PDA

View Full Version : George Lucas is retiring

Rawtheran
January 21st, 2012, 04:30 PM
http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/George_Lucas_To_Retire_143109.asp

It is official that George Lucas will retire permanently from the big movie buisness after Red Tails, and the completion of the Indiania Jones 5 movie. He is also stated to retire from the Star Wars Universe. Thank you George for sharing with us a great adventure, and the best sci-fi show of all time.

DigiFluid
January 21st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah, like it was official the last five times....

ZRFTS
January 21st, 2012, 05:54 PM
Eh. I wouldn't blame him, he tried to create a prequel trilogy but the critics tore into it with such brevity. They do have a point do, in the fact that most of them just don't feel like Star Wars films and have obvious holes in them that can't be avoided. I would of liked to see how future Star Wars films would of turned out but it'd be best to just retire.

Hope your retirement goes well George.

SaberBlade
January 22nd, 2012, 06:09 AM
Is it really retiring if he's going back to arthouse films?

Not really sure he'd retire fully. I know he's did few things outside Star Wars and Indy, but nothing that I'd really consider him a full time writer, director, producer outside Star Wars/Indy which doesn't happen very often.

Skydiver
January 22nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
We'll see. He was a visionary and did some wonderful things. Can't deny that he got a bit too self-indulgent in my opinion but that doesn't change all the great stuff he did.

Hope he enjoys his retirement