This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarcs & goa'uld biology question

I need someone to refresh my memory regarding the rules & regs of a goa'uld host becoming pregnant. Also, would she be able to use a sarc, or would that risk damaging the fetus?

Remember, the child of a union of two hosts is strictly forbidden by Goa'uld law. The offspring would be a Harcesis, with the genetic memory of the symbotes, but no Goold. Theorictically it would be dangerous to the Goa'uld empire.

As for the sarc...what would it do? It just fixes people. Would it just treat it as another body? If you're asking these for a fan fic, then come up with something creative as an answer.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
      As for the sarc...what would it do? It just fixes people. Would it just treat it as another body? If you're asking these for a fan fic, then come up with something creative as an answer.
      Well, it COULD treat the fetus as a tumor or "foreign" growth of some kind and absorb it back into the body or something. I'm hoping not, though.

And I'm not talking about a harceisis. Could be something worse, depending on who(m) you ask. But when Sha're was pregnant, didn't Amaunet have to "sleep" at some point or risk injury to the baby? I think that would be too far along to be of concern to my fic, but I wanted to check.

Comment

Amaunet had to relinquish her control of Amaunet and go dormant or the child would have been damaged. When the Horus Guard arrived she woke up in a panic and Amaunet immediately went into labour. We can make a rough guess then that an active symbiote would unconsciously reject the child as a drain on its resources.

If it's for a fic, then this could kick in as early or as late in the term as you liked. Likewise, the sarcophagus could do pretty much whatever you liked to a foetus. It could cause it to be reabsorbed into the mother's body, rejected outright, or it could induce accelerated development if that suited you. Psychologically, it could remove at a very early stage any kind of 'higher' instinct, leaving the child cold and innately cruel.

Physiologically, the effects could be just as variable, and just as long lasting: The neonatal exposure to the healing effect could leave the child with a rapid healing factor, render them virtually immortal, or conversely leave them aging at a rapidly accelerated rate. They could be born with an addiction to the sarcophagus, a complete physical dependency, or an immunity to the psychological side-effects of further exposure.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

OK, as long as there's no set timeframe on the "interfering with the fetus" thing, I think it'll work out for my purposes. Thanks for helping clarify for me.

Comment

It's one of those things where thye haven't really said, so why not just go nuts with it. According to Teal'c, Goa'uld bering human offspring at all is pretty rare, so even they might not be sure.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr Prophet
              If it's for a fic, then this could kick in as early or as late in the term as you liked. Likewise, the sarcophagus could do pretty much whatever you liked to a foetus. It could cause it to be reabsorbed into the mother's body, rejected outright, or it could induce accelerated development if that suited you. Psychologically, it could remove at a very early stage any kind of 'higher' instinct, leaving the child cold and innately cruel.

Physiologically, the effects could be just as variable, and just as long lasting: The neonatal exposure to the healing effect could leave the child with a rapid healing factor, render them virtually immortal, or conversely leave them aging at a rapidly accelerated rate. They could be born with an addiction to the sarcophagus, a complete physical dependency, or an immunity to the psychological side-effects of further exposure.[/QUOTE]

There's some good story ideas in there. It would be interesting if TPTB choose to explore something like that.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Working...
              X