Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou Diamond Phillips On TNT's Southland ( S4 Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lou Diamond Phillips On TNT's Southland ( S4 Spoilers)

I was pleasantly surprised to see Lou Diamond Phillips have a fairly significant guest spot on the Season 4 premiere tonight. If you don't know anything about Southland, it's basically a Cop show, but decidedly realistic. There isn't any order--it's about the police officers handling some of the most gruesome crimes in the some of the most crime-ridden areas in Los Angeles. And all of them, aside from Benjamin McKenzie's character who essentially acts as the voice of reason, have major flaws. Many of the police officers are narcissistic, some racist, some selfish. All of this makes Southland a great show.

Plus, did I mention, Lou Diamond Phillips guest starred? It was on tonight. I'm not sure if he's recurring. I did a quick Google search, and the articles I read seemed to imply it was a one-time guest spot, but Wikipedia seems to imply that he's going to be on the show for the rest of the season (not to spoil too much, but I could see how his character could be either written out or continued--there's a plot element in the episode that this would make sense).

Lou Diamond Phillips all policey:
    http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/G...uthland-72.jpg

Southland is one of my favorite shows. I've watched every episode since it started off on its NBC run 3 years ago.

Lou Diamond Phillips definitely made an interesting guest spot. There's an interesting dynamic in the season 4 premiere between Sherman (Ben McKenzie), Bryant (Shawn Hatosy), and Ferguson (LDP). Ferguson is easily the most jaded and jackass of the three, arguably as bad as Cooper (Michael Cudlitz). Sherman is at the other end of the spectrum, being the most idealistic. Bryant, with his experience, seems to be the realistic midpoint between the two.

I'm really glad Bryant seems to have gotten things together. He was put through the ringer last season with the death of his partner but I think he's handled it well.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X