This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Reinforcements?

Here's a question..we pretty much know they only go back to earth on some occasions...because the cost of power is just too much to open a wormhole to earth.

So...they are bringing troops with them...but what happens when they lose men? How do they get reinforcements?
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

I think the plan is not to lose any men.

If I remember right, I think that it's a volunteer mission, just to see what's out there. There is no assurance that you'll get back, or that others are coming after you.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I think it's part of their way of differentiating it from SG1, plus it adds just a little more tension for the show since they know they're on their own. They have to be more resourceful.
      Of course let's see if after 7 years they still have plenty of bullets and ships etc. (Voyager anyone - how many shuttles did they have on that ship! )

Comment

The difference is they can contact Earth when neccessary, which makes more sense than Voyager's bay of infinite shuttles And tubes of infintie torpedos....

Comment

Voyager made new torpedoes, As for the Shuttles , They probaily could have built more of them.
          The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
            Voyager made new torpedoes, As for the Shuttles , They probaily could have built more of them.
            And built the extra Warp Cores for them too? It's a small ship, not Utopia Planetia

Comment

A

Posted by SGSlugger

I think the plan is not to lose any men.

If I remember right, I think that it's a volunteer mission, just to see what's out there. There is no assurance that you'll get back, or that others are coming after you.

I agree. They can't loose any men. Plus, have you noticed that the SGC are always the ones to make the hourly contact
              __

__

Comment

so it stands to reason that they can stay in contact with home and recieve supplys but they cannot return through there gate to earth

Comment

Working...
                X