Republic of Doyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Republic of Doyle

As far as I can tell no one has posted about this show yet!

So I don't know how many Canadians there are kickin' round here but I wanted to make a place for some of us to chat about the awesome show Republic of Doyle, starring hottie Allan Hawco, and set in beautiful Newfoundland. Non-Canadians welcome also!!!

So just to be clear I have on just recently gotten hooked on this show thanks for Netflix. I know its a few seasons in but I think its never too early to start a good chat. I would love to hear what others have to say about the show. I personally LOVE IT!
    sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
    Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
    GateCon Vancouver 2011
    Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

I've only seen a few eps of S1 and loved it. Being in the States, I can't get it and I can't afford Netflix or I'd be caught up by now.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

That's too bad. Is Netflix more expensive in the US. Its only 8$ a month here.

Glad you like the show at least We Canadians sure do love our Newfies!!
      sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
      Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
      GateCon Vancouver 2011
      Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
        As far as I can tell no one has posted about this show yet!

So I don't know how many Canadians there are kickin' round here but I wanted to make a place for some of us to chat about the awesome show Republic of Doyle, starring hottie Allan Hawco, and set in beautiful Newfoundland. Non-Canadians welcome also!!!

So just to be clear I have on just recently gotten hooked on this show thanks for Netflix. I know its a few seasons in but I think its never too early to start a good chat. I would love to hear what others have to say about the show. I personally LOVE IT!
        Well I don't know that I'll actually be hanging around to chat about it, but I gotta say that I certainly noticed when your thread subject appeared this morning.
        Fun show...my son is a big fan. I get a kick out of seeing which big name in the Canadian acting community shows up next,lol.
        Wouldn't say a 'few' seasons in...the new one is probably the third. Did you see the season opener with Russell Crowe?
        Funniest line is from the first season where someone comments to Doyle about another characters state of mind and Doyle says "oh don't mind him, he's from Gander"...which is kinda like me saying "oh don't mind him, he's from Toronto."
        sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
        http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
          That's too bad. Is Netflix more expensive in the US. Its only 8$ a month here.

Glad you like the show at least We Canadians sure do love our Newfies!!
          No it's not any more expensive but I just don't have a spare $8 to have for Netflix.

I'm partial to one Newfie who (icon & sig image) was in a S1 eps as Stacy Laden.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X