• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Better Human Being (413)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    A BETTER HUMAN BEING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 413

After a mental patient appears to witness a murder without being present at the crime scene, Olivia and Peter suspect that he has a telepathic connection to the killers. Walter grows suspicious that Massive Dynamic may have reverse-engineered Cortexiphan.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 April 2015, 11:44 AM.

Verrrrrry interesting!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Arg!
      I hate cliff hanger endings like that.
      So it appears that Nina might have been replaced by one of the new shape shifters.
      It will be interesting to see how this is resolved.
      The wait for next weeks episode will be very agonizing.
      "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

Wow, didnt think I would be that spot on.
        Sorry, but I really enjoy when I guessed right.

So now things are getting interresting. Its funny that Peter still doesnt make the connection that he has been erased and there is no other Timeline where he should be. Whats going on with Olivia is pretty much proof of that. Her natural ability made it possible for her Brain to pick up the remnants from the old Olivia, that simply doesnt exist anymore, when they were back in Westfield.

I stick to my fear that this cant end well. If we know something from the Fringe Universe, then that one cannot handle more than one set of Memories in their Brain or it breaks down. Soon we will see a struggle between old Olivias Memories and the new ones.

I dont really understand though why Walter was blaming Peter for what was going on with Olivia? Her ability is nowhere related to what he described.

Originally posted by Lucario View Post
        Arg!
        I hate cliff hanger endings like that.
        So it appears that Nina might have been replaced by one of the new shape shifters.
        It will be interesting to see how this is resolved.
        The wait for next weeks episode will be very agonizing.
        As for Nina Sharp. I am not sure, but didnt Nina always have a glove that covered her complete Hand? I need to check earlier Seasons where they had the glove off, but I thought the Fingers where mechanical too and didnt have skin. Besides that she cant be a Shapeshifter. They just appeared recently and had that flaw that made them kind of useless. Nina on the other Hand must have been switched before that, so that basicly just leaves us with a Clone or Altnina.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Spoiler:
          Well; there's still hope for the universe to be right but Olivia's cortexiphan being the source of her memory returning is interesting, like she's remembering something that isn't supposed to happen; I can't wait to see what happens next.

Also Olivia and Nina Sharp locked up in a room, I can't wait for next week!
          Back from the grave.

Comment

I wonder if every since Peter told that guy that he knows him. He has been trying to find a way to remember what Peter knows & Olivia was simply the test subject ?

Comment

Almost forgot to mention, the way the case was wrapped up was Anticlimactic in my opinion; though in the case of the Peter and Olivia plot, it's forgiven somewhat.
              Back from the grave.

Comment

very interesting

seems like cortexiphan sort of works between universes in more ways than one, creating a sort of shared identity I guess

I don't think Nina is a shape shifter because as tomstone said, no funky skin, unless she was replaced more recently

I'm thinking she might just be an alternate version of herself, its possible since it seems that Mr Jones seems to know a lot more than he should, especially after watching the preview for the next episode

I do think Peter is suspecting that he was just erased from the timeline and is where he is supposed to be though, Walter seemed a bit annoyed though because he was comparing it to him crossing over to get Peter

can't wait until next weeks episode though ha, also begs the question that since Olivia remembers because of the cortexiphan, might be unlikely that everyone else goes back to normal

Comment

Anyone think that the modified IVF humans have any connection to the Observers?

This season seems to be expanding on them slightly, Neil Chung's advanced maths allowing him to perceive the future (and the past) displays the Observer's ability to perceive time in the same way. And the way that the Observers seem to act uniformly to achieve their aims seems to bare similarities with the eusocial nature of the modified humans. Granted, the Observers haven't displayed any telepathic powers that I'm aware of, but the modified humans only seemed to have a shared-pool of thoughts, rather than direct mind-reading.

Also, the batch of subjects that Dr. Owen Frank created numbered around 10~ (Sean said he could hear about 8 to 9 voices), so that could be similar to the number of Observers (If they take their name from the months, August, September, December, July & March, then that would imply there is around 12 of them, and 10 were visable in the final scene of Season 3, outside Liberty island, with August having possibly died ). Not suggesting that they modified humans are the Observers, but that 8~12 is a similar range, possibly a maximum number that can possess a eusocial function.

I think I might just be reading too much into it. The lack of conclusion when it came to the modified IVF humans, with only two-three being arrested at the end, when Sean said there were about 9~ voices was left hanging a bit, although possibly not all of them were engaging in those acts of violence? Were the killers of Dr Frank the same individuals who attacked Olivia & Peter? Hopefully they make a reappearance, but I doubt it. I'm still wondering what is to come of the numerous Tylers (the mind-controlling kid) at the end of 'Of Human Action' in Season 2, that were in storage in Massive Dynamic. I guess it was just to show the questionable, over-reaching capabilities of Massive Dynamic, rather than set up another plot point.

Comment

#FRINGE held a 1.1 rating in 18-49's but dropped to 2,992,000 viewers.

In a full week of falling ratings across the board Fringe manage to hold on to its 18-49 demo, which, given what's been going on this week is impressive. And 13 episodes in and it hasn't fallen below that like a certain poster on TVBTN thought it would by now

Comment

THE HAND WAS REAL! I knew she wasn't our Nina!, so is she AltNina, or CloneNina?

Oh and, was the person in the cell at the end of the episode the real Nina? AltNina, or CloneNina?

So many Ninas!

Another thought, the Nina in the cell at the end must be the original Nina, because presumably the three scenes are playing out concurrently, with Peter stuck at the Petrol station and Lincoln, Walter and Alt/CloneNina at Massive Dynamics.

I love the way Walter drunk the vile to verify what was in it, typical scientist.

Another thing I noticed, I think the same thing (remembering) is happening to Walter too, in this series so far, I've never seen him make himself honey tea (he used to quiet regularly in Series 1-3 iirc), and in this episode they showed him making it, then after he'd poured in the honey, he seem to pause, as if thinking to himself, "WTF did I just do that for?, I hate Honey Tea....!"

Is Fringe now on holiday for a few weeks?
                      Last edited by Ian-S; 18 February 2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                        Another thing I noticed, I think the same thing (remembering) is happening to Walter too, in this series so far, I've never seen him make himself honey tea (he used to quiet regularly in Series 1-3 iirc), and in this episode they showed him making it, then after he'd poured in the honey, he seem to pause, as if thinking to himself, "WTF did I just do that for?, I hate Honey Tea....!"
                        I thought that was, because it was his Eureka moment. Pooring the content of the Bears head into one collective pool. Though I like your explanation better.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Another really strong episode. Man, Peter and Olivia just can't catch a break at all.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

THE HAND WAS REAL! I knew she wasn't our Nina!, so is she AltNina, or CloneNina?

Oh and, was the person in the cell at the end of the episode the real Nina? AltNina, or CloneNina?

So many Ninas!

Another thought, the Nina in the cell at the end must be the original Nina, because presumably the three scenes are playing out concurrently, with Peter stuck at the Petrol station and Lincoln, Walter and Alt/CloneNina at Massive Dynamics.

I love the way Walter drunk the vile to verify what was in it, typical scientist.

Is Fringe now on holiday for a few weeks?
                            Nope. ''The End of All Things'' airs next week then it's on a three week break and coming back with eight straight episodes.

Comment

I thought it fairly clear that the Nina in the cell was Blue Nina.

But the devious one I'm not so sure about. My initial reaction was that we'd finally met Red Nina, but the more I think about it the more I'm wondering if she's one of Mr Jones's shapeshifters. But then that would make Jones the Big Bad of the season, and that doesn't quite seem to fit either.

I guess we'll have to wait and see
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X