Best soundtrack ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best soundtrack ever!

Does anyone else think Supernatural has by far the best soundtrack of any TV show? I am watching it for the first time, and am liking it alot, but I'm totally blown away by the soundtrack. They even had Lights Out by UFO! Other bands like Rush, Triumph, AC/DC, Kansas, BOC, etc. Not these crappy emo alternative crap bands that are on shows like Smallville and even SGU. Very well done. Other shows should take notice.

I remember in one Smallville episode, Remy Zero is playing. Pete runs up and yells "YEAH! REMY ZERO!!!"

Had any of you ever heard of Remy Zero before Smallville? Or since Smallville? lol Its about time to see real timeless rock being showcased.

There was a missed opportunity though. In the episode 'Bugs' at the very end, they were playing No One Like You by the Scorpions. They should have had a scorpion crawling across the street or something like that.
    sigpic
    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Hey Phinguver (interesting name),

Yes, this show definitely had the most awesome soundtrack ever! And I don't just mean Dean's cassette tape collection. I even have a few of the songs on my iPod to put me in the Supernatural mood.

I've never heard of Remy Zero. Didn't watch much Smallville, even though I like the show.

Not so sure about the scorpion thing though. IMHO, a bee would have been more fitting since Dean and Sam are besieged by a swarm of bees in the episode.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

^^^

Well, they played a Scorpions song leading out of Bugs, so that's why I thought it would be cool to actually see a scorpion crawling across.

And Remy Zero is the band who plays the Somebody Save Me theme song that opens each episode...they may have changed it. I stopped watching during season 7. Seems like Smallville jumped the shark somewhere in there.

Look at my profile pic, and it will explain my user name.
      sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Do you know which song they playing in every season finale or beginning with "the road so far" I love this sequence every time and they are playing a great song I just don't know which one.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
          Do you know which song they playing in every season finale or beginning with "the road so far" I love this sequence every time and they are playing a great song I just don't know which one.
          Its Carry On My Wayward Son, by Kansas. Fantastic song.

Comment

The next episode's sequence they did was Fight the Good Fight by Triumph. Another great song.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
              ^^^

Well, they played a Scorpions song leading out of Bugs, so that's why I thought it would be cool to actually see a scorpion crawling across.
              I got that.

And Remy Zero is the band who plays the Somebody Save Me theme song that opens each episode...they may have changed it. I stopped watching during season 7. Seems like Smallville jumped the shark somewhere in there.
              Ah, okay. And, no, they didn't change it.

Look at my profile pic, and it will explain my user name.
              Thought so. I don't mean to be a pain in the arse, but, it's spelled wrong. Unless you did that on purpose? MacGyver... no "u".
              Spoiler:
              Sorry, being a HUGE fan of MacGyver (I have all 7 seasons on DVD) I get really irked when I see someone spelling his name wrong...adding that darn "u" just bugs me. Specially when they are a fan themselves...they should know how to spell his name. Please don't take offense as none is meant. I'm not angry or mad or anything, just irked...in a good way.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

lol...I didnt even realize that! And I know my pic of RDA is from Stargate. But, I was a an of Macgyver when it was on. I honestly have no idea how I came up with that name. lol

I get irked when Dolphins fans call them the 'Fins' for the same reason. There's no F in Dolphins! lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                  lol...I didnt even realize that!
                  Heh.

And I know my pic of RDA is from Stargate.
                  That doesn't matter. He'll always be Mac to me.

But, I was a fan of Macgyver when it was on. I honestly have no idea how I came up with that name. lol
                  Well, it's a good name. Combines two things you are a fan of. Wish I could be that creative!

I get irked when Dolphins fans call them the 'Fins' for the same reason. There's no F in Dolphins! lol
                  You know, I'm not a Dolphins fan but...that irks me just the same. Take some pride in your team and get it right!

Another great song heard on the show, in S5's "Swap Meat" is Bob Seger's Rock and Roll Never Forgets. Heat Of The Moment by Asia in S3's "Mystery Spot". Eye Of The Tiger, if you've seen "Yellow Fever" you'll understand why. Then of course there's AC/DC's Back in Black heard in the Pilot, and You Shook Me All Night Long in last nights episode "The Slice Girls".

You can find lists for all the songs used on the show, by season, here.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

I'm 4 episodes into season 2. I'm glad they keep on with the good old songs.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh my God they just used Stonehenge by Spinal Tap. LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X