• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced Perspective (410)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    FORCED PERSPECTIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 410

The Fringe team searches for a young artist with the ability to see death before it happens, which becomes even more crucial after she predicts a mass-casualty event. Meanwhile, Olivia is preoccupied by her own personal warning from one of the Observers.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 April 2015, 01:05 PM.

I had a major league "oh duh" moment in the 'previously on Fringe' at the beginning. After all my surprise and wondering about Nina at the end of last episode....along comes this reminder that she is behind Olivia's migranes in this timeline. I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that little sinister moment earlier on this season.

As to this one, it was decent-to-good tonight, though not excellent IMO. Had a bit of that old first season case-of-the-week vibe to it, which I had mixed feelings about. It was a solid story, but I wish they'd kept up with the momentum of the last couple weeks' development of the main story.

Despite how much I usually hate child and teen actors, the girl with the ability here was absolutely terrific. She took good material and just batted it out of the park, so props to her.

I liked the little reminder of how Peter's still in the wrong place--Olivia's surprise when he nonchalantly notes that she's looking at pictures of the Observers, but she has no idea who they are.

And at the end, I was thinking that head didn't look quite fat enough to be September's. Honestly when I saw it, I immediately thought it was Peter Woodward (August).
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Fringe rose up off its lows by a tenth to a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.

YES!! Up is up!

Comment

This was a pretty good episode. Not as good as the last two, but still very enjoyable.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I had a major league "oh duh" moment in the 'previously on Fringe' at the beginning. After all my surprise and wondering about Nina at the end of last episode....along comes this reminder that she is behind Olivia's migranes in this timeline. I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that little sinister moment earlier on this season.

As to this one, it was decent-to-good tonight, though not excellent IMO. Had a bit of that old first season case-of-the-week vibe to it, which I had mixed feelings about. It was a solid story, but I wish they'd kept up with the momentum of the last couple weeks' development of the main story.

Despite how much I usually hate child and teen actors, the girl with the ability here was absolutely terrific. She took good material and just batted it out of the park, so props to her.

I liked the little reminder of how Peter's still in the wrong place--Olivia's surprise when he nonchalantly notes that she's looking at pictures of the Observers, but she has no idea who they are.

And at the end, I was thinking that head didn't look quite fat enough to be September's. Honestly when I saw it, I immediately thought it was Peter Woodward (August).
          I guess we can say now for sure that this is not the right Nina Sharp. Never mind that her intents are sinister, she doesnt remember key elements from Olivias past, that is indeed AltNina. Now I am just waiting for someone to rip off her gloves. At least I guess that AltNina doesnt have the mechanic arm like Nina does.

I agree with you on the Child. She did a very good job with all her scenes.

I also think it was August from the back at the end of the Episode. I really hope September found someone who could save his life, since to be honest he seemed at the brink of death when bringing Olivia the message.
          Last edited by tomstone; 29 January 2012, 08:16 PM.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Good episode...like many of you...I'd forgotten that Nina was involved with the injections. I wonder what they are? I agree that this may be an Altina
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Good episode...like many of you...I'd forgotten that Nina was involved with the injections. I wonder what they are? I agree that this may be an Altina
              I can make a guess whats in those injections. What happened to the Cortexiphan trails in this Timeline? The Girl this episode should be someone that falls in the category of one of the Testsubjects. So if Nina is behind the Injections and the Girls kidnapping cases, then I guess it is save to say that she is experimenting with it.

If that is true Olivia is already as good as dead. After all I think there was a good reason they did the Trails on Kids.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                I can make a guess whats in those injections. What happened to the Cortexiphan trails in this Timeline? The Girl this episode should be someone that falls in the category of one of the Testsubjects. So if Nina is behind the Injections and the Girls kidnapping cases, then I guess it is save to say that she is experimenting with it.

If that is true Olivia is already as good as dead. After all I think there was a good reason they did the Trails on Kids.
                Well, we do know Altina is the one behind Olivia's injections...and I was thinking it could possibly be coretexiphan.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's coretexiphan at all, I think it's something to suppress her abilities, and the headaches are her bodies way of trying to fight it.

There was a clue in the "Back to where you've never been before" episode (aside from the title that is), Peter goes to Olivia to ask her help in crossing over, so she says (paraphrasing) well we have the machine Walter originally used, Peter replied "we don't need that, you can do it yourself", to which she looks at him in a WTF kind of way and says something like "what do you mean" before they are interrupted, and the conversation moves away from the subject.

So in this timeline Olivia has never crossed over by herself recently, and it was Peter who knew about the soft spot in the theatre house. I think its safe to assume the injections have been going on for quiet some time though.

Which Observer was it at the end though?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    I don't think it's coretexiphan at all, I think it's something to suppress her abilities, and the headaches are her bodies way of trying to fight it.

There was a clue in the "Back to where you've never been before" episode (aside from the title that is), Peter goes to Olivia to ask her help in crossing over, so she says (paraphrasing) well we have the machine Walter originally used, Peter replied "we don't need that, you can do it yourself", to which she looks at him in a WTF kind of way and says something like "what do you mean" before they are interrupted, and the conversation moves away from the subject.

So in this timeline Olivia has never crossed over by herself recently, and it was Peter who knew about the soft spot in the theatre house. I think its safe to assume the injections have been going on for quiet some time though.
                    If anything, abilities are something useful. No one so far answerd to my Question as to what happened to the Trails. That Girl was obviously a experiment. She was hunted by Nina, so the only conclusion is that Nina was the one that did it to her. Why should she experiment on someone, while she surpresses the abilities of her main objective?

Just guessing how the Timeline changed, but after Walters failing in saving Peter he had a Breakdown. Meaning that the events like Olivia crossing over the first time as a Child in worries for Peter never happened one way or the other.

I think the Trails still started and Olivia was part of it, but after Walters breakdown the Project was halted. Once AltNina seized control she restarted the Trails because they want the Abilities these Kids where first diagnosed with, with Olivia being a very important one.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Good point but Massive Dynamics have had Walter's original machine to cross over with since he had his breakdown, so why pump someone full of coretexiphan to awaken their crossing over ability when you can just drop down to the stores and haul out the machine yourself.

Like you I think the trials happened, Walter pretty much said they did earlier in the series, but to me it just seems a strange thing to do to someone 200 miles up the road when you've got an easier solution in a room down the hall.

Maybe... the reason AltNina doesn't want Olivia crossing over by herself, is because Nina is being held over there, and AltNina knows once Olivia works out what's happened, if she can cross over, she will with or without the bridge. This is negated by that bridge of course, but this "suppression" could pre-date that and stopping the Bridge from working might be easy compared to stopping a woman scorned.

One thing that bugs me a little, is nobody in this new timeline, seems to question exactly how the bridge got there, after all it didn't exactly materialise out of thin air, well actually it did, but you'd think someone would ask "since when has this been here?" or "who built this?", or maybe each side just assumes the other side built it, and nobody has thought to verify it - typical Governments

Comment

Working...
                      X