Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam vs Jack

are you a Cameron guy/girl or a Jack guy/girl and why
    im a Cameron guy because of his leadership skills, his quick thinking and his resemblance to John Sheppard
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
    im a Cameron guy because of his leadership skills, his quick thinking and his resemblance to John Sheppard
    Cameron was a cardboard kind of character...

Comment

Jack all the way. He's not scared to make the hard decisions, his sarcastic sense of humour....And he's hot

I actually preferred BB on Farscape than SG-1 *shrugs*
      sigpic

Comment

Jack. I like his irony and sarcasm. He's a great leader, I think (besides Hammond) the best of the entire franchise. Because he hold himself back, because he steps aside if needed.

Cam ... as much as I like seasons 9 and 10 but he will never be my favorite character. I hate especially how he acted to get Teal'c back into the team.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

What? It can't be both?

I love Jack. He's one of my two favoutite SG-1 characters (the other being Daniel), but I came to love Cam, too.

It doesn't have to be either or, surely?

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Hear hear!....my life's too short to bother about comparisons imho (and quite probably bring back the same old arguments which have been done to death )...I love them both in their own way...I love my show as much as I did when I first got hooked....there's not a day go by when I don't mourn it's passing and I would be the first in line to take it back with either leading!!...

I'm just grateful for 10 Seasons of pure fun and enjoyment and great characters and acting!...

<3 <3 Show....

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Cameron didn't display good leadership skills, he may have been quick thinking, but not in a good way, and he was also extremely reckless and put his team in danger more ofteh than not, and he was way too eager to display just how good he was and impress his teammates - which he failed miserably at.

Having said that, ... Jack all the way for me. Jack was a better leader than Cam ever will be.

Comment

I totally agree with Hedwig, which is why I called Cameron O'Neill Lite.
                I just wonder why the writers didn't think about it.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Cameron didn't display good leadership skills, he may have been quick thinking, but not in a good way, and he was also extremely reckless and put his team in danger more ofteh than not, and he was way too eager to display just how good he was and impress his teammates - which he failed miserably at.

Having said that, ... Jack all the way for me. Jack was a better leader than Cam ever will be.

Comment

jack is by far the better character/leader imo. i never liked cameron that much in sg1 but i loved ben browder as john crichton in farscape.
                  sigpic
                  The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I'm a Jack O'Neill kinda girl; simply because not only was he a great leader (for SG-1 and SGC), wonderfully sarcastic, had an awesome sense of humor and a dark side but he also had great character, which showed in how he dealt with all the painful events and traumas - emotionally and physically - in his life, like losing his son, being a POW in Iraq and being tortured, killed and revived by Ba'al. Oh, and he's kinda hot.

Cameron Mitchell was a lousy leader, who more often than not deferred to his teammates, who were all far more qualified to even step through the gate than he ever was. He came across as very immature to me and had a juvenile sense of humor. There are no real remarkable qualities or talents to him, other than being such an outstanding F302 pilot that he crashed his fighter and killed his copilot - and making bad jokes. Overall, I felt he didn't really treat the original SG-1 with the respect they deserved (but then so did TPTB...) and I always got the impression he saw being the leader of SG-1 as some kind of great adventure, instead of a real, very dangerous and important job. He never seemed to take anything seriously and more than once his attitude led to endangering his team unnecessarily. His more serious background - his father's crash, the friendly fire incident, his F302 crash - also didn't seem to have a very big impact on him, or maybe BB failed to convey it because I thought he was rather cavalier about everything.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
                      What? It can't be both?

I love Jack. He's one of my two favoutite SG-1 characters (the other being Daniel), but I came to love Cam, too.

I concur
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
                        What? It can't be both?

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                        ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Hear hear!....my life's too short to bother about comparisons imho (and quite probably bring back the same old arguments which have been done to death )...I love them both in their own way...I love my show as much as I did when I first got hooked....there's not a day go by when I don't mourn it's passing and I would be the first in line to take it back with either leading!!...

I'm just grateful for 10 Seasons of pure fun and enjoyment and great characters and acting!...

<3 <3 Show....

Deeds xx
                        I'm with these two all the way.

Comment

Well I definitely prefer Jack but Cam did eventually come into a fun little personality of his own. But in the end, no one could replace Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

another reason i liked him
                            sigpic
                            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

My first thought after reading this post? WHAT leadership skills? I sure as hell don't recall any.

But as others said, this has been discussed to death. So, in short: Jack all the way for me, for all the reasons hedwig and fems stated.

For the record, thanks to certain GW members, I grew to like Cam eventually. As a character. As a leader? Not in a million years.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              I actually preferred BB on Farscape than SG-1 *shrugs*
                              Me too.
                              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                              X