third earth stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

third earth stargate?

What ever happened to that gate abord apophisis ship in serpants layer, should it not be on earth or have crashed in to earth or somthing? i don't know if this is already a subject, i couldn't find it. we know gates can servive re entrey, so its not destroyed. post ideas here

It's possible that its at the bottom of an ocean, or it could have gone the other way and been shot further into space. In my eyes the gate drifting through space is more likely.

Comment

I'd say it's likely somewhere off in space between earth and mars or in the asteroid belt.

Comment

I think it was sold off on eBay!!

Comment

probably bought by the chinese

Comment

Actually I think I bought it off Amazon ... discounted too!
            This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

Originally posted by Todd the prior View Post
              What ever happened to that gate abord apophisis ship in serpants layer, should it not be on earth or have crashed in to earth or somthing? i don't know if this is already a subject, i couldn't find it. we know gates can servive re entrey, so its not destroyed. post ideas here
              They didn't use the "stargate surviving re-entry" idea until well after that so my guess is that the producers hadn't thought of it yet at that particular time/episode and we are just supposed to assume it was destroyed in the explosion.
              Last edited by terminator; 27 January 2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I'd have to say that it's either on Earth or floating around in space. Either way, I didn't think much about it. If it did reenter earth it would be unlikely that it would be destroyed, seeing as how those Stargates are pretty much invincible to any damage except for tons of additional energy being fed through it.
                Back from the grave.

Comment

wasn't it destroyed when the ship was destroyed? (obviously after daniel used it.)
                  sigpic

Comment

The stargate was destroyed along with both pyramid ships. Granted, this was back before the stargates were depicted as near indestructible. Lots of TV shows have early episodes that don't match up with later episodes. I'd just dismiss it as nothing more than that.

Comment

I'm sure that if the gate survived the destruction of Thor's ship in "Nemesis", that the gate in "Serpent's Lair" could just as easily have survived and been floating around somewhere in space, with the blast shoving it away from earth. Just because it is never mentioned again, doesn't mean it was destroyed. Given the amount of energy required to actually destroy a gate, we can't even be sure the gate was destroyed in "Redemption" in Season 6; just that there was an enormous explosion seen from fighter jets tracking Jack and the death glider.

Comment

on thors ship their wasnt an explosion so it doesnt make much sense using it against the gate from apophis' ship. We have seen before that a gate can be destoyed from an explosion but i doubt the ship explosion would destroy a gate since the gate in the episode with jack when he gets stranded was hit by a meteor. so it could be in space somewhere or it could have landed on another planet in our solar system

Comment

Ya'll are missing the part where the producers and writers hadn't established how indestructible a stargate would be when "The Serpent's Lair" was produced. Up until that episode, stargates had only been buried. We're to infer that the episode featured the first time a stargate was destroyed on the show. The stargate's extreme durability would not be established until 3-17 "A Hundred Days."

As for the Antarctic stargate that was destroyed in "Redemption, Part 2," it's destroyed as well. You realize that the explosion was the stargate detonating from building up too much energy, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            As for the Antarctic stargate that was destroyed in "Redemption, Part 2," it's destroyed as well. You realize that the explosion was the stargate detonating from building up too much energy, right?
                            I think everybody knows that, what they're talking about is general explosions/general impact; which the third Stargate would be able to withstand mainly because there's barely any energy in an explosion. (energy that could be used to cause something similar to what you mentioned that is.)
                            Back from the grave.

Comment

I've already explained this twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X