PDA

View Full Version : No Reinforcements?

GhostPoet
May 19th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Here's a question..we pretty much know they only go back to earth on some occasions...because the cost of power is just too much to open a wormhole to earth.

So...they are bringing troops with them...but what happens when they lose men? How do they get reinforcements?

SGSlugger
May 19th, 2004, 11:59 AM
I think the plan is not to lose any men. :p

If I remember right, I think that it's a volunteer mission, just to see what's out there. There is no assurance that you'll get back, or that others are coming after you.

joshing123
May 19th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I think it's part of their way of differentiating it from SG1, plus it adds just a little more tension for the show since they know they're on their own. They have to be more resourceful.
Of course let's see if after 7 years they still have plenty of bullets and ships etc. (Voyager anyone - how many shuttles did they have on that ship! :D )

Teal'c
May 20th, 2004, 07:52 AM
The difference is they can contact Earth when neccessary, which makes more sense than Voyager's bay of infinite shuttles :P And tubes of infintie torpedos....

Bast
May 20th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Voyager made new torpedoes, As for the Shuttles , They probaily could have built more of them.

Teal'c
May 20th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Voyager made new torpedoes, As for the Shuttles , They probaily could have built more of them.
And built the extra Warp Cores for them too? It's a small ship, not Utopia Planetia :P

Anubis
May 20th, 2004, 09:16 AM
A

Posted by SGSlugger

I think the plan is not to lose any men. :p

If I remember right, I think that it's a volunteer mission, just to see what's out there. There is no assurance that you'll get back, or that others are coming after you.

I agree. They can't loose any men. Plus, have you noticed that the SGC are always the ones to make the hourly contact

hezie99
May 21st, 2004, 05:08 AM
so it stands to reason that they can stay in contact with home and recieve supplys but they cannot return through there gate to earth