The Bark Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bark Side

I must say, if they were trained to do that rather than clever editing, I'm impressed.

sigpic

I'd like to believe they were trained too. If you look at the dogs faces, they all seem to be looking in different directions; probably toward their trainers. When the last dog walked in front, the dogs occluded by it no longer barked.

One of the things performance dogs are taught is to bark on command, and perhaps they trained the dogs to make slightly different barks and howls. Each trainer probably acted as a musician/conductor. So I suppose it's possible, and this is makes the advert enjoyable!

Comment

it is likely a composition of individual dogs barking, turned into a single video.

check the lowest, leftmost dog. in the first minute or so, check it's head. it makes a few weird movements.

EDIT:

yes it most definitely is composed. just replay it a few times and keep your eyes trained on 1 dog per replay. the lower left dog has some weird movements, the second-to-last left middle dog barely moves, barking nearly exactly the same every time. the leftmost middle dog does nothing at all.

so yes, it's quite a nice piece of editing and composing. but it was most definitely extensively edited and modified, likely altering the pitch etc of each bark to make it sound like Star Wars.

still, excellent find!
      Last edited by thekillman; 20 January 2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

love it
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah saw this on Youtube a couple days ago it was really cool how they get those dogs to do that even if it was with a computer.
          1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
          5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
          6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Working...
          X