Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many humans do you think there are in the entire Pegasus galaxy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many humans do you think there are in the entire Pegasus galaxy?

apparently earth is worth more then the entire galaxy to the Wraith

well you figure that there seems to be at least a 100 on most of the planets they visited (and that is mostly just the village by the gate). i would guess somewhere in the millions.
    sigpic

Comment

Wasn't that also based on the fact that there were like 7 billion on one planet (that being earth) and it was an untapped reserve, whereas the pegasus populations were spread out and had been culled a bunch already, so there was less "fresh produce" to go around so to speak?
      Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
      sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

The number could range from a few million to upwards of several hundred million. An unknown quantity in making an analysis comes from Weir's announcement that several advanced races exist in Pegasus. It's a giant unknown, and leaves us making broad but unverifiable estimants.
        Last edited by AlexanderD; 10 January 2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

IMO it wouldn't be worth it for the Wraith to try and come to Earth unless the Human population of Pegasus is on the verge of extinction or so few Humans actually live there now that there are barely enough for a faction of Wraith to live comfortably.
          IMO there's probably no more than a few hundred Humans per planet.

In The Rising Melia the Ancient woman in the hologram said that a thousand worlds had human life on them.
          I doubt all of those worlds with life would have Human populations on them now, maybe a few dozen do now from what we've seen, but we can't say for sure.

We know Earth has over 7 billion people on it now, it's clear that this planet has more Humans living on it than in the whole of Pegasus, in fact far more people live here than in the whole of the Pegasus galaxy.

There's no way for anyone to say specifically, but IMO Pegasus probably has a population in the low thousands, with probably a few hundred people living on the planets that still have humans living on them, with no more than a hundred worlds still having human populations on them.
          If 100 worlds still have a population of 400 people on each planet then we're looking at a population of 40,000 humans living in the Pegasus galaxy, I think this is the highest population possible, IMO it's more likely that only a few dozen worlds have Human colonies of a few Hundred people living on them, maybe 36 worlds, with 300 people at most, so maybe a population of 10,800 people live in the Pegasus galaxy.

We can't really say for sure though and if it was in the millions then I think we'd have seen more people on most of the planets our people have been too, TBH the population could be much lower than even 10,000 people, given that we've been to quite a few planets and we rarely see Human colonies.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
            The number could range from a few million to upwards of several hundred million. An unknown quantity in making an analysis comes from Weir's announcement that several advanced races exist in Pegasus. It's a giant unknown, and leaves us making broad but unverifiable estimants.
            I forgot about Elizabeth's comments, there could be populations in the the millions on those planets and not knowing how many worlds they make up does screw with the numbers, so we can't really say.
            Several could mean anything.

Shame we never saw any of those planets she referred to.
            Some of them could be other species besides Humans.

IMO less advanced species could be low thousands and those would be the Humans the Wraith are feeding on.

Comment

i'd say it's in the 1 billion range from a guess, during the replicator-wraith war the replicators wiped out like 150,000 and that doesnt count the countless populations the wraith had called plus the other advanced races we never saw that prolly number in the millions
              sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                IMO it wouldn't be worth it for the Wraith to try and come to Earth unless the Human population of Pegasus is on the verge of extinction or so few Humans actually live there now that there are barely enough for a faction of Wraith to live comfortably.
                IMO there's probably no more than a few hundred Humans per planet.

In The Rising Melia the Ancient woman in the hologram said that a thousand worlds had human life on them.
                I doubt all of those worlds with life would have Human populations on them now, maybe a few dozen do now from what we've seen, but we can't say for sure.

We know Earth has over 7 billion people on it now, it's clear that this planet has more Humans living on it than in the whole of Pegasus, in fact far more people live here than in the whole of the Pegasus galaxy.

There's no way for anyone to say specifically, but IMO Pegasus probably has a population in the low thousands, with probably a few hundred people living on the planets that still have humans living on them, with no more than a hundred worlds still having human populations on them.
                If 100 worlds still have a population of 400 people on each planet then we're looking at a population of 40,000 humans living in the Pegasus galaxy, I think this is the highest population possible, IMO it's more likely that only a few dozen worlds have Human colonies of a few Hundred people living on them, maybe 36 worlds, with 300 people at most, so maybe a population of 10,800 people live in the Pegasus galaxy.

We can't really say for sure though and if it was in the millions then I think we'd have seen more people on most of the planets our people have been too, TBH the population could be much lower than even 10,000 people, given that we've been to quite a few planets and we rarely see Human colonies.
                what about the few industrial planets we see, they must have relatively large populations.... right?

Comment

This is probably just another one of the points about the SGA storylines that the writers never really thought about going into details about.
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                    what about the few industrial planets we see, they must have relatively large populations.... right?
                    They were few and far between and we never saw large numbers of people walking around.

Many had been culled to extinction, the Wraith don't like races of Humans that get any measure of technology.

Many industrial looking worlds had no people on them, I think only 2 had people still living on them and one of those was killed by the Wraith before the Reps ventured out into the galaxy.

Comment

I'm guessing anywhere from a few million to a little under a billion. After all, Earth a hundred years ago didn't even have a billion people on it, so I'm guessing that the ones that actually have industrialised have anywhere from a few million to a hundred million.

Comment

I'm guessing anywhere from a few million to a little under a billion. After all, Earth a hundred years ago didn't even have a billion people on it, so I'm guessing that the ones that actually have industrialised have anywhere from a few million to a hundred million.
                        ah yes, good point.

This is probably just another one of the points about the SGA storylines that the writers never really thought about going into details about.
                        unfortunately, yes. in a few decades we added a billion humans to the population. if the Wraith stopped whimping out (they freaking defeated the ANCIENTS), then they could safely let a race advance to, well, around the nuclear age. it should be equal to about 5 billion or so humans. previously to nuclear power, no race has even the slightest chance of harming the Wraith, so why would they bother?

Comment

a lot less after the Replicators blew up a bunch of planets.
                          Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

"I'm guessing that the ones that actually have industrialised have anywhere from a few million to a hundred million"
                            Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            ah yes, good point.
                            no it isn't, if that was the case the wraith would only need about a few dozen planets that advanced to make up for 1 earth, I think it's safe to assume that plants don't have to have the same population we did to be advanced as we where at different points in history

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            unfortunately, yes. in a few decades we added a billion humans to the population. if the Wraith stopped whimping out (they freaking defeated the ANCIENTS), then they could safely let a race advance to, well, around the nuclear age. it should be equal to about 5 billion or so humans. previously to nuclear power, no race has even the slightest chance of harming the Wraith, so why would they bother?
                            same applies

Comment

no it isn't, if that was the case the wraith would only need about a few dozen planets that advanced to make up for 1 earth, I think it's safe to assume that plants don't have to have the same population we did to be advanced as we where at different points in history
                              yes it is. the entire " wraith keep cultures at medieval level" stuff is ridiculous. they'd beat the crap out of a 22nd century earth race. (well, the wraith that defeated the Ancients would).

the point is, there are not a whole lot of those planets, and those that are discovered get levelled, not culled to the last man.

Comment

Working...
                              X