would sg-1 have competition with the new star wars movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would sg-1 have competition with the new star wars movies

would it have with '99 season 3 same time star wars 1 came out '02 season 5 same time as star wars 2 and '05 season 9 same as star wars 3
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

I don't really think they were in direct competition with each other i was 5 and i saw both once star wars came out on vhs.
    sigpic

Comment

Star Wars is a movie franchise, Stargate is a TV franchise. They wouldn't have any type of competition because they aren't trying to compete.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Star Wars is a movie franchise, Stargate is a TV franchise. They wouldn't have any type of competition because they aren't trying to compete.
        yes but do you think with them both being of a sci fi nature there could have been some competition and with them both being massive hits
        sigpic
        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

I don't think there is any competition between them. One is a movie you may see once (or many more times, depending on the person) and the other is a TV show that you would watch over an extended period of time. There seems little evidence to support any direct competition.
          At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
            would it have with '99 season 3 same time star wars 1 came out '02 season 5 same time as star wars 2 and '05 season 9 same as star wars 3
            There's no punctuation. I'm not sure how to read nor answer this. I'll say this... TV shows don't compete with movies.

Comment

There's no competition, the markets are totally different. Movies have competition because people will only see a limited number of movies. No one is going to say "Which should I see, Star Wars or Stargate?" They will go to as many movies as their budget and time permit, and the rest of the time they will watch TV shows. Unless they happen to go to the movie on the same night as Stargate aired, and thus miss the TV show, there's no competition.

People routinely watch a 20+ episode TV series. Only the really hardcore Star Wars fans will go watch Star Wars in the theatre that often.

Comment

Working...
              X