Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Cassandra, Young O'Neill and the Harcesis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Cassandra, Young O'Neill and the Harcesis?

I am in Season 8 and was anticipating some kind of return of these young characters.
    Perhaps an eventual marriage of Cassandra and Young O'Neill. Of course it could be argued that the Rogue NID know about them and would like to benefit from them....
    But what about the harcissus??
    Gone forever??

Icky, icky. Cassandra? Young Cassandra married to Young O'Neill, who is actually the older O'Neill in the young body???? No! Just no! Having said that, though, there are a couple of fanfics out there where this happens, and I have refused to read them. As I have also refused to read ones where young O'Neill and Sam (older Sam) wind up together. It just makes me grind my teeth and want to bang my head against a wall (bricks or concrete, maybe; or a trinium iris) to get the image out of my head.

Oh, and we never see or hear about Young O'Neill again, and only a comment about Cassandra in S.9, Ex Deus Machina.

Comment

The Harcessis is

Spoiler:
      an ascended being now, so he's more than likely with the rest of the Abydonians or somewhere guiding someone or watching but not interfering, whatever it is that the ancients do.

Comment

Well, I'll tell you one thing...They are either dead...or alive.

Spoiler:
        Not helpful, huh?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Icky, icky. Cassandra? Young Cassandra married to Young O'Neill, who is actually the older O'Neill in the young body???? No! Just no! Having said that, though, there are a couple of fanfics out there where this happens, and I have refused to read them. As I have also refused to read ones where young O'Neill and Sam (older Sam) wind up together. It just makes me grind my teeth and want to bang my head against a wall (bricks or concrete, maybe; or a trinium iris) to get the image out of my head.

Oh, and we never see or hear about Young O'Neill again, and only a comment about Cassandra in S.9, Ex Deus Machina.

As I have also refused to read ones where young O'Neill and Sam (older Sam) wind up together
          *gags*

To the topic at hand, they fell into the Forgotten Character Well
          sigpic

Comment

The mere thought of Clone Jack and Cassandra getting together makes me sick. Almost as sick as her and Daniel getting together.

There was a comment about Cassandra in the original script of Ripple Effect but it never made it into the episode unfortunately.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              The mere thought of Clone Jack and Cassandra getting together makes me sick. Almost as sick as her and Daniel getting together.

There was a comment about Cassandra in the original script of Ripple Effect but it never made it into the episode unfortunately.
              Why shouldn't the two most "advanced" humans on the planet get together? They are in the same age range and likely the only people they can talk about SG stuff with. If there is another SG, plan on these two having a lead role along with the smart alec girl from the USAF academy. Maybe young Jack bags the hippy Nox chick.

Comment

It's rather unusual. Here you have a boy who knows all about the SGC and other worlds, the stargate, etc. wandering around growing up as a new Jack O'Neill (of course he doesn't know anything about what happens after he leaves SGC) and we never hear of him again. One would think there would be a minimium of information not unlike Janet Fraiser's relationship with Cassandra.

Furthermore, why would the writers not tell us the fate of Cassandra after Janet died? Wouldn't that have to be part and parcel of killing off the character? By the way, I still don't understand the benefit of killing off Fraiser at all......

Finally, the harcissus was ascended and the "stepson" of Daniel, yet there is NOTHING in the rest of SG1 bringing up any contact with Daniel or anyone else for that matter?

Anyway, there are many loose ends that it would have been great to keep track of along the way even briefly. Why do only bad guys deserve follow-up? (Probably because there are fewer of them!)

I would like to have seen one episode showing representatives of all the good planet members (or some of them at least) together in some kind of official Federation of Planet assembly or something presided over by Daniel and Jonas (!!) Maybe even find a way to bring back the Nox, the Tollans, Harlan, Edorans (gosh, how will they get along on a far off planet with no stargate?); or the fate of the planet of the Eurondans, the K'Tau, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  Why shouldn't the two most "advanced" humans on the planet get together? They are in the same age range and likely the only people they can talk about SG stuff with. If there is another SG, plan on these two having a lead role along with the smart alec girl from the USAF academy. Maybe young Jack bags the hippy Nox chick.
                  They are not the same age range. Cassandra is a teenager, but 'young' Jack is a 40+ year old man in a young body. The idea of them getting together creeps me out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                    Furthermore, why would the writers not tell us the fate of Cassandra after Janet died? Wouldn't that have to be part and parcel of killing off the character? By the way, I still don't understand the benefit of killing off Fraiser at all......
                    It's just like any other character we only saw once or twice (except for Ry'ac).

We never saw or heard about them again. Plus, Janet was a secondary character (who should have been in the main cast IMO), and she only got one or two more mentions, plus a guest appearance from an AU after Heroes. So her adopted daughter isn't likely to get anything more than that either. Though I think she should have had more of a mention than occurs in S9.

