Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate as a Video Game

Hi there guys, first a quick introduction

I am a final year Game Design student and, as part of my honours project, Ive taken on the challenge (set by myself admittedly) of a Stargate game.

the basics of it, as I see it so far, are to have it set on Earth in the SGC following the end of the series so as to allow a little more creative license.

gameplay wise I see the SGC as a hub for missions as it is in the series with an over arcing story broken up by smaller side missions and stories throughout, basically a First Person Shooter/RPG.

so what I put to you guys is this, what would you like to see in something like this? returning/new characters, stories, villains (new or old) just a few examples, feel free to go nuts on it and change everything I said, for now its a purely academic excercise so don't spend time thinking about copyrights or possibilities of people coming back as voice actors etc

just what would make your Stargate game?

Thanks all

It would be awsome if the game was kinda free roam.Kinda mass effect stlye where you can go through cates where ever you want.These are just my ideas.But yeah make a stargate game.

Comment

The idea I had floating around was of a puzzle solving; you know since most episodes of SG-1 seemed to involve the crew solving their way out of a situation, that combined with an FPS style of gameplay, an RPG-like dialog system and some ability to free-roam around the worlds. What I would like games to do is to create their own story and allow you to free-roam the massive worlds but there is only so much technology can do at this moment.

However, I'm following the mod StarCry which is as close to a good Stargate game that you'll get. Good graphics, faithful weapons, possibly interesting story; this may be the one.
      Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
      X