COTG final cut Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COTG final cut Film

Should MGM put Children Of The Gods into Cinemas just as one last dedication to Don S. Davis
    ~RIP~
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

I think they already dedicated the film to him, no point in releasing it in cinemas now it's been out for a while. Unless it's made hundreds of millions, I couldn't see them trying to put it in cinemas for any reason.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      I think they already dedicated the film to him, no point in releasing it in cinemas now it's been out for a while. Unless it's made hundreds of millions, I couldn't see them trying to put it in cinemas for any reason.
      but still it would be a nice touch and since sgu ended this could be the next big stargate thing bring back a classic
      ~RIP Maj Janet Fraiser, Carson Beckett and Don S. Davis~
      sigpic

Comment

You're talking about dedicating to the characters, but Don. S Davis sadly died. Fraiser was a character, Beckett was a character, Davis was an actor.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          You're talking about dedicating to the characters, but Don. S Davis sadly died. Fraiser was a character, Beckett was a character, Davis was an actor.
          what do you mean?
          sigpic

Comment

The difference between actors and characters... actors are real people, characters are fictional.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
            sigpic
            now also appearing on DeviantArt
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
              what do you mean?
              While the characters of Frazier, Beckett, and Hammond died in the series, the actors that portrayed Frazier and Beckett are still very much alive off screen. Don S. Davis is not, having died several years ago. I don't see COTG being released in theaters to satisfy fan sentiment. Studios are profit driven, not sentiment driven.

Comment

i could only see it happening if MGM were interested in releasing a new stargate series, and wanted to see how much appeal there was, and then just a limited release in like nyc, la, toronto, chicago, and orlando, maybe dallas
                Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                  While the characters of Frazier, Beckett, and Hammond died in the series, the actors that portrayed Frazier and Beckett are still very much alive off screen. Don S. Davis is not, having died several years ago. I don't see COTG being released in theaters to satisfy fan sentiment. Studios are profit driven, not sentiment driven.
                  im not saying dedicate it to Janet and Carson im saying dedicate it to Davis ~RIP~
                  sigpic

Comment

Movies don't get put in theaters to pay tribute, movies get put in theaters if studios think there's a chance to make a boatload of money.

This would not.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

My initial gut reaction was that it would be amazing to see it on the big screen. Of course, as pretty much everyone else has said, that'll never happen. As much as a tribute would be nice, I'm not sure a big-screen release would even be seen as such.
                      "When I need your advice Terri, I'll give the secret signal. Which is me being sectioned under the Mental Health Act"

Comment

im not saying dedicate it to Janet and Carson im saying dedicate it to Davis ~RIP~
                        You're saying rest in peace to one soul that has passed on, and two fictional characters? Ok then..

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                          You're saying rest in peace to one soul that has passed on, and two fictional characters? Ok then..
                          im saying RIP to Davis
                          sigpic

Comment

Scroll up about ten posts. You did say RIP to all three.

Comment

Quoted, to prevent it being edited out

but still it would be a nice touch and since sgu ended this could be the next big stargate thing bring back a classic
                              ~RIP Maj Janet Fraiser, Carson Beckett and Don S. Davis~
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X