I think many of us have those "I would have liked to see" episodes throughout the series. It's too bad the writers didn't (or weren't allowed to) take suggestions about possible episodes. Think what we could have done if they had.

Originally posted by Dave2
                    Maybe even find a way to bring back the Nox, the Tollans, Harlan, Edorans (gosh, how will they get along on a far off planet with no stargate?);
                    Who says any of those don't have a stargate? They all do. The Edoran one was unburied and then used again in "Shades of Grey". There's no reason to assume those places don't have stargates.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                      Are you saying Jack and Cassie are the most advanced humans on the planet? Says who?

And no, they are not in the same age range! Clone Jack has all the knowledge and life experience of Jack O'Neill, he is just trapped in a younger body. So it would be ~18 year old Cassie with a guy in his late forties who looks like a 15-year-old boy.

Not that there aren't relationships between young adult women and older men, but in this case it's sick because Jack has known her since she was a little girl and watched her grow up; more importantly I think he saw her like a daughter or maybe a niece. And the same goes for Daniel and Cassie.

It's rather unusual. Here you have a boy who knows all about the SGC and other worlds, the stargate, etc. wandering around growing up as a new Jack O'Neill (of course he doesn't know anything about what happens after he leaves SGC) and we never hear of him again. One would think there would be a minimium of information not unlike Janet Fraiser's relationship with Cassandra.
                      He's not a boy! He's a clone in a younger body. Why would you compare this to Cassandra's situation? There aren't any similarities at all. It's more than likely the USAF set him up with an allowance and he'd be living as an emancipated minor. Then later on he could choose what he'd want to do with his life; probably join the SGC or something related to it.

Besides, would you want to keep in touch with your clone? Or with your original? I think Jack and the clone said goodbye when Jack dropped him off and they weren't going to get back in touch.

Sam told us that Cassie was somewhere in Nevada going to college and later on in Ripple Effect she was supposed to tell one of the Fraiser's that she was doing well at college, but it wasn't filmed/included in the episode.

Finally, the harcissus was ascended and the "stepson" of Daniel, yet there is NOTHING in the rest of SG1 bringing up any contact with Daniel or anyone else for that matter?
                      Why? The harsesis is an ascended being; they aren't really allowed to interact with those on a lower plane of existence. The only reason the boy made contact with Daniel and the others was to convince them getting his knowledge of the Goa'uld wasn't a good idea and that he had come to accept his life as an ascended being or something. That was it; it meant goodbye.

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      They are not the same age range. Cassandra is a teenager, but 'young' Jack is a 40+ year old man in a young body. The idea of them getting together creeps me out.
                      Exactly.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I just like to see what happens to interesting characters. Just finished watching Full Alert and am really interested in what happens to the goa'ulded Kinsey who seems to have been killed along with the others of the Trust ship.

Comment

I just like to see what happens to interesting characters. Just finished watching Full Alert and am really interested in what happens to the goa'ulded Kinsey who seems to have been killed along with the others of the Trust ship.
                          We never see him again.

Comment

I confuse all the different races. Who were the ones whose planet was being burned up to make way for the new race to be brought down from its ship, and then the Edorans were transported off to a new planet? We never hear of them again. It appeared to be that they wouldn't have a stargate, otherwise they could have gated there instead of going in the ship with the android.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            It's just like any other character we only saw once or twice (except for Ry'ac).

We never saw or heard about them again. Plus, Janet was a secondary character (who should have been in the main cast IMO), and she only got one or two more mentions, plus a guest appearance from an AU after Heroes. So her adopted daughter isn't likely to get anything more than that either. Though I think she should have had more of a mention than occurs in S9.

I think many of us have those "I would have liked to see" episodes throughout the series. It's too bad the writers didn't (or weren't allowed to) take suggestions about possible episodes. Think what we could have done if they had.

Who says any of those don't have a stargate? They all do. The Edoran one was unburied and then used again in "Shades of Grey". There's no reason to assume those places don't have stargates.

Comment

I confuse all the different races. Who were the ones whose planet was being burned up to make way for the new race to be brought down from its ship, and then the Edorans were transported off to a new planet? We never hear of them again. It appeared to be that they wouldn't have a stargate, otherwise they could have gated there instead of going in the ship with the android.
                              You're thinking of The Enkarans in "Scorched Earth". They couldn't gate anywhere else, because the planet they were currently on was only one of very few that the Enkarans could survive on. Ultimately, the Gadmeer (the ones that were burning the planet) representative found the Enkaran home planet and took them back to it on the Gadmeer ship and then returned to continue terra forming the planet.

The Edorans were the ones in S3, "100 Days" where Jack got stuck on their planet (for three months) when a meteor struck and buried their stargate (which was later dug up).

Comment

Working...
                              X