• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Angels (411)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    MAKING ANGELS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 411

Olivia and Peter search for a man who can predict people's deaths, and is killing them to spare further pain and misery. The other Astrid shows up in Walter's lab with a very personal mission.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 April 2015, 11:39 AM.

I quite enjoyed this. Seeing Blue and Red Astrids interact was fun, I loved how Red Astrid got on so well with Walter, it was nice seeing Red Olivia burying the hatchet with Walter (even though I'm more confused than ever at what happened in this timeline for Season 2-3), and I'm very intrigued by the ending.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's good to see into the Observers more, I think they're going to be the main focus of the end of this season.

What is Abrams obsession with the number 47? I think ever since Alias (maybe even something before), it's featured in every single one of the shows he's worked on. I've been noticing it a lot in Fringe lately.

Comment

Maybe since doing Trek2009, he's become a Star Trek fan.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I quite enjoyed this. Seeing Blue and Red Astrids interact was fun, I loved how Red Astrid got on so well with Walter, it was nice seeing Red Olivia burying the hatchet with Walter (even though I'm more confused than ever at what happened in this timeline for Season 2-3), and I'm very intrigued by the ending.
          I loved the 2 Astrids too. I always knew that there was something off with Red Astrid, but I never noticed that she is this authistic(I think thats the right word). I dont really get the end though. First our Astrid says she is not so close to her father either and when she comes home he is smiling and cooking for her. That looked like a close relationship to me.

I am always facinated how they get the 2 Versions to interact so well. I tried many times patch to up 10 secounds of Videofootage where I try the same and it always fails miserably since I seem to be unable to get the timing right.

The Observers get stranger and stranger by the Episode. I think the weirdest thing for me is why the communicator the one used seemed old and their precognition device was quite futuristic. Also the Device seemed to let the user see a very detailed Past, Present and Future, while that is actually just one possibility. September said that he checked every possible Future, so I guess my question is where their Tech ends and their Abilities begin.
          Last edited by tomstone; 04 February 2012, 01:17 PM.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            I dont really get the end though. First our Astrid says she is not so close to her father either and when she comes home he is smiling and cooking for her. That looked like a close relationship to me.
            I guess she thought it easier to lie, better to have her believe a little white lie than her heart be broken even more than it already was.

Loved the episode, been waiting for one like that where they all work together.

Did anyone else get the impression, from the conversation at the end, that September is not dead?

Comment

The Observers get stranger and stranger by the Episode. I think the weirdest thing for me is why the communicator the one used seemed old and their precognition device was quite futuristic. Also the Device seemed to let the user see a very detailed Past, Present and Future, while that is actually just one possibility. September said that he checked every possible Future, so I guess my question is where their Tech ends and their Abilities begin.
              My impression is it's because they can also move through time. They can see the timeline of an individual, make some changes, and see the new timeline. Perhaps even their intent to make changes is enough to see different possibilities which would make it even faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                My impression is it's because they can also move through time. They can see the timeline of an individual, make some changes, and see the new timeline. Perhaps even their intent to make changes is enough to see different possibilities which would make it even faster.
                Thats possibly true. Just as September was about to erase Peter and stopped, because he saw a possibility, though I wonder why he didnt look far enough to see the problem with Olivia.

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                Did anyone else get the impression, from the conversation at the end, that September is not dead?
                I guess he is still alive. Because of 2 lines of the Observers conversation.
                Observer 1: "That really is Septembers."
                Observer 2: "He must have lost it back in 1985. He/You will be interrested to know what happened to it."
                The Actor swallowed the first word and I cant quite say which one it is. Maybe you guys have more luck.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Very good episode. Both my wife and I really enjoyed it. I sure hope that the Observers become a bigger part of the story. I want to know their role in all of this.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I guess he is still alive. Because of 2 lines of the Observers conversation.
                    Observer 1: "That really is Septembers."
                    Observer 2: "He must have lost it back in 1985. He/You will be interrested to know what happened to it."
                    The Actor swallowed the first word and I cant quite say which one it is. Maybe you guys have more luck.
                    He said he, which is what made me think he's still alive too.
                    The boss guy did give a strange look though, but that might have been more to do with being told Peter was back than a "didn't you hear? September is no longer" look.

I think the Observers are going to be the "enemy" this season, rather than the shape shifters, or Altverse, maybe they will attempt to delete Peter again, and because everybody has become so used to having him around, the end game might be the two sides coming together to fight the Observers.

I also think the guy hadn't actually worked out the "look at all of time together" mathematics, rather the bit of Observer tech he acquired gave him the ability.

Comment

I don't think they can die, because they move through time. They could just meet up with him at an event he observed.

Comment

Interesting episode...I wonder why the FBI didn't search the guy's apartment for the observer's device?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          Interesting episode...I wonder why the FBI didn't search the guy's apartment for the observer's device?
                          Probably because they didnt know that it was the device that gave him that ability. They had one victim that said that he had something glowing in his hands, but since he didnt have it with him, they probably decided to leave it at that. After all the one that could tell them something is already dead.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Probably because they didnt know that it was the device that gave him that ability. They had one victim that said that he had something glowing in his hands, but since he didnt have it with him, they probably decided to leave it at that. After all the one that could tell them something is already dead.
                            Possibly...just doesn't make sense that they didn't go through his room.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Possibly...just doesn't make sense that they didn't go through his room.
                              Thats true, but in the last scene of the Apartment the Police obviously going through the stuff in there. So does that make up for it? I know it doesnt, because in any case the safe was not very well hidden and any normal officer in a investigation would demand to take a look in it. Lets just say the searching Policemen werent very interrested or Grams threw them out quite fast.

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              He said he, which is what made me think he's still alive too.
                              The boss guy did give a strange look though, but that might have been more to do with being told Peter was back than a "didn't you hear? September is no longer" look.

I think the Observers are going to be the "enemy" this season, rather than the shape shifters, or Altverse, maybe they will attempt to delete Peter again, and because everybody has become so used to having him around, the end game might be the two sides coming together to fight the Observers.

I also think the guy hadn't actually worked out the "look at all of time together" mathematics, rather the bit of Observer tech he acquired gave him the ability.
                              Frak, I just noticed, but if September lost it in the past and got shot somewhere in the Future, then he did that checking on his own. I really hope he is okay, because he really must care alot if he goes through that.

I know that the observers can jump through time, but in terms off events it doesnt make sense. Why would he check the Future and after he got shot return to the time where Peter died and loose the device there?
                              Last edited by tomstone; 06 February 2012, 09:46 AM.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                              X