Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Arc

wish they would of had more seasons to tell the story
    Last edited by USS Thor; 17 January 2012, 10:06 PM. Reason: post was blanked
    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

I preferred that speed of progression. If anything, it was better paced than the Goa'uld arc.

Comment

I agree. Especially as I found the Ori boring in the extreme. I much preferred the non-Ori eps in the later seasons.
      sigpic

Comment

the writers could of done so much better, often times during the crusades things got ugly and the reason the ori were so boring is their predicatablity. If they would of focused on the war element and the extermination of the non believers it could of been better plus an enemy that powerful would be harder to defeat then the goa'uld
        sigpic

Comment

The point about the Ori was that they were too powerful to be beaten with ordinary means, unlike the Goa'uld whose only advantage was better technology to start with.
          sigpic

Comment

thats my point, the writers had to come up with a way to win, they kind of out did themselves in a way. The thing is that Ori tech wasnt even as advanced as Ancient, for example their need for rings and lack of zpm power supplies. Anyway all i'm saying is i just wish we would of seen some new arc's created but the Goa'uld plot went on for awhile.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
              Yeah, here I'm with you. One or two seasons more about the Ori. At some point the ancients haven't had another choice as to begin to act because the Ori were too powerful for the humans and their allies. I like AoT, no way, but always I feel sad about this movie because at least it was ways too easy after how they first built up the Ori in season 9 .

As I always say, for me the Ori-ark has something in equal with the "First ones"-ark from Babylon5. And I really, really wish TPTW had done something more for it and had had the chance to tell the full story.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
                Two seasons and the movie was enough for me. The Ori were interesting, but no where near as fun to watch as the Goa'uld.

Comment

Hallowed are the Goa'uld.......I mean, the Ori...... ;-)
                  But I find it difficult to imagine that anyone would have respect and awe for those disgusting looking priors......

Comment

I suspect it's their super powers people have awe and respect for, not the scary-looking Priors.

Comment

I wouldn't have minded a BIT more of a lead up to the Ark of Truth, perhaps half a season's worth with AoT being the finale (though obviously a bit different). Then of course, in a perfect world, there would be another season and another baddie after that...
                      sigpic

Comment

well said chris well said
                        sigpic

Comment

I always thought that two more seasons, with the last half of the final leading to the AoT. I think the speed of the episodes hurt the overall story. Especially in the last season. They had to hurry up and wrap as much up as possible.

I think the Ori were good villains. They just didn't get the fleshing out that the System Lords did. I don't think another 8 seasons was required, but maybe one or two with the Aot being the finale of the show or the wrap up movie.

Too be honest, I just wanted more SG-1.
                          sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

Originally posted by Kratos_Goauld_of_War View Post

Too be honest, I just wanted more SG-1.
                            I feel the same way...But 10 seasons, 214 episodes and 2 TV movies plus the original Stargate is a lot more than most shows get. I'm grateful for them.
                            sigpic

Comment

I can understand wanting the show to continue. For me, ten seasons was enough. Answer me this... Why does there need to be this big, 10-episode build up to the movie? I presume ya'll expected a quest for the ark as we saw a quest for the Sangraal? There would have been one across the end of the tenth season and the eleventh season. Cancellation necessitated the entire ark story be condensed into the movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X