je'daii Order
    • the Je'daii are a force neither for light nor darkness, they strive for balance in the sense that many of the EU fans have always took it to mean
    • the light and the dark are represented by Tython's two moons, Ashla and Bogan. Falling too far to the dark or the light results in exile to one of the two moons to contemplate proper balance, before being accepted back into the Order
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I bought issue #0 there are really some interesting facts and I am looking forward to this series! I decided not to buy any other star wars comics any time soon but to concentrate fully on dawn of the Jedi! After issue # 1 is released it will be released every other months, won't it?
    sigpic

Comment

They've said that it'll be "ongoing but not monthly", which me translates into just that they're not committing to monthly. Sort of a "we'll shoot for monthly but if it doesn't happen you can't say we didn't warn you" approach like they've done with the Invasion and Dark Times series.

So far though, the upcoming issues are scheduled for monthly:
      #1 -- Feb 15
      #2 -- Mar 21
      #3 -- Apr 18
      #4 -- May 16
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ok, thanks digi, it seems like I like the pre skywalker era more than the actually skywalker era but I don't know gonna start reading dark bane tomorrow, I was always interested in the old republic especially in the Sith! , digi are you reading the novels as well? Could give me were to start after the skywalker era? I mean there are more novels then for the old republic right? And they are seen as to be all canon, right?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
          Ok, thanks digi, it seems like I like the pre skywalker era more than the actually skywalker era but I don't know gonna start reading dark bane tomorrow, I was always interested in the old republic especially in the Sith! , digi are you reading the novels as well? Could give me were to start after the skywalker era? I mean there are more novels then for the old republic right? And they are seen as to be all canon, right?
          The Expanded Universe material of the Old Republic era

Comment

interesting...i might have to check this out.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm waiting for a collected graphic novel release. It sounds exciting! I comics also seem to pack more of punch than the EU novels IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                I'm waiting for a collected graphic novel release. It sounds exciting! I comics also seem to pack more of punch than the EU novels IMO.
                There's definitely something to the format that gives it an edge. I don't know whether it's that it's a very visual thing by definition (which Star Wars is definitely also), or just because of the limited span in which to tell a story (~21 pages per issue, 4-5 panels per page).

Comment

Working...
                X